JoJo50

Trying to do Jehovah's will
Mar 7, 2011
✟7,983.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Private

that question should be directed to Jws., others will say what they believe or think they know. of course many will come with the attitude of what one seem to be fishing for, which isn't of God...or Jesus. many have said to me, i know Jesus didn't say he was born 12-25. but the reason we do it, is because it's for the children. or..it's when we all gather, and show love to our fellow man. my question is, then you're following satan, through man. so it's ok to teach Jesus born on this day,even though he didn't teach it?

Jesus showed how many claim to follow him, but isn't really trying. he even calls them hypcrites,(Mark 7:6,7 -He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men). Research shows the origins of christmas. And many are taking pagan customs, replacing it with the name Jesus. Meaning it’s ALL about him.

Funny, the Israelites did the same thing after leaving Egypt. They long for a certain celebration. Thinking they could keep it by claiming it’s a celebration for the true God. they were wrong, because they were punished. Many focus on ONLY jws, when concerning many things. When non-witnesses also don't do x-mas. Because they too know this isn’t what Jesus or his Father approved.

If a child receives something, at least monthly. they wouldn’t feel the need for Christmas day, From experience I know. When my kids were small, I KNEW I was doing right by Jesus and his Father. But I wasn’t sure if my kids really understood. Though they always got something when I went shopping, even if it was small. Until, (at different times of course), my kids came to me saying their friends said. "I wish I had your mom", we only get toys on Christmas".

All I could say was thank you Jehovah! Truly speaking, it’s most of the adults who’s ALL into it. Sadly we teach our kids not to lie, (because we’re such “christians)” yet we lie and say some stranger in 24 hours goes over the earth delivery toys. Besides not wanting to be a hypocrite to my kids. I didn’t want them to believe that lie. What also made me decide not to celebrate it. Was seeing kids ask “santa” to bring back their dead love one. That touched me dearly, thinking, that’s enough!

God’s word shows IF we CLAIM to be followers of Jesus, we shouldn’t be doing what the world does. If we do, we’re enemies of God, (1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world).

Many refuse to heed God’s word, simply because of selfishness. Yet trying to justify it by saying in around-a-bout way, it’s about Jesus. He never told us to remember his birth. and he most definitely didn’t teach anything dealing with wreaths, a tree, a fat man in a red suit, and a reindeer. Many hate the truth, but satan is so happy many have something negative to say against those who choose NOT to do it.

Satan is also happy because those who are, ISN’T pleasing Jesus, nor his Father. Even the ministers are doing it. Sorry, but these aren’t men of God. Those who approve of this are sent by satan ,(2Cor.-11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

I don’t mean to offend those who are related to them. But if anyone is more important to one than Jesus and his teachings, Than maybe one is serving the wrong “god“. if Jesus didn’t teach it, we shouldn’t be following it, (Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple).

I don't care what anyone thinks of me, including family. Because I know from Jesus word, he won’t go to his Father for me. If I’m all about pleasing or following imperfect humans. As I tell many, I might not be favored in Jehovah and Jesus eyes. But if I get destroyed, it won’t be because I want to be accepted. Or fear what others might do or say.
peace :)

Upvote 0

The Gnostic

Oct 20, 2011
Sin city
✟15,435.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a long tradition to Christians and being a Gnostic I try to respect all faiths but am drawn to Hinduism,Judaism and Christianity.I personally think God could care less what you celebrate but is more concern for the reason behind the celebration.

Merry Christian,Happy Hanakka and happy winter solstic feast for all you pagans as well.

Upvote 0