Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why believe or even talk to a demon about anything.
The RCC is the authority on how to receive Communion.
No need to consult demons.
Authority lol? Who says...you? Did you not watch the video? There are some in the RCC that have a problem with it and your own exorcist does too...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then who is your authority? The demon?
the Church, you do realize this is the Orthodox subforum, and we reject the statement that the RCC is the authority on receiving the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
1d1e4619b831bbc0c7070b49398e2548.jpg

When Catholic drama pops up in TAW

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've only been able to find three books of his, "An Exorcist Tells His Story", "My Battle Against Satan" and "The Devil Is Afraid of Me". Perhaps it is a chapter in one of those books?
An Exorcist Tells His Story and The Devil Is Afraid of Me were two of the books I checked on The Internet Archive (there was also "An Exorcist Explains the Demonic" and "An Exorcist--More Stories"). I tried searching for words from the alleged exorcism to see if anything relevant turned up, but they didn't.

They didn't have a copy of My Battle Against Satan in English, but there was "Memorias de un exorcista: Mi Lucha Contra Satanás" (Memories of an Exorcist: My Fight Against Satan) and "El Ultimo Exorcista: Mi Batala Contra Satanás" (The Last Exorcist: My Battle Against Satan). These are in Spanish, obviously. Still, doing some searches through them, I again don't see this encounter in there, but of course I'm doing the search by computer and it can sometimes scan things wrong and I could miss phrases.

So I don't know. He could have said this in a book somewhere, or maybe this is taken from an interview or something. But without a clear source I have to be dubious that this was an exorcism he actually described.

Authority lol? Who says...you? Did you not watch the video? There are some in the RCC that have a problem with it and your own exorcist does too...
As noted, it's unclear whether the account shown in the video is accurate or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
When I read the texts of "exorcisms" done by RCC priests, I find myself thinking that something is drastically wrong here. They go on and on and on and on and on, arguing with the demon and demanding answers to things that ultimately support wrong RCC dogmas.

Contrast that to the explusion of the demon from the maiden in the book of Acts, where St. Peter told the demon to leave and it left.

Something ain't right.

I myself have wondered why the RC has had to have dedicated exorcists in its dioceses, and why it seems like in some cases even Fr. Amorth, who I do like, had to re-exorcise the same person. However, just because I haven’t heard of that happening in the Orthodox Church, which most definitely performs exorcisms, does not mean that it doesn’t. Exorcism in the Orthodox Church seems to be something that is, in my opinion, very properly, kept as confidential and out of the public eye as much as possible, although anyone curious can easily find the prayers of exorcism which are interestingly attributed to St. Basil and St. John Chrysostom (I like that the authors of the two main EO liturgies also wrote the two main exorcism prayers).

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Then who is your authority? The demon?

In the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and for that matter in the Oriental Orthodox and Assyrian churches, which follow the same polity and organizational structure, the authority is the diocesan bishop acting together with his Holy Synod, presided over by a presiding bishop, who might be a Patriarch, or a Catholicos, or an Archbishop or Metropolitan (in Slavic churches, Metropolitans usually outrank Archbishops, such as in the Moscow Patriarchate and the Orthodox Church in America; elsewhere it is the other way around). In all cases the episcopate is expected to act in a manner consistent with Holy Tradition and with the ancient canons which one can find in the Pedalion, compiled by St. Nicodemus the Hagiorite the book (technically a nomocanon) whose name in English translates to “the Rudder”, although the way canons are applied in the Orthodox Church is different from how they work in the Roman Catholic Church, in that bishops have the discretion to apply them with oikonomia (economy) or akrivia (severity). The canons provide guidance, which is why the definitive nomocanon is called the Rudder, because it steers the church, like the guidance system on a rocket.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
BTW, I have great affinity to the Eastern Orthodox Church and wish there was one near me.

If you were to PM us or were comfortable sharing your metro area, we could find you the nearest parish. There are very few areas in the US that are out of range of an Orthodox church; at most you might have to drive an hour or two each Sunday, round trip, unless you live in say, the middle of rural Wyoming or the plains of Eastern Colorado, in which case I reckon a long drive is part of your Sunday morning experience regardless of denomination.

Upvote 0