✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Article Excerpt:

Some of the holiest times of Judaism and Christianity are upon us. And the news brought word of overflow attendance at Palm Sunday services in a couple of churches in Louisiana and Kentucky.

Messages from state and federal government are mixed. But we join our voices to say large worship gatherings are both unwise and theologically suspect.

We would love to say to our congregations that the threat is over and we can come together for Easter and Passover as usual. But we cannot in good conscience do so.

It is simply irresponsible to think that God desires that we ignore the very best medical advice God has sent us about how to fight this virus. Other cities have already had to track down everyone who worshiped in some churches after finding they may have come in contact with members who have later tested positive for COVID-19.

Online-only worship is a critical important part of social distancing, which has proven to be effective in slowing the spread of the disease. The latest news that 25% to 50% of infected people show little or no symptoms while being contagious only adds to the urgency of social distancing.

We advise against paying heed to any declaration that flies in the face of that news, whether from government or from a clergy member. The health of our members and everyone they come in contact with is at stake, as is the toll on health care workers and their families.

In-person worship at this time is simply arrogant. In response to similar displays of piety while the larger population suffered, the prophet Isaiah wrote of God’s hatred. He said that God is “weary of bearing” such assemblies. Even more, he said that such worship leaves blood on the hands of those who lead it and makes God deaf to their attempts at praise. (Isa. 1)

Continue reading...

God doesn’t demand we ignore coronavirus medical advice. Stay home for Easter, Passover.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But we join our voices to say large worship gatherings are both unwise and theologically suspect.

Unbelievable. Never before have we as a race been so cowardly. During the Black plague that wiped out 70 percent of Europe they had Easter Mass and during the Spanish flu they held Easter services. We have become cowards and even I have too. I am truly ashamed of the human race and me. :(

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unbelievable. Never before have we as a race been so cowardly. During the Black plague that wiped out 70 percent of Europe they had Easter Mass and during the Spanish flu they held Easter services. We have become cowards and even I have too. I am truly ashamed of the human race and me. :(
The awful cowardice that also made us stop drinking from the same waterhole we defecate in.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Keep in mind that during both of those they did not know what we know about the spread. I am pretty sure that God wants us to actually stay healthy and obey the law of the land ( The Bible says as much.) Moreover we can even still get together using things like zoom and telephones did not have either of those either all OR very widespread during the black death at all, but even during the Spanish Flu it was not nearly as commonplace to have a telephone, nor could several people be on a single call. God gave us a brain He expects us to use it.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The awful cowardice that also made us stop drinking from the same waterhole we defecate in.

All I have to say is, thank God the human race has become more educated and wiser than it was during the Black Plague and the Spanish Flu. And I thank God for the advances in medicine and science too.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All I have to say is, thank God the human race has become more educated and wiser than it was during the Black Plague and the Spanish Flu. And thank God for the advances in medicine and science too.
thank you. As people have pointed out time and time again in the past few weeks the church is not a building, nor do we need to gather in large groups to worship. In fact, it is easier now than it ever has been.

• Friendly
Reactions: GACfan
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
With your post. This whole thing has been a big lie and we all, even me gave into it.
What leads you to say it is a big lie? The deaths are everywhere not just in the states.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What leads you to say it is a big lie? The deaths are everywhere not just in the states.

They lie about masks, they lie about the numbers, they have admitted on live TV in the briefings that any death right now is being counted as COVID-19 even if that is not the cause. We gave our liberty and freedom up to non elected people and gladly handed it over. Now people are falling all over themselves to justify why we should continue giving up our freedom and liberties like it is the most wonderful thing ever. It's not just the people it is the gathering place, you never see St. Paul are any of them saying don't worry about Church because people are Church. No St. Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves. We have now gone against Scripture. These are my thoughts and I am going to unsub from this thread. It does no good when no one cares.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They lie about masks, they lie about the numbers, they have admitted on live TV in the briefings that any death right now is being counted as COVID-19 even if that is not the cause. We gave our liberty and freedom up to non elected people and gladly handed it over. Now people are falling all over themselves to justify why we should continue giving up our freedom and liberties like it is the most wonderful thing ever. It's not just the people it is the gathering place, you never see St. Paul are any of them saying don't worry about Church because people are Church. No St. Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves. We have now gone against Scripture. These are my thoughts and I am going to unsub from this thread. It does no good when no one cares.
I agree that the deaths may be a little overstated maybe even some deaths are outright lies, but in general the deaths are being reported actuately. As to Paul, We are gathering together not as he did, but we ARE..

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

So... you want a whole bunch of people to die? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So... you want a whole bunch of people to die? :scratch:
We're deep in the covid trutherism weeds, don't bother trying to bring logic in here.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We go to different churches. Those who hold to old traditions find it difficult to not attend certain services and not take communion; I can understand their disappointment. Then there are anti-government types who enjoy criticizing and rebelling. And there are others.

Romans 12:12 - Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We go to different churches. Those who hold to old traditions find it difficult to not attend certain services and not take communion; I can understand their disappointment.
Me too. What I cannot understand, and what is frankly inexcusable, is the willingness of these people to endanger other people's lives.

Those who gather in groups belong in jail.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Article Excerpt:

Some of the holiest times of Judaism and Christianity are upon us. And the news brought word of overflow attendance at Palm Sunday services in a couple of churches in Louisiana and Kentucky.

Messages from state and federal government are mixed. But we join our voices to say large worship gatherings are both unwise and theologically suspect.

Definitely. Easter was a pagan Goddess and there is no place anywhere in scripture that says we need to celebrate Christ's resurrection yearly. Christ's church celebrates his resurrection every time we partake of the Lord's Supper.

What's suspect is the gross power grab that governors in the states have attempted when issuing "lawful"" orders when it is the sole responsibility of legislatures to make laws and governors to enforce them.

War over Easter: Kansas lawmakers revoke governor’s order limiting church gatherings

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

The awful cowardice of people who listen to news reports and treat it as scientific fact.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

you keep saying this, I'm kinda curious how many of those courageous worshipers then went on to die from those sermons. Plus your comparing a disease mostly spread through fleas from hamsters and rats, to a disease spread entirely by human to human transmission.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Me too. What I cannot understand, and what is frankly inexcusable, is the willingness of these people to endanger other people's lives.

Those who gather in groups belong in jail.
but the thing is jail is a confined space. In fact two of the largest outbreaks were in a jail. For this reason jailing people who refuse to follow these particular orders really do not make much sense.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0