Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, not at all. I just personally am amazed that someone has remembered a post from 9 months ago. How does someone do that?
Step one: follow story to conclusion
Step two: type something into the search feature to see if there was a thread about it here when it began
Step three: post update to thread that search turned up

There after try to understand why the OP seems incensed that their thread was updated with the cases conclusion.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Mentioning a lawsuit is inflamatory?

New to me.

Yet here we are, with the person who brought this topic forth seemingly flabbergasted (almost as if they were offended) that someone followed up on it and placed it within it's original context in these forums.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, not at all. I just personally am amazed that someone has remembered a post from 9 months ago. How does someone do that? It is just an observation.
Hate to break the illusion but it’s not some amazing ability essentialsaltes has to find or memorize a specific thread. They ran a search on the site for the thread and came back to update it with a follow up.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Step one: follow story to conclusion

I mean, it's not even that. It was a news item in the news. I wasn't actively following the story. You know who was? The assiduous members of the press.

Hate to break the illusion but it’s not some amazing ability essentialsaltes has to find or memorize a specific thread.

Shoot, that was my illusion too, you know.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean, it's not even that. It was a news item in the news. I wasn't actively following the story. You know who was? The assiduous members of the press.

Shoot, that was my illusion too, you know.

it is really a curiosity, you must have an amazing memory. You read a news article and have the memory to remember I posted a thread on it almost a year earlier.

I’ve met people with memories like that, it always amazes me.

Bravo!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
it is really a curiosity, you must have an amazing memory. You read a news article and have the memory to remember I posted a thread on it almost a year earlier.

I’ve met people with memories like that, it always amazes me.

Bravo!
I remember your original thread too.

In the USA these days we're way to accustomed to treating every news bite as a throwaway "gotcha" opportunity. Its good to get some follow through so we can see through patterns of bogus claims.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
it is really a curiosity, you must have an amazing memory.

No, the true situation has already been clearly explained to you, yet you persist in retaining your initial false impression. This would appear to be a pattern.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, the true situation has already been clearly explained to you, yet you persist in retaining your initial false impression. This would appear to be a pattern.

OKIE DOKIE - you don't have a great memory.....

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Who even remembers a post from May of 2020, let alone look up the results of the law suit?

perhaps you need a hobby?

No, not at all. I just personally am amazed that someone has remembered a post from 9 months ago. How does someone do that? It is just an observation.
Care to explain the bolded comment then? The context sure isn't making it look like a term of endearment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Care to explain the bolded comment then? The context sure isn't making it look like a term of endearment.

you-got-it-dude-1.gif

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OP could've taken the route of commenting on the update of their own topic thread, but instead chose to throw shade at the person who provided the update, and here we are. Well done.

The OP didn't remember the thread from May of 2020 - my memory isn't good either.

Any further personal complaints about me should be taken up with my mom - but she died.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The OP didn't remember the thread from May of 2020 - my memory isn't good either.
Well here's your OP:
Devin Nunes sues CNN for $435M over ‘false and defamatory’ Ukraine story

The 47-page lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, accuses the liberal network of publishing “numerous egregiously false and defamatory” statements about Nunes on Nov. 22, 2019 when journalist Vicky Ward reported claims that Nunes met with Ukranian prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in Vienna in 2018 to dig "up dirt" on Hunter and Joe Biden.

And guess who:

. “It was obvious that his lies were part of a thinly-veiled attempt to obstruct justice and to trick either the United States Attorney or House Intelligence Committee Chairman, Adam Schiff into offering ‘immunity’ in return for information’ about [Nunes].”

And here's the update.

A federal judge the District of Maryland on Wednesday threw out a lawsuit that Rep. Devin Nuness senior aide Derek Harvey filed against CNN, former Rudy Giuliani business associate Lev Parnas, and Parnas’s lawyer Joseph Bondy.

Judge Richard Bennett, a George W. Bush appointee, ruled that the defamation action failed to state a claim against CNN. As to Parnas and Bondy, the judge said the court lacked personal jurisdiction given Maryland state law.

In a footnote, the judge noted that one of the lawyers representing Harvey in this action has represented Nunes in several lawsuits. The judge was referring to attorney Steven Biss, though he didn’t mention him by name.

The judge said Harvey’s case “closely parrots” allegations in federal lawsuits that Biss filed on Nunes’ behalf. Notice that the judge also pointed out two Nunes cases were ordered dismissed and two others have pending motions to dismiss:
They were very easy to find, despite any bad memory issues. Unless you don't remember how to go to the first post in a thread. We can help with that.
Any further personal complaints about me should be taken up with my mom - but she died.
So much for personal responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Okay already. I blasted hislegacy with both barrels in #88. It's over.
What else is there to talk about? A dumb lawsuit getting thrown out isn't even entertaining when Trump does it, at least after the 50th time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.