Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was raised in an SDA church (my dad is still adventist my mom is ...I dunno what she is anymore) and then during my late teens I went with my Gram to a non-denominational community church...

Then, as sometimes happens, I fell away from church going for a long time, recently Ive gotten convicted to re-establish my faith, its get serious about it or forget it, HE doesnt much care for those lukewarm fellows after all.

I'm not sure I agree with everything the Adventist church here preaches, but I know I wasnt getting much of anything in the community church, it was just a longer version of a bible study class.

And thats it in a nutshell, I dunno which church or which denomination to lean to, I'm totally clueless. Just had to get that off my chest so to speak, I'll continue to do as my mom tells me: "pray about it" and hope that gives me an answer. Feel free to comment I'd be interested in any suggestions.

:confused:

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praying is good but you are still going to have to do the leg work to find a church that ministers to your needs. you might ask friend or co-workers that you know go to church where they go and visit their churches.

Upvote 0

Untamed Fire

Sep 28, 2004
Floating in Cyberspace
✟431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Too often "getting serious" is an euphemism for "attaining perfection" in some meticulous sense of the word. A clear reading of Matthew 5 will reveal precisely the "perfection" the Lord seeks to bestow in and through us is no more nor less than perfect love, to drive out all fear and shine the Light of God's mercy upon BOTH the just AND the unjust in full and unbiased measure.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟453,282.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too often "getting serious" is an euphemism for "attaining perfection" in some meticulous sense of the word. A clear reading of Matthew 5 will reveal precisely the "perfection" the Lord seeks to bestow in and through us is no more nor less than perfect love, to drive out all fear and shine the Light of God's mercy upon BOTH the just AND the unjust in full and unbiased measure.

Love God and your fellow man, its as simple as that...

Upvote 0