Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A Christian may not always have clarity of purpose and thought. Convictions and spiritual experiences can become muddled and confusing with time. Given the plethora of denominations and unending bible commentary in the media, it's only natural for a saint to start questioning their faith and lose clarity. A saint may begin asking the question that Satan deceptively slipped into Eve's mind (Gen 3:1), "did God really say?" John the Baptist, who was full of the Holy Spirit at conception, had doubts about the messiah. He needed clarity of faith and vision. The remarkable thing is that Christ did not rebuke John for his lack of clarity in faith but instead gave him the evidence (Luke 7:22).

Lacking clarity in our faith and purpose is quite common. In such times, Christ Himself gives us the clarity we need, "I am He."

Last edited:

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Christian may not always have clarity of purpose and thought. Convictions and spiritual experiences can become muddled and confusing with time. Given the plethora of denominations and unending bible commentary in the media, it's only natural for a saint to start questioning their faith and lose clarity. A saint may begin asking the question that Satan deceptively slipped into Eve's mind (Gen 3:1), "did God really say?" John the Baptist, who was full of the Holy Spirit at conception, had doubts about the messiah. He needed clarity of faith and vision. The remarkable thing is that Christ did not rebuke John for his lack of clarity in faith but instead gave him the evidence (Luke 7:22).

Lacking clarity in our faith and purpose is quite common. In such times, Christ Himself gives us the clarity we need, "I am He."
I have come to believe that those with a clearer understanding of what they believe, cope better. Many people have not really reflected, thought out or tried to articulate exactly what they believe. They have no firm basis. Now, those that do have a clear basis may be anything from fundamentalist Christian to Wiccan, to Muslim, Jewish or even atheist. But at least they have something that they are rooted in as they face the turbulence of life crises.

This has motivated me to sit down and write out what I believe. The standard creeds wont due because they are no my language and are not detailed enough. "I am He." only scratches the surface. Who is "He" for me and what does that mean for me?

Upvote 0