• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Church Resuming?

Discussion in 'LCMS / WELS / ELS / LCC' started by Hope1960, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Hope1960

Hope1960 Active Member

+112
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Are any of your churches resuming worship in person soon? We’re going to have in person worship starting sometime in July. I’ve been antsy about getting back to church but now, on much of the news they’re saying that in places that have opened, Covid cases are rising again.
    We will still have the option of continuing to worship online. I think I’m going to go and see how things are done, while wearing a mask, and if it seems safe I’ll continue to go. If not, I’ll wait until it is.
    How about your churches?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. martin-luther2

martin-luther2 Member Supporter

+134
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No word yet in the church I had attended. I imagine they are waiting on word from ELCA. July I have heard speculated. [sorry...wrong subforum]

EDIT: 2:18 If I were in charge I would start having services in the parking lot so you can have social distancing. That's easy for us. 25-30 attendees. I've heard LCMS has been meeting regularly through the covid thing.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  3. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞Steadfast Lutheran, Messianic leaning ✡ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+3,491
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, against synod's recommendations we resumed on June 7th with very strict social distancing, masks, and a altered service to limit contact, no communion, and no singing. We have elected to remain at home for a few more weeks to see how things progress.

4. Hope1960

Hope1960 Active Member

+112
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Mine said that they discussed it with the experts and they feel ready to open soon. I’m not as optimistic. I read today that we’re still in the first Covid phase, not second.

5. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  6. LizaMarie

LizaMarie Newbie

+435
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ours has- with restrictions( must wear mask no hugging/handshaking/social distancing/certain pews tapes off. No congregating post service in the Narthex must go outdoors, no after church coffee, and no Bible Study. We had communion but it was set up in our pews- we didn't go up to the rail like normal.

7. Tigger45

Tigger45 Holy family & sojourners Supporter

+9,495
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Our first service will be by lottery to control the numbers in attendance and after that those who haven’t already attended will get first crack in subsequent lotteries.

8. Hope1960

Hope1960 Active Member

+112
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    We received email about our first months services. They’re only admitting a certain number in and you have to buy free tix online till they sell out.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+9,339
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Our church just opened two weeks ago and while there are restrictions,no coffee and
    donuts downstairs,no kids programs,masks worn in foyer,etc,Its so great being back I dont even mind.

10. Hope1960

Hope1960 Active Member

+112
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    I guess we won’t be having coffee (or in my case, tea) and donuts anymore. I’ll miss that.

11. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,594
    Non-Denom
    Ha....sounds funny to see the word lottery attached to church attendance but sounds like a good system.

12. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,594
    Non-Denom
    In my region government has said they approve of Churches going back but with a 30% in a meeting based on seating capacity of the pews.

We had been doing car meetings in a farmers field with the government's permission right distance between cars and everything else and they took the issue to the people and for now everyone still likes the outdoor meeting idea. Not only just because of the covid but....it's just nice to be outside. So even though we could use the church building idea, we're not.

13. Hope1960

Hope1960 Active Member

+112
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    I wouldn’t mind being outside if it wasn’t usually so hot and humid here, this time of year.

14. JM

JM Orthodox Protestant Supporter

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    I'm not a member but the local LCMS has resumed their Lord's Day worship. The government mandated a 30% max capacity for Sunday morning worship after a bunch of Baptist and Reformed churches put together a lawsuit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+9,339
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I miss it too,we cannot even go in the downstairs part of the church so it wont have to be disinfected.