Church4U- what do you think?

What do you think of the name 'Church4U'?

• I hate it!

• I love it!

• it makes me feel included

• it sounds pushy

• it makes me want to do the phones4u hand gestures

• it sounds like a marketing ploy

• it sounds crass and cheesy

• it sounds like a website

• it sounds gimicky

• it doesnt sound like a long term project

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hexa

Jan 19, 2006
✟16,367.00
Faith
Protestant
Seems a feeble attempt at trying to make church appear to be "cool." From a Christian point of veiw I wouldnt go because it seems like they've spent too much time concentrating on the name rather then the important things, such as what the church believes in. Also the name doesnt give any indication to this (such as a Baptist church would ect).

From a mates none-Christian veiw its a feeble attempt at trying to make church cool and it wouldnt make him want to attend any more cause at the end of the day its still a church what ever its called.

I think its a good name for a mission week at a church but nothing more

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
InjuryLawyers4U. Yeah, I trust a company with that name.

Plus they do crazy adverts which I just don't understand. Why is that woman so angry and aggressive all the time?

Anyway, the topic. It sounds like too much of a website to me :sorry:

Upvote 0

Bonhoffer

Hoping......
Dec 17, 2003
Preston, Lancashire, UK
✟10,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hi folks,

the reason i am asking this is because i am part of a new church plant in a city that has been running for its first few weeks without a name. however at our last meeting the pastor said he is learning towards 'Church4u' because he believes it will speak strongly to the unchurched. I absolutely hate it! i'd be embarrassed even to mention the name to another Christian. i find it offensive.

i have been praying almost non-stop for this potential PR disaster to be averted. please anyone who hates the name, please pray for me!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't mince yer words love ;)
LOL. Wouldn't dream of doing such a thing ^_^

Actually, if I was going to start mincing (ooer, missus), it would be along the lines of how much of the "established church" has emasculated Christ & sanitised the Gospel over the years. If people could get past their preconceptions far enough to see the REAL Jesus (as evidenced in scripture), then we wouldn't need cheesy marketing ploys to try & make "church" exciting - the awesome wonder of the Creator of the Universe, who lived, died & rose again would be enough...That mincey enough for ya? :p

Upvote 0

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heh the local church just had a whole new sound system put in !
How can you knock that ;)

Ah, now I'm a sound-snob, so only the best will do in that department. Poor sound is a MAJOR distraction from worshipping my God :thumbsup:

Upvote 0