Church Invasions: A Fad Of The Future

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of the issues of having a central location that can be targeted.

“Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”

“If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it.”

Sun Tzu - The Art of War.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well yes : )

Your post reminds me of another vision from several years ago, and it relates to this thread in that it predicted the brick and mortar church, i.e. the fleshly church would eventually suffer serious attack from the enemy, but that those who are Spirit-led would be able to escape it.

Hi HIH,

I actually grew up with the prophetic, `50`s, on wards and the mark of those were of Christ. I don`t go on the `vision` type ones as to me they are more someone`s imagination. Like Rick Joyner etc.

`The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.` (Rev. 19: 10)

Scripture says it all - "I will build my church, (called out ones) and the gates, (authority) of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matt. 16: 18)

So I`m not `running` anywhere, but standing for the truths of Christ, His character and His purposes. And believing that the Lord the Head of His body is completing the work He had begun over 2,000 years ago, maturing believers across the centuries and across the world.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2:17

• Agree
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2:17

Yes and they need to be of Christ, His character and His purposes.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes and they need to be of Christ, His character and His purposes.

I was going to post the same thing Tturt did, Marilyn. Certainly we don't want to receive just any old thing that doesn't witness to the Spirit, but I believe we are already in the days when Joel 2:28 is starting to be fulfilled, and have been for the better part of 50 years now. A whole host of very powerful visions were given during the 70s and to numerous people.

As for how imaginative many of the visions are, I recall Rick Joyner commenting on that one time, and how the reason they can seem imaginative is because God Himself is highly creative. He is our Creator after all, and loves to create. I personally believe that to be the truth, and I think the creativity found in imagery like what is used Revelations and in the Parables is just wonderful, and it leads us to think creatively as He does in order to understand them as well.

I know what you mean, but I think the imaginativeness is there for a reason. Our God is a Creator and always will Be.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was going to post the same thing Tturt did, Marilyn. Certainly we don't want to receive just any old thing that doesn't witness to the Spirit, but I believe we are already in the days when Joel 2:28 is starting to be fulfilled, and have been for the better part of 50 years now. A whole host of very powerful visions were given during the 70s and to numerous people.

As for how imaginative many of the visions are, I recall Rick Joyner commenting on that one time, and how the reason they can seem imaginative is because God Himself is highly creative. He is our Creator after all, and loves to create. I personally believe that to be the truth, and I think the creativity found in imagery like what is used Revelations and in the Parables is just wonderful, and it leads us to think creatively as He does in order to understand them as well.

I know what you mean, but I think the imaginativeness is there for a reason. Our God is a Creator and always will Be.

I agree that people do see visions and dreams from God, and can be creative, however it is the content that I am referring to. I have read a lot of Rick Joyner over the years and it doesn`t ring true.

Maybe you would like to post one (of Ricks) that you think is true?

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that people do see visions and dreams from God, and can be creative, however it is the content that I am referring to. I have read a lot of Rick Joyner over the years and it doesn`t ring true.

Maybe you would like to post one (of Ricks) that you think is true?

There would be kind of a lot there, and I'm not sure where I'd start...

I would likely start with the opening to Final Quest, an extended vision on how a time was coming when the body of Christ would be attacked from within by the enemy, and how he would use Christians to attack one another as part of a massive divide and conquer campaign. That one has become increasingly true over the past few decades especially, as is especially evident on the forums, but also in the churches. If you view old threads from like 20 years ago, most discussions were astonishingly less divisive, and more polite and even more informative on many occasions. Granted, this forum here is more tightly regulated now, but that was not the case five years ago, and here just like everywhere else it was like walking through Hell by comparison because that vision came true.

But that one is extensive, and too much to cover if I simply posted the whole thing...

I post on a number of his visions and prophecies often, so maybe let's just keep going that way. Something will inevitably come up. That seems easier, and I tend to be very topic-focused and purposeful on what I post.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There would be kind of a lot there, and I'm not sure where I'd start...

I would likely start with the opening to Final Quest, an extended vision on how a time was coming when the body of Christ would be attacked from within by the enemy, and how he would use Christians to attack one another as part of a massive divide and conquer campaign. That one has become increasingly true over the past few decades especially, as is especially evident on the forums, but also in the churches. If you view old threads from like 20 years ago, most discussions were astonishingly less divisive, and more polite and even more informative on many occasions. Granted, this forum here is more tightly regulated now, but that was not the case five years ago, and here just like everywhere else it was like walking through Hell by comparison because that vision came true.

But that one is extensive, and too much to cover if I simply posted the whole thing...

I post on a number of his visions and prophecies often, so maybe let's just keep going that way. Something will inevitably come up. That seems easier, and I tend to be very topic-focused and purposeful on what I post.

I think I have read that years ago. It was in a book form. Now I will say that I believe that Rick along with others `see` what they think is the coming situation in the church, (system) and thus write about it in a pictorial way. However I believe they only see part of the picture.

You see that `being attacked from within,` started way back in the early Body of Christ and has continued down through the centuries. The apostle Paul told the Ephesians -

`For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock.....for I know this, after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among your selves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.` (Acts 20: 27 - 30)

As to being more `divisive` now than years ago, well I don`t think you would remember the Pentecostal and Charismatic moves of God. They were horrendous - believers stood down from positions, not wanted in fellowships, unbelievers trying to burn down Crusade tents etc etc. I have lived through that time.

Every move of the Holy Spirit over the centuries has brought martyrs of the faith, even Baptists were shunned, and so on. What is happening is that as truths are being clarified by the Holy Spirit across the Body, a few receive it, they are shunned, maligned, etc, and then after a while received. This has gone on since the early Church as can be seen by what Paul said.

The whole counsel of God was preached by Paul, but then errors came in. I will post the decline and then the restoration of truth. We today have most truths and don`t always realise that people had to stand for some of those with their very lives.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does the Body of Christ Mature.

The Apostle Paul gave the early disciples the whole counsel of God. They were taught the full revelation of Christ, His character and His purposes.

`For I (Paul) have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.` (Acts 20: 27)

Here is a summary of the main truths, then the errors that came in and finally the restoring of those truths through the centuries.

1. Ministry gifts (Eph. 4: 11) - Bishops were substituted. (AD 110)

2. Holy Spirit infilling and gifts - Formalisation of worship. (3rd C)

3. Holiness - Amalgamation of Church and State. (AD 323)

4. Baptism for believers - Infant Sprinkling. (6th C)

5. Justification by Faith - Penance Indulgence. (AD 1063 / Dark Ages)

6. Reformation, Lutheran - Justification by Faith. (1517)

7. Baptist - Full Immersion. (1608)

8. Methodist - Holiness. (1738)

9. Pentecostal - Indwelling of the Holy Spirit. (1906)

10. Apostolic - Christ`s ministries (Eph. 4: 11) (1916) & the Eternal Purposes.

Christ`s ministries, (apostle, prophet, teacher, pastor, evangelist) develop the believers and the whole Body into spiritual maturity and understanding. They stimulate the perfecting of the `Christ life` and promote the function and ministry of each member in the Body.

When Christ ascended `He gave some (people) to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ,

Till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ......may grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ.` (Eph. 4: 11 - 15)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hidden in Him, thanks for the OP. Continuing to ask the Lord for protection, wisdom and guidance.

Wonder what the reaction would be if the congregation stood and began to praise and worship the Lord. Not a volume contest but asking the Lord to reveal His love.

But more important, has God given His wisdom on how to proceed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums