LDS Come Unto Christ

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If plural marriage can be an off and on thing, could blacks be banned from the priesthood again under a new prophet?
If the Lord says the X nation are unworthy of the priesthood and no more men of X blood will have the priesthood, then we do what the Lord tells us to do.

If the Lord says to practice plural marriage, we practice plural marriage. If the Lord says we do not practice plural marriage will do not.

I hope you see a pattern here. If the Lord says......., we do what the Lord says.

Don't you always do what the Lord says?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You said "follow" the prophets, not listen. Are you changing your tune now that you've been proven incorrect?

And why should we listen to the prophets? Because they point us to follow God!
You said "follow" the prophets, not listen. Are you changing your tune now that you've been proven incorrect?

And why should we listen to the prophets? Because they point us to follow God!
Do you not agree that we need to follow the council of God's prophets? We not only listen to God's prophets, we heed their advice. You do know that Jesus Christ was a prophet of God.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you not agree that we need to follow the council of God's prophets? We not only listen to God's prophets, we heed their advice. You do know that Jesus Christ was a prophet of God.
Again, changing your tune. Do you know that Jesus was more than just a prophet, that he always was, always is, and always will be God?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Again, changing your tune. Do you know that Jesus was more than just a prophet, that he always was, always is, and always will be God?
(New Testament | Mark 6:3 - 4)
We know that He was a prophet because He said so:

3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

We also know that He found favor with God:

(New Testament | Luke 2:52)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

(New Testament | Matthew 3:17)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

We also know this:

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | Luke 13:32)

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Upvote 0