United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not suggesting.

Scripture addresses it.

Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
The Lord is just and won't send a person to hell who doesn't deserve to go to hell.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A denomination is made up of lots of people with lots of opinions. Just because a group within the denomination declares their denomination believes this or that doesn't mean the denomination believes this or that.

This is true.

I'm a non-denim but currently attend a Pentecostal church. I'm not the only one who doesn't stand by the interpretation that denomination have with tongues.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
We ALL deserve "hell."

There is only One God.

It doesn't always only mean the number.
Satan would like to torture us forever for a single sin, but Jesus saved us from that.

Reactions: Wordkeeper
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is true.

I'm a non-denim but currently attend a Pentecostal church. I'm not the only one who doesn't stand by the interpretation that denomination have with tongues.
I have to agree with you on that. Tongues!

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Then there are those of us who have been jarred out of slumber to be awoken by the Holy Spirit in truth.

True, but that's because you finally are doing what you were supposed to be doing the entire time you're at church. You're supposed to actually pay attention and actually care about the things they say, and ask questions, and actually be active in the kingdom. You were supposed to be reading your Word. You were supposed to be applying it, and yes killing flesh hurts, because its killing flesh. So well done, finally, congrats on actually starting to care about being an actual Christian.

It's like coming to school everyday sleeping in class, then waking up and finally acted like a student in the classroom and blaming the professor for you sleeping in class.That has little to do with the system, and everything to do with the person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, but that's because you finally are doing what you were supposed to be doing the entire time you're at church. You're supposed to actually pay attention and actually care about the things they say, and ask questions, and actually be active in the kingdom. You were supposed to be reading your Word. You were supposed to be applying it, and yes killing flesh hurts, because its killing flesh. So well done, finally, congrats on actually starting to care about being an actual Christian.

It's like coming to school everyday sleeping in class, then waking up and finally acted like a student in the classroom and blaming the professor for you sleeping in class.That has little to do with the system, and everything to do with the person.

This is 7 years in the making since the Lord opened my eyes. I was reading my bible and still do all the time. By the way I was doing what I was suppose to be doing as I was a leader in the church, preaching, pastoring. It was I could no longer sit by quietly and allow people to be deceived and be a part of that. So I was hardly sleeping in class.

Thanks for the encouragement though I guess.. :)

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me there are two groups of people. One looks for the perfect church. The other loves their church, and when they spot imperfections in their church, they try to correct them.

DreadNought, from day one there was imperfection in the Church by individuals, It began with Judas the Apostle the betrayer of Christ.

However, the Church itself is perfect in ALL It's teachings! If one chooses not to believe so, then why read the Bible, it was compiled by a Church, thee Church Founded on Rock. So yeah, it is good to Love this Church, and pray for those in Authority of This Church that are not perfect, for no one is, that is in His Church, thus why the Promise: "And The Gates of Hell shall not prevail over it".

PanDeVida,

Upvote 0