Colors and the BIble.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do... my personal view is that Adam and Chavah (Eve) existed as human but encased in light (like Moses' face but brighter and covering their whole body) and when Adam sinned, the light went out and they were confined to seeing on the realm they now existed, hence realizing only then that they had been naked all along. They either didn't care or couldn't tell before the sin. So I imagine they saw into the heavenlies and could see things we cannot today. Interestingly, some insects see at wavelengths we do not.... not sure that has anything to do with anything though. :)

Didn't sex and reproduction exist before the fall though?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Didn't sex and reproduction exist before the fall though?
The command to fill the earth comes before, but the action seems to come after if Genesis is in chronological order at that point. But the command coming before is something God does... He will give a command before there is a need to fulfill it. For example, the Torah includes who can be a king in Israel, how he will govern (etc.) and yet, when given, God's desire was for Israel to want HIM as king. So God giving the command to fill the earth before it was even possible doesn't cause me concern... Revelation 13:8 shows He knew there would be a sinner (at least in His mind) before He even made a man.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The command to fill the earth comes before, but the action seems to come after if Genesis is in chronological order at that point. But the command coming before is something God does... He will give a command before there is a need to fulfill it. For example, the Torah includes who can be a king in Israel, how he will govern (etc.) and yet, when given, God's desire was for Israel to want HIM as king. So God giving the command to fill the earth before it was even possible doesn't cause me concern... Revelation 13:8 shows He knew there would be a sinner (at least in His mind) before He even made a man.

What do you mean?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Implying?
I don't know... this thread was about colors and you started asking questions about sex and reproduction. I can't read your mind, I don't know where you are going with your questions. I would suggest going back and reading through for continuity. :) Blessings.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know... this thread was about colors and you started asking questions about sex and reproduction. I can't read your mind, I don't know where you are going with your questions. I would suggest going back and reading through for continuity. :) Blessings.

I'm sorry I go off topic. In real life I do that often.

• Haha
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Biblical Meaning Of Colors

Do you think colors have spiritual meaning or significance? Colors are amoral, but do you think it is mystical or superstition to say that?

Colors have meaning - physical and spiritual.

From physics, colors tell a certain story based on the radiation emitted, absorbed, refracted, reflected, etc. You can even tell composition based on color.

I would assume this is likewise spiritually, although I would be careful to apply human chromology to spiritual things.

As an example, humans have hangups on their own human skin colors - we can't begin to appreciate the objective beauty of colors when we have built such a philosophy and psychology on constructs dependent on colors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but that doesn't place that color in the bible in the negative. Just because those who stand against God corrupt something for their evil purpose doesn't mean it really had that purpose. Look at the rainbow... a sign that God will never flood the earth again or a symbol of homosexuality? The constellations once told the story from Creation to redemption and now they are used for fortune telling. Birthstone taken from the breast plate of the high priest.... man corrupts many things Sam. Not sure if anything in Scripture paints "black" in a negative light. Blessings.

Color Symbolism in The Bible and Color Meanings

Black is primarily associated with the negative aspects of human experience - including death, disease, famine, and sorrow - all of which are the results of sin. The exception is the implication of health when describing hair.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Colors have meaning - physical and spiritual.

From physics, colors tell a certain story based on the radiation emitted, absorbed, refracted, reflected, etc. You can even tell composition based on color.

I would assume this is likewise spiritually, although I would be careful to apply human chromology to spiritual things.

As an example, humans have hangups on their own human skin colors - we can't begin to appreciate the objective beauty of colors when we have built such a philosophy and psychology on constructs dependent on colors.

What do you mean by human chromology?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do believe so, yes. If God is using a color, or, a number, or, a specific word: then He's doing it for a significant reason. When scripture says John 21:11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken: there's a significant reason to specifically state "153"

Isnt numerology the occult and not godly?

Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really, because certain numbers already had certain meanings in Jewish culture. For example, every time the number 7 is used, it symbolizes completion, going back to the 7 days of creation. And Jesus choosing exactly 12 apostles was also symbolic, as 12 was the number of the Israeli tribes.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really, because certain numbers already had certain meanings in Jewish culture. For example, every time the number 7 is used, it symbolizes completion, going back to the 7 days of creation. And Jesus choosing exactly 12 apostles was also symbolic, as 12 was the number of the Israeli tribes.

What about colors? Do you think black is a negative color?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many things that God used for good, that others altered for pagan purposes. The Urim and Thummim (seen first in Exodus 28:30) on the High Priests breastplate, lit up in response to questions asked of God. Jewish tradition says that words would even appear on the wall in response to a question. The ouija board is likely a copy of the Urim and Thummim and used for pagan purposes. The 12 gems on the same High Priests breastplate were there as a symbol of the 12 tribes. Today our "birthstone" is derived from that very same breastplate. The stars once told the story of restoration, they are now used as an instrument of fortune telling. My point is... there are many things that God designed for good that have been misused and profaned for evil and pagan purposes.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are many things that God used for good, that others altered for pagan purposes. The Urim and Thummim (seen first in Exodus 28:30) on the High Priests breastplate, lit up in response to questions asked of God. Jewish tradition says that words would even appear on the wall in response to a question. The ouija board is likely a copy of the Urim and Thummim and used for pagan purposes. The 12 gems on the same High Priests breastplate were there as a symbol of the 12 tribes. Today our "birthstone" is derived from that very same breastplate. The stars once told the story of restoration, they are now used as an instrument of fortune telling. My point is... there are many things that God designed for good that have been misused and profaned for evil and pagan purposes.

Is it incorrect to say the color black is portrayed negatively in the Bible?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it incorrect to say the color black is portrayed negatively in the Bible?
You asked me this already, and I answered, maybe twice. :) I doubt it... I told you that Moses' wife was likely darker skinned and Aaron and Miriam had an issue with his choice in women. God was not please with THEM, but had no issue with Moses. Colors are simply symbols anyway... they are neither good nor bad... it is how they are used that determines that.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You asked me this already, and I answered, maybe twice. :) I doubt it... I told you that Moses' wife was likely darker skinned and Aaron and Miriam had an issue with his choice in women. God was not please with THEM, but had no issue with Moses. Colors are simply symbols anyway... they are neither good nor bad... it is how they are used that determines that.

Is that arbitrary?

What about stories where people say a goat mask invites spirits into the house.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that arbit
Unless that is slang for arbitrary, I don't know what arbit means. You made bold my comment on symbols... colors, characters in a language... these are simply symbols meant to convey a concept. They are neither good nor bad... the person using them makes that determination based on the context as related to how they are being used.

Upvote 0