Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Would a mod care to clarify the rules of this new forum?
Here they are as stated in Announcements. Please note the bolded part.

If I take these rules literally, should I assume that only Christians can offer support?
Thank you in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer Requests by Non-Christians
A forum for non-Christians to request prayers from Christians.

Struggles by Non-Christians
An open support forum where Christians can offer support to non-Christians.

Addiction
A forum where non-Christians can seek support from Christians regarding issues with addiction.
------------------------------------------------------------------

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
yes, those things have troubled me as well. i understand they are areas for non christians to be able to get help/encouragement like similar areas in the CO areas.... but can other non christians not offer advice? and can christians seek advice in those areas along with non christians? i know i am a thorn in y'alls side already and i promise i am not trying to be.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Annabel Lee said:

If I take these rules literally, should I assume that only Christians can offer support?
Thank you in advance.

Addiction
A forum where non-Christians can seek support from Christians regarding issues with addiction.
i have a problem with these rules - BUT it's not my forum either - I agree with Big Toe - but hey, what else is new?

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
but in these specific areas about dealing with problems.... is it only christian advice that is allowed? are only non christians allowed to share their problems? for example, if i am struggling with something, but i want more perspective than what i can get in the CO area, can i post over in the open to all areas? or no?

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Blessed-one said:
um.. apparently only christian answers are expected in the 'Questions about Christianity" forum. Non-christians are allowed to post in the other forums.
"Allowed to post" yes; but are they allowed to respond and offer support?
According to the rules stated below, the answer would be no.

Addiction

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope everyone can refrain from turning someone's needs into a debate.
I think there needs to be a rule (or set of rules) about debating in this forum. I foresee many threads being locked. Where will that leave the one seeking counsel?

Not that any of you are paying attention to me :wave: (you know who you are)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
haha, we just want to make sure. and i think it would prevent future questions if the rules of the forums in question reflected that non christians can respond. not that it really matters to me because i am covered by the rules hehe

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Annabel Lee said:

Thank you in advance.

Addiction

The purpose of these forums is to give support to non-Christians in any way they may be needed. To reach out to the unsaved, unbeliever who are seeking the Truth but is still struggling with Christianity. The Christian faith and issues about salvation and the gospel. Giving prayer support and advice.

The reason why only Christians are allowed to give this kind of support is because a non Christian won’t be able to help

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
altya said:
The purpose of these forums is to give support to non-Christians in any way they may be needed. To reach out to the unsaved, unbeliever who are seeking the Truth but is still struggling with Christianity. The Christian faith and issues about salvation and the gospel. Giving prayer support and advice.

The reason why only Christians are allowed to give this kind of support is because a non Christian won’t be able to help
Now I am confused. You are saying that non-Christians cannot offer support in this new forum, Erwin say they can offer support and the rules apparently say they can't.
And since when are non-Christians incapable of offering support in a crisis situation?

And you wonder why we are confused?
When a decision is made on the rules of this new forum, please let us know.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
someone else posted his response earlier in this thread.

i understand in the prayer request forum that Christians would be the ones to respond with prayer- duh. but in the struggles and addiction forums, why would Christians be the only ones able to offer support? aren't they things that people can go through regardless of religion? wouldn't any support offered be something to consider? i understand wanting to provide a way to witness to non believers, but some people don't consider reading the bible as a real solution to their problems, so i guess i am confused as to why other sources of support and encouragement aren't being encouraged here?

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
altya said:

AHH i see, no you are misinterpreting the purpose of this forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.