Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
To point out that bleach itself isn't the culprit but rather the concentration of bleach is the problem here. People use bleach all the time to wash and clean and sanitize things with little to no harm whatsoever.
We have too many people that don't have the common sense to research things and may decide that they should ban all bleach products form use because of articles like this. Lots of stupid people in the world these days, lazily stupid IMO.
Has anyone been calling for the banning of all bleach products? I hadn't heard.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It will cure all of those things, 100%.

With certain death.

Augh, I'm having flashbacks to a certain 'salty cabbage-water' - I honestly don't know how people come to these insane conclusions. Even supposed world leaders are guilty of it.

Scary. REALLY scary - and people listen!

But the vaccine is too dangerous, so drink bleach instead. This bleach thing has been around for a long time. Some people have long believed they can bleach autism out of kids.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually it is known that you can put a few drops of bleach in water to kill pathogens in it and need to wait about an hour before drinking it. Does that make it bleach water?
Emergency Disinfection of Drinking Water | US EPA

Chlorine dissipates when exposed to air over time, hence the waiting an hour. However, their solution is likely a much higher strength and not exposed to air.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Australian chapter of the US church Genesis II ‘healing church’, led by a US pastor has been fined for selling bleach for drinking saying:

ït is a Miracle Mineral Solution that can cure autism, acne, cancer, diabetes and COVID-19

The USA pastor of the church wrote to Donald Trump days before the President's announcement stating "chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes is a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

Australian arm of group that wrote to Trump peddling bleach as coronavirus cure fined $150,000

Church in Australia selling bleach as a coronavirus treatment fined $151,200 - ABC News

Australia church fined for selling bleach as COVID-19 cure

I keep telling you...it's a strong spiritual delusion by a lying spirit, such as spoken of in 2 Chronicles and Romans 1. If people have no intention of responding to the truth, turning themselves around if necessary and going in a different direction, then God will give them the lie that they want to hear.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it is known that you can put a few drops of bleach in water to kill pathogens in it and need to wait about an hour before drinking it. Does that make it bleach water?
Emergency Disinfection of Drinking Water | US EPA

You're just attempting to pose a distraction to the debate. What you said has absolutely nothing to do with the claim by this pastor that bleach "can cure autism, acne, cancer, diabetes and COVID-19."

For that matter, a shot of Jack Daniels in the water will also kill pathogens in it--no waiting even necessary, if you don't mind the buzz. And that also does not mean Jack Daniels can cure autism, acne, cancer, diabetes and COVID-19.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Chlorine dissipates when exposed to air over time, hence the waiting an hour. However, their solution is likely a much higher strength and not exposed to air.
That would be an obvious conclusion and even if not shielded from air a high enough concentration would take a lot longer to dissipate and too high of a concentration may not dissipate to safe levels regardless of time involved.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
You're just attempting to pose a distraction to the debate. What you said has absolutely nothing to do with the claim by this pastor that bleach "can cure autism, acne, cancer, diabetes and COVID-19."

For that matter, a shot of Jack Daniels in the water will also kill pathogens in it--no waiting even necessary, if you don't mind the buzz. And that also does not mean Jack Daniels can cure autism, acne, cancer, diabetes and COVID-19.
my comment was not a distraction except to the people who were looking for a "gotcha". It was merely a statement and nothing else. I never claimed this is what the pastor was about merely was saying that there is a use for bleach that can be lifesaving. If you were stranded with no fresh water and had some bleach you would be able to survive in that extent. So in other words it can CURE death by dehydration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Pretty sure these things just pop up to slander religion/Christianity in general. There are some preposterous events in history that have happened, far beyond common sense.
"Just" for that? No. It pops up because humans are stupid. And, theists aren't exempt from it.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Pretty sure these things just pop up to slander religion/Christianity in general. There are some preposterous events in history that have happened, far beyond common sense.

Religious charlatans have been around for as long as the Church has (c.f. Simon Magus). And many such charlatans have arisen from among the ranks of the Faithful since that time as well, hence the apostolic injunction to avoid false teaching, flee from false teachers, and to hold firm and fast to the teaching which has been received from the beginning.

Nobody is slandering Christianity or religion in general.

But people are rightfully outraged by a charlatan telling people to drink poison as some kind of divine panacea.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Astroqualia
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Using bleach is a wonderful cure for limescale. Pour it down the toilet and the next day you will find it has never looked so clean and bright!

I've never considered putting bleach in my mouth! Perhaps it is the thought of it tasting horribly unpleasant, probably inducing respiratory failure and causing poisoning, burning my oesophagus and stomach, bleeding and haemodynamic shock.

If you are a Christian who believes that drinking bleach is a good idea, then let me assure you with absolute certainty that you will not be spending the rest of the evening praising God, but most likely you will be spending it semi comatosed in a resus bay at your local accident and emergency department or in ITU.

You cannot cure coronavirus by drinking bleach, in the same way that throwing water on a burning chip pan will not put out a fire.

The cure for stupidity is to be properly educated.

• Agree
Reactions: Astroqualia
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my comment was not a distraction except to the people who were looking for a "gotcha". It was merely a statement and nothing else. I never claimed this is what the pastor was about merely was saying that there is a use for bleach that can be lifesaving. If you were stranded with no fresh water and had some bleach you would be able to survive in that extent. So in other words it can CURE death by dehydration.

Which had nothing pertinent to do with the discussion at hand, hence, an attempt at distraction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I drink JD and do not have autism, acne, cancer, diabetes or COVID-19. Does that mean it's preventative medicine? o_O

Upvote 0