• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Colt Delta Elite 10mm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by MWood, Jun 30, 2018.

1. MWood

MWood Newbie

+7,965
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Has anyone shot one of these? Pros and cons. TIA.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Bass4Jesus

Bass4Jesus -

+152
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yep, I owned one for a couple of years, but I auctioned it off a long time ago. It was built well, parts all fit snugly, and it shot well.

What didn't I like about it?

First, I prefer a curved backstrap rather than a flat one. A curved backstrap lets me shoot a 1911 to "blind point of aim." I know I could've swapped one in, but it would've cut the gun's resale value.

Second, lots of sharp edges made it tear up holsters -- and fingers if I wasn't careful. The hammer and its serrations were especially sharp.

Third, something over and above those details just wouldn't allow me to bond with the thing. I was never able to identify it. And my first choice for pistol work has always been the 1911 platform, so it wasn't the fact that the D.E. was part of that extended family.

I much preferred my S&W 10 mm pistol. It fit my hand better, was lots more comfortable to shoot, had a hammer-drop safety, and it had no unreasonably-sharp edges. The (first) double-action shot was never a problem; it was nice and smooth, with no stacking to my recollection.

I got rid of that pistol, too, simply because I lost interest in the caliber. Probably just too much energy and torque for my wrist to handle. I'm really skinny.

Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,337
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Some older models had issues with a unsupported feed ramp, leaving part of the round exposed.
    I don't know if they corrected it on the newer models.

4. FLA865

FLA865 New Member

+7
    Switzerland
    Baptist
    Private
    Delete

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  5. The Gryphon

The Gryphon Well-Known Member

+220
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I can see owning a full power 10MM but since I already have a 7 1/2" barreled Ruger Super Redhawk loaded with Randy Garrett 330 gr. Hammer Heads and my .45ACP I will stick to what I already have. But if you are starting from scratch and you can shoot the full power loads acutely; then go for it.