Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Today I start an internship to get my Master's degree in social work. It's with a local Christian-based organization that helps to fight against the horrors of human trafficking. I'm going to be doing casework with survivors and connecting them to different resources throughout the community that might be able to help them.

I feel really blessed that I get to partake in this ministry and I'd like to ask for some prayers if possible. I pray that I'll do a good job and learn a lot during my time in the internship. If all goes according to plan, I should be done with my internship and degree by the end of Summer. From there, I hope that the place I am interning at will consider hiring me on permanently, or that I can spread my wings and go onto another ministry that also partakes in social justice affairs.

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Update: My first day at my internship was awesome! The work is relatively easy, all things considered, and I got to meet some of the clients I'll be working with. They're really nice people and I look forward to going back again tomorrow. It was only my first day, so I was mostly just shadowing, but I seemed to catch on pretty quick with how to do some paperwork. Not bad at all.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: My first day at my internship was awesome! The work is relatively easy, all things considered, and I got to meet some of the clients I'll be working with. They're really nice people and I look forward to going back again tomorrow. It was only my first day, so I was mostly just shadowing, but I seemed to catch on pretty quick with how to do some paperwork. Not bad at all.
Let me tell you a true story, and I have always done all my jobs this way.

I was traveling the country and needed some money so I signed up for a tempt job. When I showed up for the tempt job the very first thing they wanted me to do was to clean a ditch. So I grabbed the tools and jumped right in cleaning the ditch that was in a fairly sloped ravine. It was pretty bad full of garbage the whole ditch and hill was just cluttered. I cleaned the ditch from all the garbage, took huge bags of them then I noticed that there was a pretty good stream running. So I dug some and raked and before long there was a full running stream of water. I said hey this is not a bad stream so I started cleaning the hills around it; got it looking very nice I mean the whole hill side and now a stream was a very nice place. After half the day not paying attention to nothing around me but the task at hand. I finally looked around then I noticed 4 white hats and suits standing at the top of the hill looking down at my work, before I knew there were 4 other workers helping me to clean, wake and prep the hill for grass.

Later I learned they had never intended to do much with this area but clean, but when the suits saw how nice it became they decided to set up lunch tables and area of relaxation for the new workers. They saw how hard I worked and offered me a full time job, as I was just passing through I had to turn it down but worked a couple more days with them.
That is how I have always done, do the very best job no matter what it was, with the knowledge that GOD is watching, so do the best.

Moral of the story do everything you do the best you can do it. No matter how crappy a job it might be just like cleaning a ditch, be the very best ditch cleaner ever, don't complain, murmur just be the best. at very least for GOD, you never know who pays attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0