Christmas memories/movies/ carols

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Make sure it's not the baby Jesus your throwing out with that water.:)
Jesus grew up. ;-)

Xmas to me is a curse word... Christmas on the other hand is a blessed word!
They're both curse words for people who've worked in retail. The upper managements are apathetic to whether or not people use either, they just want people to talk about Xmas and buy stuff. I don't see why Christians don't take a stand against consumer culture infiltrating Christianity (cf. Mark 11:15) and care so much about whether Xmas is used as an abbreviation which uses the Greek "Chi" "X" in substitute of "Christ"...

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was a young woman I would work as a package wrapper at a fine clothing store in the town I grew up in. It was great fun for me and I really learned how to wrap packages nicely! And as Dec. 25 grew closer we got busier and busier.
We worked hard but we enjoyed it. I don't understand why people hate it now. I guess the world has changed. I loved seeing the look on people's faces when I did a really nice job on their gift. Made me want to work even harder. Simple things were nice.
Merry Christmas!
julgran.gif

Upvote 0

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
zippy, you're right, and simple things should st ill make a difference.
I just did some goodwill this evening by going around all the neighbours on my block with a box of leberchocken and singing carols, most of those who answered the door were happy to see me.

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When I was a young woman I would work as a package wrapper at a fine clothing store in the town I grew up in. It was great fun for me and I really learned how to wrap packages nicely! And as Dec. 25 grew closer we got busier and busier.
We worked hard but we enjoyed it. I don't understand why people hate it now. I guess the world has changed. I loved seeing the look on people's faces when I did a really nice job on their gift. Made me want to work even harder. Simple things were nice.
Merry Christmas!
julgran.gif
Awww I loved retail in my early twenties for that reason too! Put me in the spirit.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hmm...Best Christmas...they've all been good ...umm...well I can't remember anything in particular at the moment...but it was really really really fun when I still believed in Santa! Santa came Christmas eve at my granny's and a adult would say ..I think Santa is gonna be around soon, we better go for a drive so he can come. So an adult would take the children to look at Christmas lights...and then we'd come back and thered be a gazillion gifts...and really cool stocking stuff..my brother n I were ridiculously spoiled. But even after I grew up...Christmas was still fun. The aunts get really boozed up and everyone is laughing really loud...everyone is dressed so nice..and lots of hugs and warmth and good food. When I was little the little cousins and I would watch Christmas classic cartoons..and then nickolodean afterwords. Ohh and one time we had Christmas at our house...and I woke up n my dad was eating all Santa's cookies...I began questioning Santa around that point. What gave it away is I was in bed day before we were leaving for Christmas to granny's..and I see both parents walking past our bedrooms holding huge trash bags coming from their bedroom...then the next day in the car I look behind me and see those trash bags...and well there ya go...figured it out at that moment. I was sad. But I already had hunches. [emoji14]

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was in second grade a little red-headed boy named Billy told me there was no Santa. I was so mad I punched him in the nose. (This was 1959 or so-back when adults didn't get hysterical about such things). I did have to go to the principals office and the principal was very understanding as to the reason I punched him! LOL But he said he had to tell my folks and I said ok.
So we told my folks and on the way home from school that day I told my parents not to tell my older brother (he was 15) that there was no Santa because 'he still believes'. Course, my parents cracked up over that. And Billy? He had a crush on me until I moved away in 1965. Guess he liked my spirit!
Merry Christmas
Zippy2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the grinch represents people who can't stand christmas and hate all the music and happiness of it
Ah but Bethany the Grinche was ungrinched by the Whos that he knew - because they were faithful and true.
><> Jingle bells, jingle bells in the jungle dells :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm avoiding purchasing anything at all. Retail staff may feel one less burdening customer.
Aelred your view is a bit extreme but it's not only my grinchiness that makes me lean your way. The spirit of this world would always and ever want to replace holiness with hecticness. Cards, decorations, presents yes but always as an adornment to the glory and wonder of the incarnated Christ. Taking a stand is not easy in the face of the world's fairy lights tsunami.
><> jingle bells, jingle bells hear the cash tills ring :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yo Bethany I see your green light. What are you on about --'original---- Jim Carrey'? :scratch:
In the Jim Carrey 90s version of ThE Grinch they added a lot of back story about why he hated the Hoos that wasn't there in Dr Seuss or the animated version

Upvote 0