Common Views of Judaism, Christianity & Islam

LightOfEyes

Jan 20, 2006
✟8,273.00
Faith
Muslim
1. Monotheism: Torah: “I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6);
Bible: “The Lord our God is one Lord” (Mark 12:29);
Quran: “He is God, The One and Only” (Quran 112:1).

2. Prophets: Muslims believe and accept all the Prophets mentioned in the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran.

3. Miraculous Birth of Jesus: Besides Christianity, Islam is the only religion on earth that accepts the miraculous birth of Jesus. Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran.

4. The Highest Honor of Women is Given to Mary, the Mother of Jesus, in the Quran (chapter #19).

5. Greetings: All prophets had customs to greet believers with the words: “Peace be with you”.
(‘Assalamualaikum’ for Muslims).

6. Taking Off Shoes: God ordered Moses to take off shoes (Exodus 3:5); “Put off shoes from your feet…”(Joshua 5:15). Muslims take off shoes when they enter Mosque.

7. Purification Before Prayers: “Moses…washed his feet…” (Exodus 40:31-32). “St. Paul…purified himself…went into the temple” (Acts 21:26). Muslim purify themselves before each prayer, 5 times a day.

8. Fasting: Jesus fasted 40 days. (Matthew 4:2).
Muslims fast one month each year during Ramadan.

9. Humbling while Praying by Bowing Heads to the Ground: “Abraham fell his face…”(Genesis 17:3). “Moses…bowed his head…”(Exodus 34:8). “Jesus…fell on his face and prayed…” (Matthew 26:39).
Muslims bow their heads to the ground while praying.

10. Not Bowing to Statues / Images: “ Thou shall not..any graven image…(Exodus). Muslims do not bow to statues, images or anything except God.

11. Decoration of Trees: It is forbidden in Bible (Jeremiah 10:2-5). Muslim do not decorate trees.

12. Everlasting Covenant: God made everlasting covenants with Abraham and his descendents. Muslim still keep this covenant; they circumcise their sons at birth.
13. Abraham ’s Son Ishmael : The name Ishmael was chosen by God Himself (Genesis 16:11).
Muslims respect Ishmael like Isaac as a son of Abraham.

14. Wine Drinking Prohibited: “…drink neither wine nor strong drink…”(Luke 1:15). Muslims do not drink wine or alcohol ever.

15. Pork Forbidden:God ordered Moses: “And the swine is unclean to you…”(Leviticus 11:7). Jesus never ate pork in his life. Muslims never eat pork.

16. Usury / Interest Forbidden: “Take thou no usury…” (Leviticus). “He has put not out his money to usury.” (Psalms 15:5). Interest is forbidden in Islam.

17. Disapprove Homosexuality: “…the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah… He overthrew those cities…” (Genesis). Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam.

18. No Original Sin: “The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…”(Ezekiel 18:20). Muslims believe that sin can not be transferred or inherited from person to person.

19. Accountability: “…every man shall receive his own reward…to his own labor” (1 Corinthians 3:8). Muslims believe that every person is accountable for his/her deeds and will be rewarded accordingly.

Peace be upon you all.

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"Besides Christianity, Islam is the only religion on earth that accepts the miraculous birth of Jesus."

Comment:

Actually Baha'is also accept the "miraculous birth of Jesus..." I've seen this statement before on a another thread not so long ago so you may have copied from somewhere...

- Art

Upvote 0

LightOfEyes

Jan 20, 2006
✟8,273.00
Faith
Muslim
Hey LightofEyes (BTW I do like your screen name). What do you see as the differences then?

Peace be upon you sister, thank you nice to see you again.

Here are some difference:

Did God declare/make your religion (Christianity/Judaism) perfect. Does the names of "Christianity" and "Judaism" have divine inspiration. Can you show me a single verse to that effect? NO

BUT GOD DECLARED ISLAAM THE PERFECT RELIGION:

Noble Qur’aan 5:3! … This day, I have perfectedyour religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâamas your religion…
Did God promise to guard your bible from corruption, can you show me a single verse to this effect?NO

BUT GOD PROMISED AND HAS BEEN PROTECTING NOBLE QURAN:

Noble Quran 15:9! Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'ân) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)[].

Did God say the religion of God is Christianity/Judaism, can you show me a single verse to this effect? NO

BUT GOD DECLARED THE RELIGION OF GOD (ALLAH) IS ISLAAM:

Noble Quran 3:19! Truly, the religion with Allâh is Islâam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, then surely, Allâh is Swift in calling to account.

Noble Quran 5:3! … This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâam as your religion…

Does the name(s) "Christian/Jew" have divine inspiration? NO

BUT NAME "MUSLIM" HAS DIVINE INSPIRATION:

Noble Quran 3:64! Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh[]. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are "Muslims."

That is why Islaam is a perfect religion and Christianity/Judaism NOT.

That is why Noble Quraan is a perfect book guarded and protected by God Almighty Himself since its revelation. Contrary to that bible (OT&NT) are corrupted and adulterated.

Islaam has abrogated all religions:

Noble Quran 3:85! "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Al-Qur'an 3:85]

There is no disagreement among the Islamic scholars concerning the abrogation of previous religions like Judaism and Christian and that believing in their validity is a form of kufr.

Muhammad Ibn al-Alâ' told us that Ibn Numayr reported from Mujâlid from Ibn Aamir from Jâbir that Umar Ibn al-Khattâb brought a copy of the Torah to the Prophet (P) and said: "O Apostle of God, this is a copy of the Torah." But [the Prophet] kept silent. Then Umar started reading and the face of the Prophet kept changing. So, Abu Bakr interrupted him violently: "Don't you see the face of the Prophet (P)?" Umar looked at the Prophet's face and said "May God preserve me from His anger and from the anger of his Apostle (P), we accepted God as Lord and Islâm as religion and Muhammad as prophet." Then the Prophet (Pbuh) said: "By the One Who owns Mohammed’s soul, if Moses (Pbuh) appeared to you and you followed him and left me, you would go astray from the right path and if he were alive and reached [the time of] my Prophethood he would have followed me. ""

Peace.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
so just because the qu'ran claims it's perfect, it is? i don't think so! and also, if you look up definitions, christianity does have meaning to it, and so does the word christ, and christianity, and so forth.

i personally think that islam is false.. muslims claim the first muslim was Ishamal.. well let's see what the Bible has to say about this man!!

Genesis 16:11-12 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Upvote 0

Exegete12

Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
✟2,108.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why did Mohammed have a private interpretation? Which the New Testament explicitly stated was not to be believed, yeah ... even if it was from an ANGEL, to not trust that source.

Now the New Testament was written before the Quran, so Islam comes unstuck right there. The whole idea was to prevent men making their own private interpretations which is what Mohammed did, and Joseph Smith, and all the other cults do. Which is why we don't believe, apart from being revealed the real truth via the Holy Spirit about the Lord Jesus Christ (Yahweh).

Upvote 0

Adeeb

Feb 16, 2006
✟1,114.00
Faith
Muslim
so just because the qu'ran claims it's perfect, it is? i don't think so! and also, if you look up definitions, christianity does have meaning to it, and so does the word christ, and christianity, and so forth.

i personally think that islam is false.. muslims claim the first muslim was Ishamal.. well let's see what the Bible has to say about this man!!

Genesis 16:11-12 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

yes christianity does have a meaning, but bear in mind that the names "christianity and "judaism" were influenced by historical contexts of their time. Christianity comes from the word christ, a historical figure. Judaism comes from the the word Judah, a historical tribe. The word "Islam" has no association with anything of this world. It means submission to God. If we were to follow the example of Christians or Jews, then Islam should be called Muhammadanism.

Upvote 0

Adeeb

Feb 16, 2006
✟1,114.00
Faith
Muslim
Why did Mohammed have a private interpretation? Which the New Testament explicitly stated was not to be believed, yeah ... even if it was from an ANGEL, to not trust that source.

Now the New Testament was written before the Quran, so Islam comes unstuck right there. The whole idea was to prevent men making their own private interpretations which is what Mohammed did, and Joseph Smith, and all the other cults do. Which is why we don't believe, apart from being revealed the real truth via the Holy Spirit about the Lord Jesus Christ (Yahweh).

with that said, why do you trust Paul? Look deeply at the Bible. 20% of the Bible is what Jesus actually said. the rest are from other people whose identities are really unknown.

Look at the track record between Muhammad and Paul.
Paul before becoming an apostle was an anti-christian who killed and persecuted christians. Muhammad on the other hand was nicknamed "al amin", the trustworthy by the very people who would later become his enemies.

Who would you trust more for information? A person with a reputation of truthfullness or a person was famous for killing your people and then decides to be your leader? If Adolf Hitler, after torturing the Jews were to come to the Jewish people and tell them that he saw a vision of God on a road which made him an apostle do you think Jews would believe him?

Upvote 0

Gardenia

Of the Hearth and Hedge
May 1, 2005
New Hampshire
✟18,792.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
muslims claim the first muslim was Ishamal..

Muslims, is this true? I have not heard this before. I thought Muslims thought Adam or even beings existing before man (angels and such) were thought of as first Muslims? Or have I just been reading from poor sources in regard to this?
:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yes christianity does have a meaning, but bear in mind that the names "christianity and "judaism" were influenced by historical contexts of their time. Christianity comes from the word christ, a historical figure. Judaism comes from the the word Judah, a historical tribe. The word "Islam" has no association with anything of this world. It means submission to God. If we were to follow the example of Christians or Jews, then Islam should be called Muhammadanism.

There were different names that the early Christians used to refer to themselves:

Brethren, saints, believers.

Christian was used in 1 Peter 4:16
Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

The word transliterated from the Koine Greek is Christianos.

There's this too, from Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

So, from the record of Acts, we know that the term was being used in the 1st Century A.D.

Upvote 0

seed757

fanatically balanced/radically compassionate
Feb 20, 2006
✟9,176.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Muslims, is this true? I have not heard this before. I thought Muslims thought Adam or even beings existing before man (angels and such) were thought of as first Muslims? Or have I just been reading from poor sources in regard to this?
:scratch:

No you are correct. As Muslims we believe that Adam(pbuh) was the first human to submit to the Will of Allah.

I'm quite sure kjf512 won't ever provide any evidence contrary to this. Sadly, it seems he only has an agenda to try to uphold.

Upvote 0

Exegete12

Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
✟2,108.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
with that said, why do you trust Paul? Look deeply at the Bible. 20% of the Bible is what Jesus actually said. the rest are from other people whose identities are really unknown.

Look at the track record between Muhammad and Paul.
Paul before becoming an apostle was an anti-christian who killed and persecuted christians. Muhammad on the other hand was nicknamed "al amin", the trustworthy by the very people who would later become his enemies.

Who would you trust more for information? A person with a reputation of truthfullness or a person was famous for killing your people and then decides to be your leader? If Adolf Hitler, after torturing the Jews were to come to the Jewish people and tell them that he saw a vision of God on a road which made him an apostle do you think Jews would believe him?

Well I follow the Gospel of Paul that is Christ Jesus our redeemer and atonement, the Christ that Paul preached, not an earthly Jesus who had gone to the Jews, but a RISEN Christ who predominantly came to the Gentiles (that's everyone except the Jews). They had their chance and they blew up.

But it's not all over for them just yet. God will restore His first chosen people.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Peace be upon you sister, thank you nice to see you again.

Here are some difference:

Did God declare/make your religion (Christianity/Judaism) perfect. Does the names of "Christianity" and "Judaism" have divine inspiration. Can you show me a single verse to that effect? NO

BUT GOD DECLARED ISLAAM THE PERFECT RELIGION:

Noble Qur’aan 5:3! … This day, I have perfectedyour religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâamas your religion…
Did God promise to guard your bible from corruption, can you show me a single verse to this effect?NO

BUT GOD PROMISED AND HAS BEEN PROTECTING NOBLE QURAN:

Noble Quran 15:9! Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'ân) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)[].

Did God say the religion of God is Christianity/Judaism, can you show me a single verse to this effect? NO

BUT GOD DECLARED THE RELIGION OF GOD (ALLAH) IS ISLAAM:

Noble Quran 3:19! Truly, the religion with Allâh is Islâam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, then surely, Allâh is Swift in calling to account.

Noble Quran 5:3! … This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâam as your religion…

Does the name(s) "Christian/Jew" have divine inspiration? NO

BUT NAME "MUSLIM" HAS DIVINE INSPIRATION:

Noble Quran 3:64! Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh[]. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are "Muslims."

That is why Islaam is a perfect religion and Christianity/Judaism NOT.

That is why Noble Quraan is a perfect book guarded and protected by God Almighty Himself since its revelation. Contrary to that bible (OT&NT) are corrupted and adulterated.

Islaam has abrogated all religions:

Noble Quran 3:85! "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Al-Qur'an 3:85]

There is no disagreement among the Islamic scholars concerning the abrogation of previous religions like Judaism and Christian and that believing in their validity is a form of kufr.

Muhammad Ibn al-Alâ' told us that Ibn Numayr reported from Mujâlid from Ibn Aamir from Jâbir that Umar Ibn al-Khattâb brought a copy of the Torah to the Prophet (P) and said: "O Apostle of God, this is a copy of the Torah." But [the Prophet] kept silent. Then Umar started reading and the face of the Prophet kept changing. So, Abu Bakr interrupted him violently: "Don't you see the face of the Prophet (P)?" Umar looked at the Prophet's face and said "May God preserve me from His anger and from the anger of his Apostle (P), we accepted God as Lord and Islâm as religion and Muhammad as prophet." Then the Prophet (Pbuh) said: "By the One Who owns Mohammed’s soul, if Moses (Pbuh) appeared to you and you followed him and left me, you would go astray from the right path and if he were alive and reached [the time of] my Prophethood he would have followed me. ""

Peace.
The Prophet did not know the true name of God, The Koran was not written by the prophet, as was NOT officially agreed upon until 1924!
Jesus is Yahweh in human flesh!

Upvote 0