Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mayflower! Thank you, I responded to in the RPG. I took a couple of days off and my wife and I did some work around the house.

Thank you for always reaching out to me especially if I appear to go distant. It's nice having a friend like you and I hope we get more friends like that here on CF. I didn't realize you were from Indiana; I have an acquaintance who used to work with me who went down to Divine Mercy University to get her masters and now her doctorate in counseling. She is from Indiana also. Many blessings on you, your husband, your family. :)

That is awesome! It would be nice to have more writer friends on here. I really like the direction of our story and what the last one was like.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is awesome! It would be nice to have more writer friends on here. I really like the direction of our story and what the last one was like.

Hi Mayflower! I apologize for the hiatus on our campfire story. I actually like that terminology a lot.

Yes, I wish there really were more writers and friends on here. We could write our own stories together; togetherness and planning together. And friendly disagreements and fights in plotting if they exist; ideas that come to the mind and need to be written down. We probably won't meet each other this side of eternity, but through story and the written word - connected not by empty feelings but by Christ Jesus who is our Savior.

In light of that, I'd like to know if the original individuals who started this portion of the Christian forums are still around. Certainly, they would be the first people to tap to get the energy going here again.

In terms of our story, I think I definitely do need to plot with you if that's okay how to proceed forward. Specific enough so I know where we're headed, but generic enough to give each other freedom.

By the way, I had never considered the Holy Spirit's aspect in feminine terms. [In reference to our scene with the Holy Spirit portrayed as a woman.] Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing anything bad out. Sometimes I wonder if my lonely feelings in my heart really just isn't God saying 'Come here, I am your Father, Jesus is your brother, the Holy Spirit has some of the feminine qualities that you look for in a friend.' It's probably a silly idea on my part. :)

I hope you are having a great day and I agree with you - there are other friends here in the Christian RPG forum that I would like to greet one day.

• Winner
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mayflower! I apologize for the hiatus on our campfire story. I actually like that terminology a lot.

Yes, I wish there really were more writers and friends on here. We could write our own stories together; togetherness and planning together. And friendly disagreements and fights in plotting if they exist; ideas that come to the mind and need to be written down. We probably won't meet each other this side of eternity, but through story and the written word - connected not by empty feelings but by Christ Jesus who is our Savior.

In light of that, I'd like to know if the original individuals who started this portion of the Christian forums are still around. Certainly, they would be the first people to tap to get the energy going here again.

In terms of our story, I think I definitely do need to plot with you if that's okay how to proceed forward. Specific enough so I know where we're headed, but generic enough to give each other freedom.

By the way, I had never considered the Holy Spirit's aspect in feminine terms. [In reference to our scene with the Holy Spirit portrayed as a woman.] Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing anything bad out. Sometimes I wonder if my lonely feelings in my heart really just isn't God saying 'Come here, I am your Father, Jesus is your brother, the Holy Spirit has some of the feminine qualities that you look for in a friend.' It's probably a silly idea on my part. :)

I hope you are having a great day and I agree with you - there are other friends here in the Christian RPG forum that I would like to greet one day.

I understand. Holy Spirit is Spirit. I do refer to Holy Spirit as Him, in prayer and things, but for here, I guess I was thinking more "gentle dove," or "breath of life." I'm not sure honestly what form Holy Spirit takes. I just know He lives in me and am so thankful for that. I can always go back and edit to a male though if that would be better. Or completely redo that part. I understand it is important to be careful when referring to God almighty.

I think in my dreams and things, Holy Spirit has been a woman. But I'm not sure about any of that anymore. I'll honestly need to study that a bit. Word says who God is. Not dreams... But as far as representation, Idk. The Shack is one of the most powerful movies I have seen and Holy Spirit is represented as a woman. I was wondering how others would feel about that.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand. Holy Spirit is Spirit. I do refer to Holy Spirit as Him, in prayer and things, but for here, I guess I was thinking more "gentle dove," or "breath of life." I'm not sure honestly what form Holy Spirit takes. I just know He lives in me and am so thankful for that. I can always go back and edit to a male though if that would be better. Or completely redo that part. I understand it is important to be careful when referring to God almighty.

I think in my dreams and things, Holy Spirit has been a woman. But I'm not sure about any of that anymore. I'll honestly need to study that a bit. Word says who God is. Not dreams... But as far as representation, Idk. The Shack is one of the most powerful movies I have seen and Holy Spirit is represented as a woman. I was wondering how others would feel about that.

Oh no, I wasn't trying to be negative about it. I quite enjoyed it and wondered why I didn't explore the scene a little more.

Let me put it this way: one day someone told me I needed Mary for my Mother because I work in a Catholic place. Well, aside from the fact I don't believe in Marian devotion and am fairly Bible based - I did say this -

Can Mary be my sister? I got a lot of flak for saying that, she has to be our mother, etc. etc. So my response was this: I'd consider being Catholic if she would be my sister. Otherwise, I don't need a mother. I had a very good earthly mother and she took care of me when I needed it. If, however, Mary could be a sister - that would be something to consider!

I guess I gave that answer a little tongue in cheek; the point is, if God made both male and female - than He must have both of those qualities in Him somehow.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh no, I wasn't trying to be negative about it. I quite enjoyed it and wondered why I didn't explore the scene a little more.

Let me put it this way: one day someone told me I needed Mary for my Mother because I work in a Catholic place. Well, aside from the fact I don't believe in Marian devotion and am fairly Bible based - I did say this -

Can Mary be my sister? I got a lot of flak for saying that, she has to be our mother, etc. etc. So my response was this: I'd consider being Catholic if she would be my sister. Otherwise, I don't need a mother. I had a very good earthly mother and she took care of me when I needed it. If, however, Mary could be a sister - that would be something to consider!

I guess I gave that answer a little tongue in cheek; the point is, if God made both male and female - than He must have both of those qualities in Him somehow.

Yes and I agree with this. Though for Christ, I would never imagine Him taking the form of a woman like I have for Holy Spirit. So that is something to think about. But I went and changed all the female to male pronouns. I think men can have motherly qualities also. That is okay. Men do not have to be women. I think it was something good to think about. :)

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes and I agree with this. Though for Christ, I would never imagine Him taking the form of a woman like I have for Holy Spirit. So that is something to think about. But I went and changed all the female to male pronouns. I think men can have motherly qualities also. That is okay. Men do not have to be women. I think it was something good to think about. :)

I have also written to Sojourner1 who I think was the one who started this corner of the world to see if he/she is still around and would help promote this area of CF. I'll let you know, I hope you don't mind - I said Mayflower and I have completed one RPG and working on another one. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have also written to Sojourner1 who I think was the one who started this corner of the world to see if he/she is still around and would help promote this area of CF. I'll let you know, I hope you don't mind - I said Mayflower and I have completed one RPG and working on another one. :)

That would be pretty awesome. I think I'm up to trying this writing world again.... I think it can be a ministry with the right focus. The planning part is what I've never been good at, because I just write. LOL. But guidelines are good. :)

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be pretty awesome. I think I'm up to trying this writing world again.... I think it can be a ministry with the right focus. The planning part is what I've never been good at, because I just write. LOL. But guidelines are good. :)

Oh I understand, but you did awesome with the Christmas story. You did give us an outline, remember? And we followed it to completion. One of those once in a life time RPGs and probably the only one I ever finished. :)

You talk about the shack A LOT! Which is a good thing, I guess I should watch the movie? Out of curiosity, do you have ROKU or a way to stream movies onto the big screen? Because if you do, have you ever heard of Redeem TV? They are awesome Christian tv channel; and it's FREE. No obligation. Free! They got TONS of Torchlighters cartoons on there about the lives of past saints; they always make me cry. My favorites are John Wesley, Eric Lidell. But they are all good including Gladys Aylward.

Anyway, I just thought it might be something you and your family might enjoy if you didn't know about it already. The beginning sequence of Torchlighters always makes me cry; they usually have a segment of the show along with this opening credits of a candle and artistic circle light thingy surrounding it with heart penetrating music. I know ... I'm CORNY! [links: RedeemTV: Streaming Goodness / Torchlighters: The John Wesley Story (2014) | Full Movie | Alison Pettitt | David Thorpe - YouTube)

Sorry for going on that rant, but I wanted to share with YOU and I got excited.

Oh, good for the imagination too. :)

OH - my favorite on John Wesley is when he says: Oh no, Charles - your sick unto death! I'm coming brother! (that was a FUNNY scene!)

Oh, and Richard Wurmbrand Torchlighters is good.

Oh, and someone SHOOT ME NOW. I'm so ecstatic and I DON'T have a clue why!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I understand, but you did awesome with the Christmas story. You did give us an outline, remember? And we followed it to completion. One of those once in a life time RPGs and probably the only one I ever finished. :)

You talk about the shack A LOT! Which is a good thing, I guess I should watch the movie? Out of curiosity, do you have ROKU or a way to stream movies onto the big screen? Because if you do, have you ever heard of Redeem TV? They are awesome Christian tv channel; and it's FREE. No obligation. Free! They got TONS of Torchlighters cartoons on there about the lives of past saints; they always make me cry. My favorites are John Wesley, Eric Lidell. But they are all good including Gladys Aylward.

Anyway, I just thought it might be something you and your family might enjoy if you didn't know about it already. The beginning sequence of Torchlighters always makes me cry; they usually have a segment of the show along with this opening credits of a candle and artistic circle light thingy surrounding it with heart penetrating music. I know ... I'm CORNY! [links: RedeemTV: Streaming Goodness / Torchlighters: The John Wesley Story (2014) | Full Movie | Alison Pettitt | David Thorpe - YouTube)

Sorry for going on that rant, but I wanted to share with YOU and I got excited.

Oh, good for the imagination too. :)

OH - my favorite on John Wesley is when he says: Oh no, Charles - your sick unto death! I'm coming brother! (that was a FUNNY scene!)

Oh, and Richard Wurmbrand Torchlighters is good.

Oh, and someone SHOOT ME NOW. I'm so ecstatic and I DON'T have a clue why!

Well Christian fellowship can be like that. :D

Our school has tv cast. It might be something to look into it. Once these kids get tired of Pbs, we will have to brainstorm. :D

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well Christian fellowship can be like that. :D

Our school has tv cast. It might be something to look into it. Once these kids get tired of Pbs, we will have to brainstorm. :D

I've never felt that before. I really thought I was being filled with the Holy Ghost. I will write to you more later. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never felt that before. I really thought I was being filled with the Holy Ghost. I will write to you more later. :)

Well awesome. There are just some times where you feel the power in God's presence and it is wonderful. Many, many times do I feel spirit filled, but even when the feeling is not there, I know God is always with us and working. It is just wonderful. :clap:

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well awesome. There are just some times where you feel the power in God's presence and it is wonderful. Many, many times do I feel spirit filled, but even when the feeling is not there, I know God is always with us and working. It is just wonderful. :clap:

Yes, but for an ol' Baptist like me to feel something like that is different shall we say? Does God sometimes come upon us unexpectedly like that?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but for an ol' Baptist like me to feel something like that is different shall we say? Does God sometimes come upon us unexpectedly like that?

I think it depends on the individual. :) I know one thing. When I got passionate about the Lord and His Word, and speak His Word out, then I get joy in my spirit.

Psalm 16:11

You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like sojourner was last seen July of 2020

In your opinion, do you think I should contact a higher moderator regarding this corner of the world and ask if perhaps we can lead it?

I only hesitate because it could be a lot of responsibility and time which I may not have. But still, I'd love to have a Christian RPG section. On the other hand - if it gets out of control - then what?

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like sojourner was last seen July of 2020

#2 - The other thing is that I see a whole forum in this section on characters that other people created and it looks like there's a solid number of people in there; that seems to tell me there initially was interest.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion, do you think I should contact a higher moderator regarding this corner of the world and ask if perhaps we can lead it?

I only hesitate because it could be a lot of responsibility and time which I may not have. But still, I'd love to have a Christian RPG section. On the other hand - if it gets out of control - then what?

I think it is unneeded anxiety. :) It is just the two of us right now I can see in this area. When more come and if there starts to become issues, we can report then and take it from there. I trust if something bugs you while writing we can discuss it civily to change.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#2 - The other thing is that I see a whole forum in this section on characters that other people created and it looks like there's a solid number of people in there; that seems to tell me there initially was interest.

There was... I always wrote on another Christian rpg site that no longer exists. So I was never active on here much to know what happened. I know life gets busy. And honestly, story writing takes a lot of time. It is why I personally like short stories with meaningful points.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is unneeded anxiety. :) It is just the two of us right now I can see in this area. When more come and if there starts to become issues, we can report then and take it from there. I trust if something bugs you while writing we can discuss it civily to change.

That's good; I was just wondering if we could somehow get the word out there that we're here and we want more writing friends! :)

• Winner
Upvote 0