WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's Sheep hear His Voice. Those that know not do not know the way and if the blind shall lead the blind both shall fall into a ditch.

ditch...pit

PSALM 94 [11] The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;[13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Teach man out of thy law, until pit digged for the wicked. The bottomless pit?

PSALM 119 [84] How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me? [85] THE PROUD HAVE DIGGED PITS FOR ME, which are not after thy law.[86] All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

They who are not after the law have dug pits and ALL thy commandments are faithful...the 4th?

PROVERBS 28 [9] HE THAT TURNETH AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE LAW, even his prayer shall be abomination.[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, HE SHALL FALL HIMSELF INTO HIS OWN PIT: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

Those who turn from hearing the law will fall into pit they themselves dug for me

PSALM 7 [15] He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

ISAIAH 24 [3] The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.[5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRANSGRESSED THE LAWS, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.......[17] Fear, and THE PIT, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.[18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall FALL INTO THE PIT; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.[22] And they shall be gathered together, AS PRISONERS ARE GATHERED IN THE PIT, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Well, heres the end of the story. The DAY OF THE LORD. Those that practice transgressing the law of God will end up in the pit and scripture says in Revelation that those that keep the commandments of God (Exodus 20) and have the testimony of Jesus will end up in the Kingdom. Those in the pit will be visited after many days. A thousand years maybe?

REV.20 [1] And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of THE BOTTOMLESS PIT and a great chain in his hand.[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

YUP. A thousand years. Looks like those that do not observe to keep Gods 10 commandments will be having some company in the pit.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
ditch...pit

PSALM 94 [11] The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;[13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Teach man out of thy law, until pit digged for the wicked. The bottomless pit?

PSALM 119 [84] How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me? [85] THE PROUD HAVE DIGGED PITS FOR ME, which are not after thy law.[86] All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

They who are not after the law have dug pits and ALL thy commandments are faithful...the 4th?

PROVERBS 28 [9] HE THAT TURNETH AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE LAW, even his prayer shall be abomination.[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, HE SHALL FALL HIMSELF INTO HIS OWN PIT: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

Those who turn from hearing the law will fall into pit they themselves dug for me

PSALM 7 [15] He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

ISAIAH 24 [3] The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.[5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRANSGRESSED THE LAWS, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.......[17] Fear, and THE PIT, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.[18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall FALL INTO THE PIT; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.[22] And they shall be gathered together, AS PRISONERS ARE GATHERED IN THE PIT, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Well, heres the end of the story. The DAY OF THE LORD. Those that practice transgressing the law of God will end up in the pit and scripture says in Revelation that those that keep the commandments of God (Exodus 20) and have the testimony of Jesus will end up in the Kingdom. Those in the pit will be visited after many days. A thousand years maybe?

REV.20 [1] And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of THE BOTTOMLESS PIT and a great chain in his hand.[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

YUP. A thousand years. Looks like those that do not observe to keep Gods 10 commandments will be having some company in the pit.
Hi WW,
Sorry for the slow reply. I have been away for a little. I like this version of pit as it is one I have never considered before and opens a new dimension to the blind leading the blind and the literal interpretation of them falling over because they cannot see. It seem there is a deeper meaning to the pit and both interpretations are relevant. Thank you very much for sharing these scriptures they were a blessing for me. I will grab some of those scriptures for my own study. Thanks so much for sharing God's Word. It's so wonderful and a blessing to me personally to see others who love God's Word

God's blessing always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
ditch...pit
Is it the same word used for ditch and pitch?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question. Only in Mat 12 is the word translated pit. In reference to eternity or humans there is no such translation of the word.bugkiller

Here is the Greek translation. Pit and Ditch are indeed the same meaning....

STRONG'S
Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM,
Strong - G999 pitch or ditch
βόθυνος; bothunos; both'-oo-nos; Akin to G900; a hole (in the ground); specifically a cistern: - ditch, pit.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here is the Greek translation. Pit and Ditch are indeed the same meaning....

STRONG'S
Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM,
Strong - G999 pitch or ditch
βόθυνος; bothunos; both'-oo-nos; Akin to G900; a hole (in the ground); specifically a cistern: - ditch, pit.
I use Strong's quote a bit and love it. The KJV does as I said.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I use Strong's quote a bit and love it. The KJV does as I said. bugkiller

Strong's is very useful I just received a Lexicon and also a new bible from local Church. I can't believe the quality of this bible and the price. I had to import it here to Australia though. Best bible I have ever had period beautiful...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your tassels ever get in your way? How does your wife feel when you send her out once a month? The real fact is that all of those laws, Torah, were not for their salvation. Another fact is that you are making a great mistake in trying to make any of them except the ones dealing with morality salvational.

Hi Bob, all of God's Law (10 commandments) are moral laws. The fist 4 are our duty of Love to God and the second 6 are our duty of Love to our fellow man. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in those who through faith walk in God's Spirit and is the New Covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of God's laws are moral verses being immoral. God gave Israel many laws that do not deal with our relationship with God, ourselves and our fellow man. These laws are ritual or ceremonial in nature. The Sabbath is a great example of a ritual law. There is nothing in the 10 commandments about love.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus say in Matt5 about the whole Torah? Not one jot nor one tittle will pass from the law till all is fulfilled. If Jesus has not fulfilled the law (bring it to an end ) the nothing has passed from Torah and Jews are still under Torah, all of it. If all has not taken place the the tearing of the Vail didn't mean that the sacrificial system has been done away with. If you believe Jesus sacrifice on the Cross didn't fulfill (bring to an end) all of the Torah then Jews, SDAs and Messianics better be laying bricks.

Gentile Christians were and are not under Torah nor have we ever been. I, for one, will stick with God' Word in place of men's theories and of course the false prophet.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in the 10 commandments about love.

Actually God's Word shows us that LOVE and God's 10 commandments are one and the same and cannot be separated;

What does God's Word say..................................................

What does Jesus say when he spoke about the commandments and love? Jesus is quoting from Old testament scriptures of Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18.................

Matthew 22
36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38, This is the first and great commandment.
39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40, ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. < Which ones? On the two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to MAN; hang all the law and the prophets>

Can't get clearer then that can we? Let's get clearer.................

Matthew 19
16, And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17, And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: BUT IF YOU WILL ENTER INTO LIFE KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
18, He saith unto him, WHICH? JESUS SAID, THOU SHALT NOT MURDER, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, HONOR YOU MOTHER AND FATHER AND THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF
20, The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21, Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. <Jesus showed him that he may have fulfilled His duty of love to his neighbor but not to God breaking commandment 1 and 2 loving riches more than God>

Well Jesus makes it very clear that what he is talking about when he is talking about LOVE. That is LOVE is connected to the 10 commandments of God's Law and obedience through LOVE.

What about James................................................................

James 2
8, If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE SHALL BE GUILTY OF ALL.
11, FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY SAID ALSO DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY AND YOU KILL, YOU HAVE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW.
12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Well James makes it very clear what he is talking about when he talks about the Royal Law of love. He is talking about the 10 commandments. So Jesus and James both agree that they are talking about God's 10 commandments which also include the 4th commandment which is one of the ten.

What about Paul he wrote a lot of books in God's Word...........................

Romans 13
8, Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.
9, For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.
10, Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

Paul makes it very clear what he is talking about as well when he is talking about God's Law. It seems like Jesus, James and Paul all agree together what it is they are referring to. God's 10 commandments or which the 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:1-17)

So now that God's Word shows us what it is referring to. No need to guess, we are talking about God's Law (10 commandments). What does God's Word tell us about God's Law.........

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus say in Matt5 about the whole Torah? Not one jot nor one tittle will pass from the law till all is fulfilled. If Jesus has not fulfilled the law (bring it to an end ) the nothing has passed from Torah and Jews are still under Torah, all of it.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your message. Matthew 5 is not talking about doing away with God's Law (10 commandments) it is talking about Jesus fulfilling them and Jesus fulfilling them in US.

What does God's Word say..................................

LESSONS FROM MATT 5: AND THE NEW COVENANT

Let your light so shine before men, that they may SEE YOU GOOD WORKS, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17, THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY BUT TO FULFILL.
18, FOR TRULY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.

Jesus is not coming to ABOLISH (DESTROY) the LAW and the prophets he is coming to fulfill them (do them himself and in us) Compare this with..............

Matthew 22
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38, This is the first and great commandment.
39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40, ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS

Nope. God's Law is certainly not destroyed. Jesus says they are the is the foundation of the two great commandments of Matthew 22:36-40

Let's continue back in Matthew 5..................................

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21, You have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22, But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
27, Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28,But I say unto you, that whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Ex 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecc 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Ps 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants (Ex 20:1:17, Heb 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Ex 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matt 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Ps 111:7-8, Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1John 3:5-8, 1John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Rom 3:20; 1John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecc 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Gal 3:24; Rev 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Rom 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).

HEB 8: (new covenant)

10, For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11, And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12, for I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

God Fulfilling His Law (10 commandments) IN US through Faith.......................

The fulfilling of the God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal mind = sin) but after the Spirit (new mind with God's Law written on the heart) (Rom 8:1). That the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled IN US who walk not after the flesh (carnal mind = sin) but after the spirit (Rom 8:4; 6). Salvation is God fulfilling his Law in us saving us from sin. Finally the result of God's salvation can be seen as " Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus (Rev 14:12). God's people with the character of Jesus saved by faith through love. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (John 8:34-36)

If you are partaking of the New Covenant and you have been born again and are walking in the Spirit. You will not steal right and murder? These are part of God’s Law r(the 10 commandments). Let’s look at all of God’s Law applying the same thinking (Ex 20:1-17). This indeed is the new covenant experience spoken of in Jer 31:31-34; Eze 36:26-27; Heb 8:10-12; 10:16-17.

33I will put my law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. No more shall every man teach his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” This is the law of love to God and to our neighbour.

So now under the new covenant when God changes our heart; we will love God and our neighbour.

if we love God we will not steal
if we love God we will not murder
if we love God we will not commit adultery
if we love God we will not lie
if we love God we will honour our parents
if we love God we will not covet
if we love God we will have no other gods except our God who loves us
if we love God we will not make unto any idols
if we love God we will not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain
if we love God we will Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy as he asked us to!

God’s Law has always been central to both the Old and the New Covenant. It is only by the operation of God as we have Faith in His Word that God changes our hearts so that we can love him and love our neighbour that we can walk in his ways. This is why Jesus says its only if you love me we can keep hid commandments (John 14:15)

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Love is the fulfilling of the God’s Law.

This is why Jesus says; If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15); because love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who by faith walk in the Spirit (Romans 8:1-4)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely HARK! The greek Word used is Dogma referring to the ceremonial laws of Moses; pointing to Jesus our true sacrifice and great high priest. Also notice how at His death the temple curtain was rent in two signalling an end to the temple services of the laws of Moses (Mark 15:37-38)

Not so fast! I would urge you to read that thread more carefully.

The Greek word dogma is translated decrees.

DECREE - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

DECREE, n. L. To judge; to divide.
1. Judicial decision or determination of a litigated cause; as a decree of the court of
chancery. The decision of a court of equity is called a decree; that of a court of law, a
judgment.

This is the gift of grace. Put into context, Sha'ul is not contradicting Yahshua, who said that the LAW will not pass away before heaven or earth. He's not telling us that we can live like lawless Hellians under grace because the LAW has been demolished. He's telling us that the judgements (under penalty of death) of our past sins are covered, through Yahshua, by the grace of Yahweh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, I stress there is nothing in the 10 commandments about love. The commandments are all about duty. Certainly we should love our Creator and we should love to do all of God's will for us. All the scripture anyone comes up with does not tell us the 10 are about love.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not so fast! I would urge you to read that thread more carefully.

The Greek word dogma is translated decrees.

DECREE - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

DECREE, n. L. To judge; to divide.
1. Judicial decision or determination of a litigated cause; as a decree of the court of
chancery. The decision of a court of equity is called a decree; that of a court of law, a
judgment.

This is the gift of grace. Put into context, Sha'ul is not contradicting Yahshua, who said that the LAW will not pass away before heaven or earth. He's not telling us that we can live like lawless Hellians under grace because the LAW has been demolished. He's telling us that the judgements (under penalty of death) of our past sins are covered, through Yahshua, by the grace of Yahweh.

What is your point? When have you ever heard me say God's Law (10 commandments) has been abolished? I am agreeing that dogma is referring to the ceremonial Laws of Moses not the 10 commandments as well as the penalty of sin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If Christians are under the law then we should be observing Torah. Beating around the bush and throwing out a bunch of scripture trying to prove otherwise is counter productive.
Again, I stress there is nothing in the 10 commandments about love. The commandments are all about duty. Certainly we should love our Creator and we should love to do all of God's will for us. All the scripture anyone comes up with does not tell us the 10 are about love.

Seems like God's Word disagrees with you Bob as highlighted with all the scriptures posted in Post #1653 and Post # 1654. It is clear you have not read and of my posts otherwise you would not have posted the above? We must believe the Word of God over the teachings and traditions of men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What is your point? When have you ever heard me say God's Law (10 commandments) has been abolished? I am agreeing that dogma is referring to the ceremonial Laws of Moses not the 10 commandments as well as the penalty of sin

Did I say that you said "God's Law (10 commandments) has been abolished?"

Here is what I quoted you on, in a nutshell.

The greek Word used is Dogma referring to the ceremonial laws of Moses

Ceremonial laws are not decrees or judgements. That is what I was bringing to your attention.

You and I have much in common. I have considerable respect for the thought and research that goes into your posts. If I recall correctly, you were the one who who provided me with some information that I had been searching for (on a hunch) for years. If this is true; (that you are the one) I told my family about you over dinner. I can learn from you. I believe that everyone who YHWH puts in my life can teach me something; but I believe that you have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Please don't take my search for truth, nor my proclamations of my understanding of the truth, to all those who would hear, as a personal attack. I believe that you and I can learn from each other.

All that said, would you consider this verse as part of YHWH's law?:

(CLV) Lv 19:18
You shall not avenge nor shall you be resentful against the sons of your people. You will love your associate as yourself: I am Yahweh.

I can't find it in the Ten Words (Commandments).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.