Coke or Pepsi

Which one do you like most

• Coke

• Pepsi

• Niether (please tell what you do like)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Green Orchid

earth nomad
Jul 23, 2004
✟6,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I prefer Pepsi. Coke is too carbonated.

I'm from Quebec, and we are THE Pepsi place!

And in response to...

fishstix said:
We have other wierd regulations too though. Like the labelling on our products has to be in both English and French throughout the whole country even though in most parts of the country everyone speaks English and only one province has a large number of people that would only speak French... It gets annoying when you go to the store and the French side of the package is facing out so you have to pick it up and turn it around to be able to read what it says :( And it's only been like this for around 20 years or so...
Considering one-fourth of Canada speaks French (including me), it's nice to be able to read labels in your own language. Especially when you come up with words like "turmeric", "rennet" and the such...

Upvote 0

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TriptychR said:
I have to go with Coke. My campus recently switched over to Pepsi, and many are suffering from withdrawl.

You aren't at CSUN are you? We went all-Pepsi a few years ago too, even for juces and water. I don't get that. I don't really care what brand I drink, because I really don't drink that much soda, but it just seems weird that they can "take over" a whole campus like that. :scratch:

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Green Orchid said:
I prefer Pepsi. Coke is too carbonated.

I'm from Quebec, and we are THE Pepsi place!

And in response to...

Considering one-fourth of Canada speaks French (including me), it's nice to be able to read labels in your own language. Especially when you come up with words like "turmeric", "rennet" and the such...

I would certainly support Quebec if they wished to have all French packaging, provided that the rest of the provinces could choose what language(s) they wanted their packaging to be. Ideally though, I don't think label language should be legislated - most manufacturers will naturally put labels their item with whatever language the majority of people in the area can understand because that will maximize their sales.

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
renaistre said:
You aren't at CSUN are you? We went all-Pepsi a few years ago too, even for juces and water. I don't get that. I don't really care what brand I drink, because I really don't drink that much soda, but it just seems weird that they can "take over" a whole campus like that. :scratch:

Coke took over my campus. They paid a million bucks or something to the students union and in return only Coke products can be sold on campus. And now they keep raising the prices of the drinks because they aren't making enough cash - because the drinks are so expensive that hardly anyone buys drinks on campus anymore. 1.75 for a little bottle of Coke. Another reason I dislike Coke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
fishstix said:
Coke took over my campus. They paid a million bucks or something to the students union and in return only Coke products can be sold on campus. And now they keep raising the prices of the drinks because they aren't making enough cash - because the drinks are so expensive that hardly anyone buys drinks on campus anymore. 1.75 for a little bottle of Coke. Another reason I dislike Coke.

Oh, that reminds me... Yeah, we had this vending machine that sold the 20oz bottles for $1.50 in our lab (sorry, I don't know what that is in mL), and this semester they replaced it with a new 12 oz can machine... but it's still $1.50. These people :doh: :D

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
renaistre said:
Oh, that reminds me... Yeah, we had this vending machine that sold the 20oz bottles for $1.50 in our lab (sorry, I don't know what that is in mL), and this semester they replaced it with a new 12 oz can machine... but it's still $1.50. These people :doh: :D

We had one Coke machine that had the cans in it and one day we noticed that there was bottled water in it too. The bottled water was more expensive than the drinks in the cans - about .25 or .50 more. And then a while after that, the bottles were no longer normal sized bottles of water - they were these tiny little half-sized bottles, shorter than a can of Coke. But of course the price stayed the same. Total rip-off.

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not for nothing, but if you read yesterday/today's WSJ, there's some statements from Coke about third quarter profits being down. The retired CEO came back in to try and straighten things out. I liked what he had to say, because he gave a non-sugar coated assesment of the state of the business.

So, shares of KO are at a 52 week low of $40 +/-0.20.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IBC Rootbeer, but I also love Pirate's Keg and Saranack Rootbeer's too.

Will's is excellent too, and Polar and Barq's are very good as well.

Mug is a little too generic, but fine on occassion; I don't mind diet rootbeer either, so long as it is sweetened with splenda.

But as for coke vs. pepsi, definitely coke. Mind you I love mountain dew, but since I take it that the pollster wants JUST COKE vs. JUST PEPSI, coke wins the vote for me by a long shot. Pepsi tastes, to me, like icky sugar water.

And water, to me, is too bland. I get it from my watermellons and other fruits; I need not drink it on its own.

Upvote 0