Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then let us have a healthcare system where anyone who shows up for treatment is “covered”.
They (usually) must treat you now that does not mean a whole lot more than keeping you from dying on the spot and getting you stable.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They (usually) must treat you now that does not mean a whole lot more than keeping you from dying on the spot and getting you stable.
We're not talking about emergency care at the ER (which is something that's guaranteed by international treaties, not just federal law).

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We're not talking about emergency care at the ER (which is something that's guaranteed by international treaties, not just federal law).
My point was that is the only care I feel you are entitled to if you come here illegally.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My point was that is the only care I feel you are entitled to if you come here illegally.
The main issue with anyone here illegally getting healthcare coverage seems to mostly be that those who are citizens and legal immigrants are not entitled to any coverage unless retired, disabled, or below the poverty line. If everyone had coverage, then this would hardly stand out as a problem in the same way. So instead of naysayers whining that “someone got something I don’t have”, let’s just change the way we approach healthcare and make sure everyone is entitled to have coverage. Medicare for all is a good starting point for discussion.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The main issue with anyone here illegally getting healthcare coverage seems to mostly be that those who are citizens and legal immigrants are not entitled to any coverage unless retired, disabled, or below the poverty line. If everyone had coverage, then this would hardly stand out as a problem in the same way. So instead of naysayers whining that “someone got something I don’t have”, let’s just change the way we approach healthcare and make sure everyone is entitled to have coverage. Medicare for all is a good starting point for discussion.
You are not entitled to other people's labor. People will work with you if you need help paying medical bills, but you are not entitled to anyone's labor just because you need it.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are not entitled to other people's labor. People will work with you if you need help paying medical bills, but you are not entitled to anyone's labor just because you need it.
I’m not suggesting that at all.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’m not suggesting that at all.
There is no such thing as free somewhere along the line it is being paid for. Again, let me asks you do you think people should be able to buy better medical care. Even with Medicare for example, you can buy other plans to cover the remaining cost. Medicare usually covers 80% of most bills but if a person chooses to they may buy a secondary plan to cover the remaining amount.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no such thing as free somewhere along the line it is being paid for. Again, let me asks you do you think people should be able to buy better medical care. Even with Medicare for example, you can buy other plans to cover the remaining cost. Medicare usually covers 80% of most bills but if a person chooses to they may buy a secondary plan to cover the remaining amount.
No one is suggesting that a concept of Medicare for all would be free. It is a better option than current commercial insurance. I think we would have much better medical coverage if we removed the for profit insurance companies and also removed the tie in to employer benefits. At this point I don’t think most who are struggling with the overpriced commercial coverage available want to pay more for better, they just want something that is actually worth what is paid.

Upvote 0