Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Even to the death, fight for what is right, and the Lord will do battle for you.". --Sirach 4:28
Thank you, God, and blessed be Your name & righteousness forever! (I'm trying to model my prayers more after those in the Bible, so I'm starting with gratitude & blessing). You always fight with the just & put down the oppressors, and I know You'll do the same here, just let me and everyone here have the honor of joining this noble fight with You at the command!

I will soon be part of my university Social Work Club, filled with people who are dedicating their lives to improve the world. While they don't do anything specifically about human trafficking, they're always open to new ideas, and I expressed my passion about human trafficking when I briefly talked to them a few times.

I bring all this up for prayers, inspiration to those who may need it, and also for advice from anyone who has done something similar, or knows of programs & the like that could go along with it. (My college is in the Chicago area; if you know of any around here, please let me know, and you can private message me for more specific information about my college if that would help!).

Thank you all & may God show us all where He needs us to be!

"Deliver the oppressed from their oppressors;
right judgment should not be repugnant to you." --Sirach 4

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps a good place to start would be investigating how safe the campus and the surrounding area are. If any students or kids in the neighborhoods around the area have gone missing. And seeing what lapses in security caused those disappearances, and working to correct those. This also includes disseminating material that educates people on how to stay safe. Also, looking into how to recognize human trafficking - really recognize it, rather than cry wolf - and educating people on how to do so.

Upvote 0

Mattin91

Nov 19, 2019
Midwest
✟1,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Educate people about what? Slavery should be called slavery, and not human trafficking. Those people who will kidnap and enslave today work just as slave sellers of the past did. They will snatch people off the street. And if I see a slave who is well dressed. Who is held captive by someone. Who is terrified. Who do I contact?

The wolves travel where they please and make their money.

What Is Human Trafficking?

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private