Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Give me a break. I suppose a baby can get an infected ear from having it pierced and it go septic too. One in a gazillion. Let's outlaw piercing ears.
"One in a gazillion"...

http://www.examiner.com/article/new...te-higher-than-suffocation-and-auto-accidents
A new study published last week in Thymos: Journal of Boyhood Studies estimates that more than 100 baby boys die from circumcision complications each year, including from anesthesia reaction, stroke, hemorrhage, and infection. Because infant circumcision is elective, all of these deaths are avoidable.

To put this in perspective, about 44 neonatal boys die each year from suffocation, and 8 from auto accidents. About 115 neonatal boys die annually from SIDS, nearly the same as from circumcision.

117 little boys dead because their parents chose to butcher their body.

I wonder if the doctors use the "it's was one in a gazillion chance" excuse to explain to the parents why their little baby is dead from a purely elective procedure.

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if the doctors use the "it's was one in a gazillion chance" excuse to explain to the parents why their little baby is dead from a purely elective procedure.

I'm sure those parents found ways to justify the imposition of their own vanities on a newborn who subsequently died as a result.

Having recently watched a child die from cancer, and seen the impact on parents who would have done anything to keep him alive but could do nothing, this sort of cr@p makes me want to .... say swear words loudly.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Give me a break. I suppose a baby can get an infected ear from having it pierced and it go septic too. One in a gazillion. Let's outlaw piercing ears.

An ear infection won't kill you and if bloody diapers don't show you how this is NOT like an ear infection... then ok. 1 once of blood lost will cause critical hemorrhaging and 2 ounces of blood loss will KILL a baby. Bloody diapers are common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I oppose piercing children's ears before they can consent to that, too.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Once again, I must ask you if find this in any way reasonable or logical. That the religious identity of random strangers in the street can only be determined by looking down his pants (or in those days ... up his dress)?

And does it not strike you as spectacularly weird that a religion so concerned with the avoidance of all things sexual, would then use the sex organ as advertising material? Why not a tattoo on the wrist? Or a special haircut?
Sikhs do a turban and a bracelet. Works for them. No one needs anything cut off...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget the dagger.
But do they all carry a dagger around with them? The turban and bracelet make them highly identifiable, is my point. Moreso than the state of their foreskin, I would suggest.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But do they all carry a dagger around with them? The turban and bracelet make them highly identifiable, is my point. Moreso than the state of their foreskin, I would suggest.
They are suposed to always carry a weapon with them. The kirpan is just the traditional and symbolic one. It is meant to represent their will to oppose evil and is not actually meant to be used as a weapon in a fight. There are even many places where bringing a kirpan is the only exception to a "no weapons allowed" rule.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They are suposed to always carry a weapon with them. The kirpan is just the traditional and symbolic one. It is meant to represent their will to oppose evil and is not actually meant to be used as a weapon in a fight. There are even many places where bringing a kirpan is the only exception to a "no weapons allowed" rule.
I know the dagger is symbolic to them, but I didn't know any more than that, so thanks for the info. As someone who always carries a weapon, I approve :)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And does it not strike you as spectacularly weird that a religion so concerned with the avoidance of all things sexual, would then use the sex organ as advertising material?
The "avoidance of all things sexual" is a gross perversion of the biblical faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 17:10-14English Standard Version (ESV)

"10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, 13 both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

According to the bible it's pretty clear why this started, Yahweh threatened to kill them if they refused to promise their lives to him and cutting their self to show. It was a sort of agreement to stay loyal to each other. God threatened to Kill Moses if he did not circumcise his son. God required that each person come into a covenant with him and if they did not enter into this covenant he would kill them. God even required that the slaves the Isrealites had purchased also be bound to this law.

It was not about health, it was a law binding people to serve Yahweh, sort of like the 10 Commandments to only serve him and no one else.

Considering that this is not how Christianity works anymore, I don't see why it's continued.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The "avoidance of all things sexual" is a gross perversion of the biblical faith.

No it isn't, Yahweh regularly killed people for having sex in the bible,, whether that be you burning your daughter alive or killing two men who had sex together.
Paul the apostle taught that it was best to not have sex but that's really hard, so you should get married which makes it really hard for people who can't find anyone who likes them.

It may not be a perfect interpretation but it's not gross.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yahweh regularly killed people for having sex in the bible,, whether that be you burning your daughter alive or killing two men who had sex together.
Hard on sex outside the covenant of heterosexual marriage - yes.
But all for and COMMANDING sex within heterosexual marriage.
Paul the apostle taught that it was best to not have sex but that's really hard,
That is part of the gross perversion I spoke of. Read the text. They always overlook the phrase "... in light of the current distress..." (1 cor 7.26) There was a persecution going on and Paul thought it better to not have a wife and family in that temporary situation. But the same mentality that ignores that also feels need to reverse the "command" and "concession" in verse 6 of that same chapter. The concession is the allowance of abstaining from sex for a given purpose. And the text is clear (in the Greek) it is to be a very limited time period (like only a week or 2).

But the anti-sex attitude of the early church fathers (influenced by the Greek Stoics and gnostics) twisted the interpretation of those scriptures.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hard on sex outside the covenant of heterosexual marriage - yes.
But all for and COMMANDING sex within heterosexual marriage.

That is part of the gross perversion I spoke of. Read the text. They always overlook the phrase "... in light of the current distress..." (1 cor 7.26) There was a persecution going on and Paul thought it better to not have a wife and family in that temporary situation. But the same mentality that ignores that also feels need to reverse the "command" and "concession" in verse 6 of that same chapter. The concession is the allowance of abstaining from sex for a given purpose. And the text is clear (in the Greek) it is to be a very limited time period (like only a week or 2).

But the anti-sex attitude of the early church fathers (influenced by the Greek Stoics and gnostics) twisted the interpretation of those scriptures.

He wasn't just hard on people.... he KILLED them, burned them alive, stoned them, hacked them to death...for having any other kind of sex except one kind, so there is no gross perversion. Gross is how they died.

You obviously need to re-read 1 Cor 7 Paul repeatedly exhorts them to celibacy for the cause of serving Christ in general, not just due to a local current crisis

v1 It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman

v7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

v8 Now to the and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do

v32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs how he can please the Lord

There is no misinterpretation, much less an obvious one.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You obviously need to re-read 1 Cor 7 Paul repeatedly exhorts them to celibacy for the cause of serving Christ in general, not just due to a local current crisis
I understood your interpretation very well and held it myself for years, before I realized it was entirely wrong.

Upvote 0