Victoria
✟2,141.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What is your source for that? There's nothing in the Scriptures that states that.
About 50 history books on the subject. That fact that the Jews kept the sabbath, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown (in scripture). The fact that the Jews worked six days a week.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The Jews could not attend a Sunday morning meeting because they were at work.
Who said anything about the morning? And BTW, under Roman Rule, Jews, Christian Jews, Christian Gentiles would have had to make their own time to worship, as all of these were not the approved religion of the state; rather, they were tolerated by Rome. We do know early Christians spent a lot of time together worshiping; likely when they were not working; no cottages, no disneyland, Wally world, McDonalds....

More than likely, many would have met daily, and likely communed daily, when able: Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me. That sounds frequent to me.

You seem to have a view of history that is more revisionist than historic; until very recently, the work week was not structured as ours is. When most of the world was Aguarian, a 7 day work week was the norm. (I know this because I grew up on a farm), yet there were less distractions from Church, and therefore more opportunities to attend services. Until quite recently, most Churches offered at least two services a week; many offered daily services. Besides, Synagogues that became Christian, kept their customs (which would mean meeting at the usual times), and which is why there was so much discussion regarding differences between Jews and Gentiles in the New Testament, and the validity of their practices; seems diversity of practice is OK, but unity in doctrine is more important (based on my reading of the NT).

Your statement is thin and unfounded.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Why do you believe your history books but not letters from the people taught by the Apostles? They arent Scripture. So you are holding double standards.
As an engineer, I have various "euphemisms"; "You can not use logic with the illogical, you can not reason with the unreasonable", seems to apply today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What case?
The one it will take you years of careful study of Scripture and history to even be able to see. Some of us, you know, have indeed spent years at this already. Some of us have come to a position of Traditional Christianity after trying everything else first. And we have deep love of our Lord, particularly in the Eucharist. It is no ordinary supper. It is the feast of faith, the completed version of the Levitical grain offering, the completed version of the bread and wine offered by Melchizedek. To call it a sacrament is almost too small a word. It is the bread of life, the medicine of immortality, Jesus with us. I know you think you have it all researched out. Good for you. But you haven't even scratched the surface of it.

Upvote 0

Dick Barton

Aug 4, 2021
Victoria
✟2,141.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The one it will take you years of careful study of Scripture and history to even be able to see. Some of us, you know, have indeed spent years at this already. Some of us have come to a position of Traditional Christianity after trying everything else first. And we have deep love of our Lord, particularly in the Eucharist. It is no ordinary supper. It is the feast of faith, the completed version of the Levitical grain offering, the completed version of the bread and wine offered by Melchizedek. To call it a sacrament is almost too small a word. It is the bread of life, the medicine of immortality, Jesus with us. I know you think you have it all researched out. Good for you. But you haven't even scratched the surface of it.

I try to avoid scratching surfaces as it does not offer much to the serious theologian. Most Christians do not even scratch the surface. They believe what their denomination dishes up and believe that is gospel truth.

That is not me being autistic. We love delving into things as deep as we can and refuse the status quo that leads us up the garden path which I have already explained to you in a previous post. did you read it?

The one it will take you what does that mean?

And I will say it once again, you are free to believe whatever you want to believe. It is no skin off my nose. You have the right to disagree with me and I have the right to disagree with you.

Attacking me personally which is what you have descended into won't advance your cause as it shows me you cannot exercise any grace to those that do not agree with you so you are now playing the man not the ball.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Attacking me personally which is what you have descended into won't advance your cause as it shows me you cannot exercise any grace to those that do not agree with you so you are now playing the man not the ball.
Attacking you? No. Not even close.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,402.00
Country
United States
Faith