Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When explaining the incorruptible Church of the almighty God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, a Church which shall not fail, should the message of the 'divided Christ' (denominations) be introduced midway, or at some other point, or simply let the impressionable soul find out for himself in the 'growth' process?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There's a big chance people are going to notice it and bring it up from the get go. People have eyes and ears and it is hard to not notice all the different names of groups associated with Christians and Christianity.

I also am leery using words like incorruptible when divisions within Christendom obviously are an overt sign that people have not lived up to the ideal of being One in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
When explaining the incorruptible Church of the almighty God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, a Church which shall not fail, should the message of the 'divided Christ' (denominations) be introduced midway, or at some other point, or simply let the impressionable soul find out for himself in the 'growth' process?
Good question. The problem is, who will tell the "impressionable soul"? Do most people get saved within the denominational structure? If so, they are already undergoing denominational programming. I was not. I was in the Navy when I got saved. I traveled all over SE Asia. I went to whatever church I could find, apart from Anglican and Roman Catholic. I discovered that there were far fewer doctrinal differences compared to those that unite believers. Hence my disinterest in denominations generally.

I discovered that the most accurate doctrine does not always produce the most loving and caring fellowship. I overcame my anti Anglican bias eventually.

The truth is that the church is the Body of Christ and includes only those who are born again. There is the universal church and the local church. God sees no denominations. There is one church where I live, even though man made denominations exist. It's a tragedy, but obviously being "right" is far more important than unity, love and presenting a united front to the fallen world.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If I understand the Lord's church correctly division is a sin (1Cor. 1:10).

We are to walk by the same rule (Phil. 3:16-19).

TRUE or FALSE

Check Out:
Mission Printing Home Page

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I also am leery using words like incorruptible when divisions within Christendom obviously are an overt sign that people have not lived up to the ideal of being One in Christ.
Why be compelled as leery? Remember, ', , great is the mystery of Godliness" Are we the Church not of them who it is said, "We all stumble in many ways"? Yet by faith, know by His word the Church, while laiden with fault, will endure gloriously by His prophetic voice to expel any doubt whatsoever in our succeeding.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So, who is the Christian, but, ‘the Church of God at Corinth . . sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints,’ that they are in real, living union with the whole body of believers , , so that little community of Christians had its living bond of union with all the brethren in every place that called upon the name of Jesus Christ.

But what is it to call on the name of Jesus? , , To call on the name of Christ is to embrace in our faith and to beseech the exercise on our behalf of all which Jesus is as the Messiah, anointed by God with the fulness of the Spirit. As such He is the climax, and therefore the close of all revelation

In and on the name of the Lord we must call , , If ‘in every place’ we have Him as the object of our faith and desire, and as the Hearer of our petition, in ‘every place’ we shall have Him for our help, and all will be full of His bright presence; and though we have to journey through the wilderness we shall ever drink of that spiritual rock that will follow us, and that Rock is Christ. In every place call upon His name, and every place will be a house of God, and a gate of heaven to our waiting souls
.’ - MacLaren

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So, who is the Christian, but, ‘the Church of God at Corinth . . sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints,’ that they are in real, living union with the whole body of believers , , so that little community of Christians had its living bond of union with all the brethren in every place that called upon the name of Jesus Christ.

But what is it to call on the name of Jesus? , , To call on the name of Christ is to embrace in our faith and to beseech the exercise on our behalf of all which Jesus is as the Messiah, anointed by God with the fulness of the Spirit. As such He is the climax, and therefore the close of all revelation

In and on the name of the Lord we must call , , If ‘in every place’ we have Him as the object of our faith and desire, and as the Hearer of our petition, in ‘every place’ we shall have Him for our help, and all will be full of His bright presence; and though we have to journey through the wilderness we shall ever drink of that spiritual rock that will follow us, and that Rock is Christ. In every place call upon His name, and every place will be a house of God, and a gate of heaven to our waiting souls
.’ - MacLaren

How do we Call on the Lord?

How do we get "into Christ"?

Thanks

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How do we Call on the Lord?

How do we get "into Christ"?

Thanks
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you, , ,

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
(1 Corinthians 15:2, Romans 10:8-13)

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you, , ,

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
(1 Corinthians 15:2, Romans 10:8-13)
What about Repentance?

The verses you posted says nothing about repentance.

Must we repent to be saved?

And note that (Acts 3:19) says that our sins are not forgiven until after repentance.

Repent + Conversion = Blot out sins

Thanks

• Prayers
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What about Repentance?

The verses you posted says nothing about repentance.

Must we repent to be saved?

And note that (Acts 3:19) says that our sins are not forgiven until after repentance.

Repent + Conversion = Blot out sins

Thanks
'You may be surprised to learn the word repent in the Greek New Testament simply means to turn around. It was a military term that described a soldier marching in one direction and then doing an about-face. And when it’s used in a spiritual sense, it means to change your mind.

So really, repent is a perfect description of what happens when you come to Christ. You no longer reject Christ, but now you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God. You do a spiritual about-face, which in turn changes everything.'

I don't see where one can dispute 'confession with the mouth' and 'believing with the heart' isn't the beginning of our repentance.

• Agree
Upvote 0