Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've gotten into making my own beef jerky, which could be considered a comfort food of choice. You can tell I'm a foodie.
My step dad used to make this all the time growing up. It was a nice treat in the evening. It never compared to what you found in the stores.

It's sausages mixed with a Yorkshire pudding batter (eggs, flour, water) and cooked in the oven
Yum, sounds delicious. I wonder how well that would go with mashed potatoes? Would that be bangers and mash?

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yum, sounds delicious. I wonder how well that would go with mashed potatoes? Would that be bangers and mash?
That's it! :) And it's best served with onion gravy!

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's it! :) And it's best served with onion gravy!
I love bangers and mash! That I think I would consider a comfort food also. If it was served with a side of eggs, I think it could be a good breakfast :) Maybe some jam and toast also? I've never had milk and tea though. I think that would be an interesting experience.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oooooo, that looks delicious! Is the marinade spicy?
It's very good! ^-^

Not really, although it does require a lot of ground black pepper. I've thought about modifying the recipe slightly by adding fresh jalapeno seeds, tabasco, or chili powder, but I love it just as it is. :eheh:

I made some the last time my family and I went on vacation a few months ago; I was munching on homemade jerky at the beach.

My step dad used to make this all the time growing up. It was a nice treat in the evening. It never compared to what you found in the stores.
It wasn't as good as store-bought brands?

I like this recipe because it rivals any common store brands I've hard thus far. Jack Links jerky for instance is too chewy and has a slimey texture to it, and is loaded with MSG. You can also control how dry you want the jerky to be when using your own dehydrator, and the marinade ingredients are very basic: soy sauce, Worcestershire and spices.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Some of the best comfort foods are stews that have been cooked in the slow cooker. The meat melts in your mouth and the ingredients (sauce etc) have had time to infuse, maximising their flavour.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can also control how dry you want the jerky to be when using your own dehydrator, and the marinade ingredients are very basic: soy sauce, Worcestershire and spices.
The marinade is the best part.

Some of the best comfort foods are stews that have been cooked in the slow cooker.
Yes! Especially winter. I need to learn how to do this. My mom is good at it.

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a comfort food for when you are down, bored, sick, quarantined, and such.

Mine is breakfast food. I know a lot of people it's usually pasta or pizza. Whenever there is a storm coming I've noticed bread is one of the first things to go and the produce is plentiful.

Yes the pizza. But in winter time I love to make hot chickensoup or hot squash soup. Lots of chili and ginger.. honey. I always add same spices in those both soup because it just taste so nice to me. And it will warm up my toes!

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes the pizza. But in winter time I love to make hot chickensoup or hot squash soup. Lots of chili and ginger.. honey. I always add same spices in those both soup because it just taste so nice to me. And it will warm up my toes!
Sounds yummy for winter. Nothing like warm foods in winter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big fan of Mexican food. Can be considered a comfort food as well I presume.

I love shrimp fajitas something fierce. :fire::friedshrimp:

0C4A0021.jpg

Upvote 0