• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Close to suicide.

JordanL103

Jun 22, 2018
Seattle
✟12,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,
I have been a faithful Christian ever since I was 4 or 5. And I always believed that God had a will and plan for everyone and he is always there for us. Most importantly, I always believed that he will never give us more than we can handle. But recently, I am starting to collapse.

Everyday I’m getting near the end and I don’t think I can hang in there much longer. Life has been hell for me, today I finally let go and cried so painfully because I just cannot hold it in much longer. My relationship has fallen apart. The girl I loved so dearly for 6 years has left me, and I always thought she was the one. In fact I still do, I don’t mean to sound obsessive or opinionated l, but I still just have that gut feel that she’s the one that’s meant to be. I know in the past I’ve hurt her a bunch of times, but I was young and I love her. But this time I tried to save this relationship but it was no good. Friends say I wasn’t trying hard enough but there’s nothing more that I can do. Everyday I live in nightmares and live like a zombie because I just cannot think. Just a few days ago, for the first time in my entire life I woke up crying. I guess I finally just had it. And life is just... I don’t know how to say this but I know that this life I’m currently living is not aligned with who I really am or for the real purpose of me being in this world.

Everyday I feel like I’m further off from what I truly should be living. I don’t know how I can describe it to you guys but I just know this is not the kind of life I should be living and I have absolutely no power to change that. I am not who I really am and I’m just not in sync with this current life. I know you all say that God has a purpose and plan for all of us but I really cannot see it. And I cannot feel the love and presence of God at all. I’m so close to renouncing my faith, I don’t wanna donthat but it has became to a point where I’m near giving up. And I know you all say that a better life awaits if we just be patient and hang on, but what you don’t understand is I am suffering right “now” and I cannot hold on much longer.

Suicide has once again popped into my head quite a few times today. I don’t know where God is. I am close to losing it and be still has not given me any hope or let me see any way out. I am so tired of this life I lm thinking maybe I should just end the pain myself because I’ve waited and waited and God has not changed a thing. So from now on there is no hope in me. I don’t know where God is and I cannot deal with this anymore. I pray and pray but nothing ever happened. And so I give up. Don’t know how much longer it takes to give up my life but it’s heading in that direction. I cannot suffer any longer. Maybe I’ll go to hell but what’s the difference. I’m living in hell right now. I used to be the most outgoing, positive and optimistic person ever. I always bring joy to other people. But maybe God doesn’t like that because I am close to losing it.

Everyone talks about God miraculously healing them. Why won’t He do that for me? Why won’t He take away even a little of the pain? Why won’t He give me even a little relief? How does He expect me to believe that He is real and He is good when He treats me like crap?

and I refuse to just sit around and wait for our “loving” God to decide I’ve been tormented enough. I’d rather end the pain myself.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
US by Phone: 800-SUICIDE (784-2433) This is the suicide hotline and please do not make suicide an option, I know the pain that it causes those left behind. I am sending you a message Friend lets talk.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for reaching out and letting people know you are hurting. Praying for you.

but I know that this life I’m currently living is not aligned with who I really am or for the real purpose of me being in this world.

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m praying for you! Please know that God is there for you and that there are others to help as well. These are some resources that are ready to help talk to you about this:

US by Phone: 800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
US by Online Chat: IMAlive
US by Phone or Online Chat: Samaritans
International: Befrienders (Note that you can find your country at the top right of the web page.)

Know that your fellow CF members are here and praying!

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I have been there. I am going through severe depression right now. I have been suicidal and there is nothing to be gained from it. I have made multiple attempts on my life.

God's steadfast love endures forever. He will not forsake us.

<staff edit>

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone,
I have been a faithful Christian ever since I was 4 or 5. And I always believed that God had a will and plan for everyone and he is always there for us. Most importantly, I always believed that he will never give us more than we can handle. But recently, I am starting to collapse.

Everyday I’m getting near the end and I don’t think I can hang in there much longer. Life has been hell for me, today I finally let go and cried so painfully because I just cannot hold it in much longer. My relationship has fallen apart. The girl I loved so dearly for 6 years has left me, and I always thought she was the one. In fact I still do, I don’t mean to sound obsessive or opinionated l, but I still just have that gut feel that she’s the one that’s meant to be. I know in the past I’ve hurt her a bunch of times, but I was young and I love her. But this time I tried to save this relationship but it was no good. Friends say I wasn’t trying hard enough but there’s nothing more that I can do. Everyday I live in nightmares and live like a zombie because I just cannot think. Just a few days ago, for the first time in my entire life I woke up crying. I guess I finally just had it. And life is just... I don’t know how to say this but I know that this life I’m currently living is not aligned with who I really am or for the real purpose of me being in this world.

Everyday I feel like I’m further off from what I truly should be living. I don’t know how I can describe it to you guys but I just know this is not the kind of life I should be living and I have absolutely no power to change that. I am not who I really am and I’m just not in sync with this current life. I know you all say that God has a purpose and plan for all of us but I really cannot see it. And I cannot feel the love and presence of God at all. I’m so close to renouncing my faith, I don’t wanna donthat but it has became to a point where I’m near giving up. And I know you all say that a better life awaits if we just be patient and hang on, but what you don’t understand is I am suffering right “now” and I cannot hold on much longer.

Suicide has once again popped into my head quite a few times today. I don’t know where God is. I am close to losing it and be still has not given me any hope or let me see any way out. I am so tired of this life I lm thinking maybe I should just end the pain myself because I’ve waited and waited and God has not changed a thing. So from now on there is no hope in me. I don’t know where God is and I cannot deal with this anymore. I pray and pray but nothing ever happened. And so I give up. Don’t know how much longer it takes to give up my life but it’s heading in that direction. I cannot suffer any longer. Maybe I’ll go to hell but what’s the difference. I’m living in hell right now. I used to be the most outgoing, positive and optimistic person ever. I always bring joy to other people. But maybe God doesn’t like that because I am close to losing it.

Everyone talks about God miraculously healing them. Why won’t He do that for me? Why won’t He take away even a little of the pain? Why won’t He give me even a little relief? How does He expect me to believe that He is real and He is good when He treats me like crap?

and I refuse to just sit around and wait for our “loving” God to decide I’ve been tormented enough. I’d rather end the pain myself.
<staff edit>Wait and see what He has for you my friend... God bless you...

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Suicidal thoughts. I understand. I do. Lots of us have these thoughts or have had them. <staff edit>

Anyone can give you advice. Good and bad. Not everyone is standing in your shoes.

Never run from God. Keep praying. Keeping asking God for guidance etc.

Be strong. Get through this tough patch. Maybe God will see to it that you and this girl will get back together again!

Jesus is with you. I myself am going through a very tough time indeed in my life. Suicidal thoughts, yes. But, i wont give in! However hard it gets i am sticking with Jesus!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Jordan, first of all you must speak to someone, you never have to handle this alone, so please get some help and support.
You are right when you say that you shouldn't have to live like this, no you shouldn't but suicide is not the answer. I know when you're in this frame of mind you become tunnel visioned and can't think of anyone else. Please stop and think of the effect it would have on the people around you who love you, they would never be the same and they would be devastated.
I am speaking from personal experience as I have been there and truly believe me when I say that YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS FEEL LIKE THIS. Sometimes all you can do is hold on and that is what you need to do now.
Pour out your heart to God He longs to hear you. And if you can read a portion of scripture that comforts you do this also. I often read Psalm 27 when I need to be reminded of Gods' grace and protection.
Not everyone is healed and free of all pain in this life,but the Lord will keep you dear one.
Apart from managed depression that I have had over forty years, I also have constant arthritic pain in my feet,ankle, legs and hands but do you know what?
I endure it gladly because it was during all of this that I came to be saved and nothing is worth more than being a child of God. I don't like it and it grinds me down sometimes but

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His grace is sufficient for us and one day it will all be gone when God himself wipes away our tears.
Jordan you are precious to God and to us here now and you are NEVER alone.
God bless you and keep you, He is your strength and shield.:groupray:

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heavenhome

Was reading your very good post, then it seems to missing the end of it.
Sorry my fingers are bad and I somehow "clicked" I did finish it:rolleyes:
Thank you for your kind words God bless all brothers and sisters in Christ here:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone,

Please go talk with a Pastor or professional today! Better days ahead when we simply give God time. I've been where you are and life turned out beautifully my friend... God bless you...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

Hang in there ... and allow yourself to grieve over your relationship.

This has happened to a number of us. Losing a first love can be hard.

It will get better ... one day at a time ...

Upvote 0

JordanL103

Jun 22, 2018
Seattle
✟12,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jordan, you be 18 and have wrapped up lots in a girl you known since you be 12 years old.
How much you both grow and change as the years pass.
People change, relationships change...It's a part of life that we should talk
about instead of keeping quiet about it.
You see when you be young, you have young ideas and dreams.
These things be precious to you.
What be left out is... the growing up/maturing and putting away of childhood, young notions and stuff.
When I was 12 I really was into this guy and thought we were meant to be, my mom saw this and she took me aside and talked to me about not setting so much store on someone when we both are young and haven't matured up.
Thinking you be mature ain't the same as being mature...I didn't understand that then... I come to understand that later...but during that time I had to learn to suffer loss but the thing is, I had not only my mom to help me deal with that
but I also had other godly women to help me also.

Nowadays it seems young people be left flying solo...they don't have in place support of godly christians who be able to come along side them as they walk through the dark valley and or storms in life... too many think the young person is able to handle it it alone, well they're not, they need supportive believers in their life to help them and pray with them etc.

We walk one another through these difficult times, show agape and be Christ-like to our younger believers who are wounded and guide them into paths of righteousness and doing kingdom work.

When I was way younger...my relationship had gone "south" and all I felt was "lonely", it was good to have godly women at church who be able to see that I was hurting/be wounded and have them come along side me and walk with me, to support me and include me in their lives and be Jesus' hands and feet until I was through the rough stuff.
I could talk about things with them and they listened, prayed and encouraged and kept showing love to me even when I didn't show it back.
Little by little they pulled me back into the light and taught me to look to God
and His Word, I had to learn that I needed a deeper rooted relationship with God
and the Bible than with any other person.
You can set too much store on someone so much, that the person you be loving
becomes the most important person in your life and if that person leaves you for
whatever reason, your world crumbles...it crumbles because the foundation not
be built on the right ONE... the right ONE be The LORD.
No other person gets to occupy first place in your life... first place goes to The
LORD.
This be a hard lesson to learn but it be important to learn it.
This is not to destroy you but to get you to see what it be like when you fix
up an idol in your life.
People enter and exit our lives, if their exit from our lives "destroys" us...we fixt
ourselves way too much on that person.
You love someone and want to be with them...marry them, but this don't always
happens...relationships can change and grow for the better...more often than not,
relationships change and end...one person, or sometimes both find that the other
person isn't suitable and the relationship ends.
More times than not both parties have more maturing to do...and many have discovered this after they got involved/married someone else.

I'm much older than you and have witnessed such relationship happenings many
many times over the decades I've been around this old earth.
Rejection hurts, I'm not saying it don't... it does.
Rejection should never be taken to mean that you as a believer is unworthy to
God or anyone else. We all have our own likes, habits and characteristics... none
of us can be everybody else's "cup of tea".

If you need to talk to someone privately....
Home
https://www.faithfulcounseling.com/start/
Haha I think I really need to change my profile. It shows the wrong birth year. I’ve known her since 16, almost 17. It’s the year where I know a load of couples met and then happily married. Thank you for trying to have me get over this relationship but saying age is an excuse is just really... if that’s the case then I’d rather believe she never loved me.

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not even in the mental state for being rude. I guess I don’t have to explain our relationship to anyone. It has ended anyways.
Having been published a few times as well as being an published inventor Jordan I tend to look at the intricacies of matters and I'm certain I see what the issue is here. You are a deeply loving man and it's your deep love that's being attacked by the TURD devil. It is the depth of your love that WILL get you through this awful time... God bless you...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JordanL103

Jun 22, 2018
Seattle
✟12,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having been published a few times as well as being an published inventor Jordan I tend to look at the intricacies of matters and I'm certain I see what the issue is here. You are a deeply loving man and it's your deep love that's being attacked by the TURD devil. It is the depth of your love that WILL get you through this awful time... God bless you...
I feel so humiliated and betrayed and left behind, I don’t think love exists in me anymore.

• Prayers
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If love didn't live in your heart Jordan? You wouldn't even care! It seems you just need a little direction... Direction to help you see who you are in Christ. It's clear that love surrounds you, and again, that love will get you through this horrid period in your life. Been there with a gun in my mouth my friend. I praise God I am here and have enjoyed His blessings. You'll make it Jordan... Need my number?

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I feel so humiliated and betrayed and left behind, I don’t think love exists in me anymore.
If course love is in you Jordan!!! Stop and "THINK". You would care NOTHING for this past relationship! You would care NOTHING for the precious life God gave you! You're just not looking in the right direction now because your heart hurts Jordan. As painful as it is, a damaged heart is NO different than a bad physical injury. They both just take time to heal. They hurt like hell, but they do heal Jordan...

Upvote 0

JordanL103

Jun 22, 2018
Seattle
✟12,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If course love is in you Jordan!!! Stop and "THINK". You would care NOTHING for this past relationship! You would care NOTHING for the precious life God gave you! You're just not looking in the right direction now because your heart hurts Jordan. As painful as it is, a damaged heart is NO different than a bad physical injury. They both just take time to heal. They hurt like hell, but they do heal Jordan...
Arthur thank you so much for being there for me. But to be honest, maybe I am filled with love, but somehow God made me meet this woman and completely destroy it. So love does not exist. God doesn’t even approve it.

Upvote 0