Visit site
✟473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If a moderator thinks this is in the wrong forum, I don't mind if he/she moves it. I couldn't find a suitable place, however. :)

OK, here's the scoop: I have a Classic XP3 playerwith a 10GB hard drive. The thing keeps locking up, however. I'm able to put songs on it, but I can't listen to them. It shows a screen that says "MP3/WMA JUKEBOX". On the EMI Global website (here, in fact) it says,
EMI Global tech support said:
What do I Do if My Player Shows MP3/WMA and I Can't Turn it off ?
If the player is showing MP3/WMA and is non responsive, then the firmware in the unit has been damaged and needs to be reformatted. If the CHD500's firmware was updated to the latest version you can format the unit using any versions of windows. If the unit has a older firmware, then the unit must be formatted by a Windows 98Se or Windows Me Pc. Once formatted please upgrade to the latest firmware and reload your music.
However, it doesn't say how to install the new "firmware". I don't want to format my toy (which cost me $90) until I'm absolutely certain that I'mm be able to get an OS onto it and have it work. Does anyone know how to install the firmware? If not, can you tell me where to find out how?

best of regards
the_cloaked_crusader

firecracker

Jun 12, 2004
✟449.00
Faith
Christian
http://emiglobal.com/faq/chd1000fu.html this link seems to indicate the steps you need to take to complete the upgrade. From what you've said it looks like the only choice. The page refers to a CHD1000, but refers to an XP3 though-out. Perhaps dig around further - I used this google search "Classic XP3 player firmware upgrade" to find that link.

Upvote 0

the_cloaked_crusader

Servant ofthe Secret Fire
Jun 25, 2003
a valley with fields and marshes, forests and stre
Visit site
✟473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going to start tearing my hair out any minute. I tried to download the firmware I found here, but it doesn't work. I bought this thing for $90 so I could have it on a trip for which I am leaving on Friday. I haveto get it working by then. Any input whatsoever would be very much appreciated. :pray:

Upvote 0

the_cloaked_crusader

Servant ofthe Secret Fire
Jun 25, 2003
a valley with fields and marshes, forests and stre
Visit site
✟473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. the firmware download didn't work . . . I got someone on another forum to download it using a diferent program and email it to me. It installed on my player, but it still doesn't work, and I don't know how to format it.

Upvote 0