Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Oldwiseguy,

I'm with you really... I keep saying, my intent isn't to discredit the Bible... just get those who follow it blindly, or rather, those who blindly follow those who use the Bible as justification, to maybe think twice, here again, from my initial post...

Personally, I believe that the bible is a beautiful piece of allegorical prose, that explains the understandings of Judeo-Christian philosophy as it could be understood by the various authors within their local context of time and place. If the bible is an allegory written by humans trying to convey the spirit of their religion, then mistakes about specific scientific fact become perfectly understandable, and add to the humanity of the work. But if you INSIST that it is the word of God handed down on tablets of stone, well, then I have to ask why God doesn't seem to pay much attention to the specifics of His creation.

And Army-wise, what can I say? I have some cool photos from Iraq? Did you know that blood can REALLY flow in the streets?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LightHorseman said:
And Army-wise, what can I say? I have some cool photos from Iraq? Did you know that blood can REALLY flow in the streets?

My service was years ago, and fortunately I never saw such things. My nephew is serving in Afganistan until January. His whole attitude towards the military has changed from 'it's great' to, 'it sucks'.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
I already knew that the military sux, the only sort of employment that is worse is any other kind. And one thing I am rather pleased about, none of it was my blood in the streets. Well, not much of it anyway.

Better than standing by idle while despots rape and pillage their way through their populations though.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh come on. Everybody knows that a Magic Circle can be built by divine power which possesses a pi of 3. Because of its divinely incomprehensible geometry (which allows it to have a pi of 3), it is able to distort the spacetime around it so as to let a little of the future leak into the present. How do you think prophecies came about?

References:

Pratchett, T. Going Postal. (2004).

[This post is entirely tongue-in-cheek. If you don't get the reference, just ignore it.]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.