Not open for further replies.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello et. al.

:wave:

I don't think that the intent to to exclude "help" from people, but the purpose of "Outreach" is to help seekers see their problems in respect to biblical teachings.

One may "help" another person by administering "prozac"... but that isn't covered in biblical teachings. One may "help" by giving humanistic advice, or in holistic medicine, but that isn't biblical teaching either.

"There's a time for every purpose under heaven"... and this time and purpose is for an outreach tool for seekers. If people wanted the advice of those outside Christianity, then there would be no purpose for posting in "Questions in Christianity".

I don't think that is meant to be, or should be taken to be an insult, but unless one can respond to "Questions in Christianity" with Christian answers, then perhaps they should be posting in "unorthodox Christianity"?

~serapha~

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
"An open support forum where Christians can offer support to non-Christians."

just like it says below the forum title. also, i read the whole thread that contributed to this section and it was specifically just an area for non chrisitans to discuss their struggles and any issues in their life that are trying them. nothin about them struggling with christianity, like you said above. Although even then, some of us non christians are good in assisting with that particular struggle. Faith issues are not only dealt with in your religion :)

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Serapha said:
Hello et. al.

:wave:

I don't think that the intent to to exclude "help" from people, but the purpose of "Outreach" is to help seekers see their problems in respect to biblical teachings.

One may "help" another person by administering "prozac"... but that isn't covered in biblical teachings. One may "help" by giving humanistic advice, or in holistic medicine, but that isn't biblical teaching either.

"There's a time for every purpose under heaven"... and this time and purpose is for an outreach tool for seekers. If people wanted the advice of those outside Christianity, then there would be no purpose for posting in "Questions in Christianity".

I don't think that is meant to be, or should be taken to be an insult, but unless one can respond to "Questions in Christianity" with Christian answers, then perhaps they should be posting in "unorthodox Christianity"?

~serapha~
why are you bringing up questions about chrisitanity, this isn't in that section??? this forum has nothing to do with non christians wanting the help of christians. it is strictly a place for the MANY non christian posters to discuss what is going on in their life and seek wisdom from anyone no matter what their faith. Erwin only said he didn't want advice that went against chrisitan ethics which is understandable.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
muzikdude said:
Like I said, I think it will be difficult to avoid debates and losing focus on the person asking for help. We can't even discuss the rules without debating.
dont be silly, people are just trying to figure out what the rules are. it is a good thing this thread was started, even mods thought this was a forum for non christians who are struggling with chrisitanity!!

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟28,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
i sent AA a pm asking her the rules of this area and a link to this thread. so hopefully she can clear up some of the confusion.

i COMPLETELY understand that Christians are the ones to respond in the Questions about Christianity section- makes sense. But if someone's daughter just died and wants to know how other people have dealt with it- be it prayer, therapy, reading her daughter's fave books or something- non Christians are still mothers and can grieve the loss of their daughters. Who knows, they might put something in a way that really clicks with the grieving mother seeking help and truly help them.

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The rules are sorted out now.

Erwin said:
1) Open to ALL members.

2) All members can reply and offer support (except for Questions about Christianity, where for obvious reasons, only Christians can answer).

3) In the other Outreach forums, if a non-Christian offers support that is AGAINST teachings of the Bible or against Christian principles (eg. encouraging fornication or homosexuality) then that moderators will remove that post.

Sorry for the confusion

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SqueezetheShaman said:
dont be silly, people are just trying to figure out what the rules are. it is a good thing this thread was started, even mods thought this was a forum for non christians who are struggling with chrisitanity!!
Calm down turbo. I agree tht it's a good idea. (you know I'm messing around) But I seriously think debate will be a problem in this sort of thread. Some people have no self dicipline. I foresee two people arguing over someone elses problem. What do you do then? Shut down the thread?
(I've all ready been told that they were going to work it out, so I'll shut up now)

Is there a way to ban someone from a particular thread only withoout banning them from the forums?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
thanks altya.

um hum.. remove your post, muzi?

I foresee two people arguing over someone elses problem. What do you do then? Shut down the thread?

editing, pm, rule reminder(s)... and if none worked then yes, shut down the thread. Much like what is done over in the struggle forum for christians.

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed-one said:
thanks altya.

um hum.. remove your post, muzi?

editing, pm, rule reminder(s)... and if none worked then yes, shut down the thread. Much like what is done over in the struggle forum for christians.
Yeah,

I know, I'm being a pessimist. That's not even my nature really. I have confidence you people can handle it.

*Muzik shuts up and colors*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.