Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, you probably have already heard of this song. We used to sing it at Pure Life, but when you listen to the end - I always found it fascinating that basically the singer says God wants to put his heart back into the theater and performing arts world:

Why not the RPG world? :)

Shorter stories work for me!

Something else to think about Mayflower; I think it's in psychology (or I really don't know exactly where I learned it or maybe I made it up, who knows) - a house can represent the life of a person. Every room you are in, if you think about it - every room represents a different aspect of the human life. Living room - the things you enjoy; the study, the things you read. The kitchen, the things you eat. The garage or back yard, the things you enjoy (or the things you hoarde! lol) In a house like this which would be for maybe orphans, the bedroom can be the sacred place that children allow their friends to play with them or have joy in their life and existence.

I don't know how that could be implemented - what do you think?

There was this beautiful story with this concept. I have to find it. I have to find it

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not the one I am thinking of, but just as beautiful. May spark some ideas.

Inspirational and Christian STORIES -- Jesus In The House.

Wow this one is a good application tool. I want to print the house out. LOL

Invite Jesus into every room of your house (literally!) - Do Not Depart

I wish I can find the story I read some years back, but it was a gospel tract. Jesus went to each room and transformed the rooms. Then there was a closet that had all these skeletons in it and Jesus went in and cleaned them all out. And it was stinky/etc. Just awful. But Jesus transformed the whole house.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not the one I am thinking of, but just as beautiful. May spark some ideas.

Inspirational and Christian STORIES -- Jesus In The House.

Wow this one is a good application tool. I want to print the house out. LOL

Invite Jesus into every room of your house (literally!) - Do Not Depart

I wish I can find the story I read some years back, but it was a gospel tract. Jesus went to each room and transformed the rooms. Then there was a closet that had all these skeletons in it and Jesus went in and cleaned them all out. And it was stinky/etc. Just awful. But Jesus transformed the whole house.

I just feel that would be such an awesome story of the Lord using our characters to transform this house into something special. Thank you for the Jesus in the House story - I need to file that in the back of my mind for any future sermons. I hope you do get to print the house out; the only think is maybe your daughter and children would want to go into every room and give Jesus the house WITH you. :)

I am thinking in my mind how to begin our short story. I like the idea of a short story together because then a) you're not stuck with me FOREVER and b) you're not thinking to yourself - gee, how long will this last.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just feel that would be such an awesome story of the Lord using our characters to transform this house into something special. Thank you for the Jesus in the House story - I need to file that in the back of my mind for any future sermons. I hope you do get to print the house out; the only think is maybe your daughter and children would want to go into every room and give Jesus the house WITH you. :)

I am thinking in my mind how to begin our short story. I like the idea of a short story together because then a) you're not stuck with me FOREVER and b) you're not thinking to yourself - gee, how long will this last.

Best way I find is to start writing I find. :) I have found if things get side tracked, ooc is good. This can be ooc if you want.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmmmm now the good part has come. I'll let you take the lead. Let's see where this goes. I miss rpg!!! This is fun.

That's sweet of you. Feel free to embellish though. And change things up. I'm going to church now to clean, but I will be back ... that's my warning! :)

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(It is why I did three way convo with you, but going back to my original rule of no pming men. I just pm'd Hidden, because of dream interpreting. And now that we are not doing that, there is just no need to pm. I just know God has done a great work in our lives from this. I have such peace of mind and clarity of mind now... I am paying attention to my dreams and have a good church I can ask sometimes about now, but my ministry is sharing the Word of God and I have finally FINALLY learned how to ABIDE in the Word of God and have the peace of God. I am so so so grateful. I just had a hard few weeks where God was revealing things to me, and now just have complete freedom of mind, like strongholds have completely fallen down.You just came in at the very end of a "chapter", so sorry if it caused you any hurt/confusion awhile. I saw your post.)

Hi Mayflower! I didn't realize I was conversing with you in the main thread, so I resurrect our chit chat here.

I agree that Hidden in Him is a great Christian brother; but to be honest, while I agree vivid dreams can hold messages that we need to hear - I wasn't convinced that all my dreams were divine or that most of my dreams are divine. So, some of the dream interpretation got lost on me. To be honest, I like analyzing my dreams just for the dreams sake itself. I don't know why; but I perceived (maybe I perceived wrong) that your Pastor may have talked to you about how solid the word of God is? That is my educated guess. That to me seems to be a more sure word.

I am happy to hear that you now have the tools to abide in God's word. I talk a lot about Pure Life Ministries, but again the Lord has reminded me that great ministries are not the things that set us free. He also reminded me how much hope I received through the ministry of Neil Anderson and Freedom in Christ Ministries which anyone can do without having to move your life somewhere for 6 months. Especially their Steps to Freedom in Christ; I feel like I'm at a point where I want to go through those Steps again. The Steps don't set us free; but they do exactly what you pointed out. They help us to know what parts of ourselves are believing falsehoods and lies [strongholds] and what scriptures can help us start believing the truth. I often get myself into cycles of problems or even going "back" to Pure Life metaphorically as if they were the end all ... but God keeps reminding me that He ultimately sets us free and all a program can do is give us the right tools and sometimes programs give us the wrong tools as well.

No worries about causing me any hurt or pain. I really think I still have places to grow. When my sister in law rejected me back in 2006, I had a seething anger like we were great friends and she threw it all away on me. I know it was my fault for being silly in my thoughts; but still, the anger in me really raged and our friendship took a sour turn into angry avenues. The Lord eventually just ended that job/employment for the both of us so we were no longer together and moved me to my current position and she moved out of state so there could be healing. Now, we are tepid friends, the way it probably was supposed to be.

I say that to say that even though there was hurt and confusion on my end, it was nothing like it used to be. I'm glad you came back; but ultimately, our best goal is eternal friendship with respect that time cannot always be relied upon as a good steward of said friendships and a deep respect that says "that person is a great fellow sibling in Christ, but should never be smothered." Of course, you never smothered me. I feel like my endless talks are what smothers other people! lol

I continued the RPG; feel free to do whatever you think is the next step, I like surprises and things don't always have to be planned out for me. I hope you have a blessed day today. :) Peter James

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mayflower! I didn't realize I was conversing with you in the main thread, so I resurrect our chit chat here.

I agree that Hidden in Him is a great Christian brother; but to be honest, while I agree vivid dreams can hold messages that we need to hear - I wasn't convinced that all my dreams were divine or that most of my dreams are divine. So, some of the dream interpretation got lost on me. To be honest, I like analyzing my dreams just for the dreams sake itself. I don't know why; but I perceived (maybe I perceived wrong) that your Pastor may have talked to you about how solid the word of God is? That is my educated guess. That to me seems to be a more sure word.

I am happy to hear that you now have the tools to abide in God's word. I talk a lot about Pure Life Ministries, but again the Lord has reminded me that great ministries are not the things that set us free. He also reminded me how much hope I received through the ministry of Neil Anderson and Freedom in Christ Ministries which anyone can do without having to move your life somewhere for 6 months. Especially their Steps to Freedom in Christ; I feel like I'm at a point where I want to go through those Steps again. The Steps don't set us free; but they do exactly what you pointed out. They help us to know what parts of ourselves are believing falsehoods and lies [strongholds] and what scriptures can help us start believing the truth. I often get myself into cycles of problems or even going "back" to Pure Life metaphorically as if they were the end all ... but God keeps reminding me that He ultimately sets us free and all a program can do is give us the right tools and sometimes programs give us the wrong tools as well.

No worries about causing me any hurt or pain. I really think I still have places to grow. When my sister in law rejected me back in 2006, I had a seething anger like we were great friends and she threw it all away on me. I know it was my fault for being silly in my thoughts; but still, the anger in me really raged and our friendship took a sour turn into angry avenues. The Lord eventually just ended that job/employment for the both of us so we were no longer together and moved me to my current position and she moved out of state so there could be healing. Now, we are tepid friends, the way it probably was supposed to be.

I say that to say that even though there was hurt and confusion on my end, it was nothing like it used to be. I'm glad you came back; but ultimately, our best goal is eternal friendship with respect that time cannot always be relied upon as a good steward of said friendships and a deep respect that says "that person is a great fellow sibling in Christ, but should never be smothered." Of course, you never smothered me. I feel like my endless talks are what smothers other people! lol

I continued the RPG; feel free to do whatever you think is the next step, I like surprises and things don't always have to be planned out for me. I hope you have a blessed day today. :) Peter James

I was having some major spiritual warfare going on. And seriously, was only gone a week. LOL. I was a bit dramatic in my exit requesting lifetime ban, but it was a suggestion from my pastor as well as deleting all the dreams.... just because I had to shutdown and reset, for reasons hard to explain. But it is like my mind is free. I have clarity now. I know exactly what I should have been doing probably ALL of my Christian life... Abiding in the Word, renewing my mind, living and breathing it, putting on garments of praise, sharing the good news to others...encouraging others. Like you said and pastor did say, Hidden too, the Word of God is solid. Like so simple, but was in the head, not the heart. Repetition causes revelation. The testimony is Eureka, I think I got it!!!! LOL. Praise God!!!

I think I Iearned from a lot of my dreams kinda like parables... The "prophetical stuff" kinda goes over my head. I don't know much about the world, so how can I be sure certain things are what I dreamed about or not... if I don't know for sure, I best not have the dreams used, unless I am. I want to start over and God will teach me. He is not so callous that someone with a Baptist background is given all these dreams and then judged for not sharing them. LOL. God is loving and sent His Son. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Being a Christian is learning and growing in our spiritual life. There are many seasoned in prophetic spiritual gifts to share the serious messages. He wouldn't just send it to one. This year was a crash course for me. I don't what that was about. But brother, I did see the hand of God. Whatever the dreams were about, I saw the hand of God in my life and Hidden's. I know revelation and the grace and mercy of God has just been poured into my life.

I think my focus has shifted to where it needs to be, and I will trust God and pray about things as I get dreams and visions now. And about life things too. Just praise God and trust Him. Live one day at a time. I have a church I can actually go face to face with now and ask. Because I know I'll still get dreams. But I need to learn to hear God's voice and not just a person. But face to face is best in this area I believe.

I did check out pure life ministries, but that is not my issue if I had the right site. And I've went to Teen Challenge and another ministry. I think a time has come of stillness... So many voices. And God, in the midst of everything has just told me "Peace, be still."

There is this song... Some of the words say "all I did was praise, all I did was worship, all I did was bow down, all I did was stay still..." It is all I really needed to do.

As far as rejecting you, no way!!!! In the short time I have know you, you are a very kind brother in Christ. I am glad to have made a friend. Online, I can never be too safe though. It is why I had rules set to begin with and broke them for dream interpretation. It was okay. Hidden is a great friend. But with that done, going back to my rules. Just all public except maybe on occasion. And that is the best way. You can have sisters in Christ. I encourage you to keep it public except your lovely wife. And really draw close to her, get to know her, and love her. My hubby is amazing, and I always want to love and draw closer to him.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I went through Freedom in Christ too and have all the books. That is very powerful too. :) In Christ we are free!!!! It is just walking in that freedom and not picking things back up

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was having some major spiritual warfare going on. And seriously, was only gone a week. LOL. I was a bit dramatic in my exit requesting lifetime ban, but it was a suggestion from my pastor as well as deleting all the dreams.... just because I had to shutdown and reset, for reasons hard to explain. But it is like my mind is free. I have clarity now. I know exactly what I should have been doing probably ALL of my Christian life... Abiding in the Word, renewing my mind, living and breathing it, putting on garments of praise, sharing the good news to others...encouraging others. Like you said and pastor did say, Hidden too, the Word of God is solid. Like so simple, but was in the head, not the heart. Repetition causes revelation. The testimony is Eureka, I think I got it!!!! LOL. Praise God!!!

I think I Iearned from a lot of my dreams kinda like parables... The "prophetical stuff" kinda goes over my head. I don't know much about the world, so how can I be sure certain things are what I dreamed about or not... if I don't know for sure, I best not have the dreams used, unless I am. I want to start over and God will teach me. He is not so callous that someone with a Baptist background is given all these dreams and then judged for not sharing them. LOL. God is loving and sent His Son. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Being a Christian is learning and growing in our spiritual life. There are many seasoned in prophetic spiritual gifts to share the serious messages. He wouldn't just send it to one. This year was a crash course for me. I don't what that was about. But brother, I did see the hand of God. Whatever the dreams were about, I saw the hand of God in my life and Hidden's. I know revelation and the grace and mercy of God has just been poured into my life.

I think my focus has shifted to where it needs to be, and I will trust God and pray about things as I get dreams and visions now. And about life things too. Just praise God and trust Him. Live one day at a time. I have a church I can actually go face to face with now and ask. Because I know I'll still get dreams. But I need to learn to hear God's voice and not just a person. But face to face is best in this area I believe.

I did check out pure life ministries, but that is not my issue if I had the right site. And I've went to Teen Challenge and another ministry. I think a time has come of stillness... So many voices. And God, in the midst of everything has just told me "Peace, be still."

There is this song... Some of the words say "all I did was praise, all I did was worship, all I did was bow down, all I did was stay still..." It is all I really needed to do.

As far as rejecting you, no way!!!! In the short time I have know you, you are a very kind brother in Christ. I am glad to have made a friend. Online, I can never be too safe though. It is why I had rules set to begin with and broke them for dream interpretation. It was okay. Hidden is a great friend. But with that done, going back to my rules. Just all public except maybe on occasion. And that is the best way. You can have sisters in Christ. I encourage you to keep it public except your lovely wife. And really draw close to her, get to know her, and love her. My hubby is amazing, and I always want to love and draw closer to him.

Good afternoon Mayflower, are you well? I am glad to hear the spiritual warfare has subsided. :) And a clear free mind is a good mind. I will not bore you of stories where my mind would torment me because of the evil one; for some reason, God has put me in a special 'dispensation' right now where he is working on my heart and protecting me from evil. I wish it would last forever.

Garments of praise ... ever hear the song from Robin Mark? (
)

My next seminary course is 1 Corinthians; I want to really study and immerse myself in that book so I know it's contents a little better; 11 week course. :)

You are right; there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Have you ever heard of a preacher named Joseph Prince? I don't agree with everything he says (nor anyone else, not even msyelf!) But he has a beautiful message about how Jesus gave the gift of no-condemnation to the adulterous woman FIRST before He told her not to sin anymore. John 8

Did you tell me at one time the church you go to is an Apostolic church? Oh, I know that's not your issue with Pure Life Ministries. But actually, the messages of mercy and holiness are such that it could apply to anyone. When I need a good 'without holiness, no one can see God' message - I pop in one of their sermons! It reminds me of when I used to go ... in Baptist churches, we don't really worship with our hands. But at Pure Life, they allowed worship of any kind as long as it wasn't disruptive. My favorite (but most confusing way oddly) to worship was between songs when everyone just starts praying out loud. They used to do that on old Integrity Hosanna music tapes.

I hope you have a wonderful day today. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good afternoon Mayflower, are you well? I am glad to hear the spiritual warfare has subsided. :) And a clear free mind is a good mind. I will not bore you of stories where my mind would torment me because of the evil one; for some reason, God has put me in a special 'dispensation' right now where he is working on my heart and protecting me from evil. I wish it would last forever.

Garments of praise ... ever hear the song from Robin Mark? (
)

My next seminary course is 1 Corinthians; I want to really study and immerse myself in that book so I know it's contents a little better; 11 week course. :)

You are right; there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Have you ever heard of a preacher named Joseph Prince? I don't agree with everything he says (nor anyone else, not even msyelf!) But he has a beautiful message about how Jesus gave the gift of no-condemnation to the adulterous woman FIRST before He told her not to sin anymore. John 8

Did you tell me at one time the church you go to is an Apostolic church? Oh, I know that's not your issue with Pure Life Ministries. But actually, the messages of mercy and holiness are such that it could apply to anyone. When I need a good 'without holiness, no one can see God' message - I pop in one of their sermons! It reminds me of when I used to go ... in Baptist churches, we don't really worship with our hands. But at Pure Life, they allowed worship of any kind as long as it wasn't disruptive. My favorite (but most confusing way oddly) to worship was between songs when everyone just starts praying out loud. They used to do that on old Integrity Hosanna music tapes.

I hope you have a wonderful day today. :)

That is awesome about seminary. Maybe you can share a study sometime in the Bible study section. If so, tag me. Would live to read it. I remember that about the hands. I go to a non denominational, more charismatic church. Everyone raises their hands and worships freely. I love that.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is awesome about seminary. Maybe you can share a study sometime in the Bible study section. If so, tag me. Would live to read it. I remember that about the hands. I go to a non denominational, more charismatic church. Everyone raises their hands and worships freely. I love that.

I just preached a message on the dangers of pride, my Pastor was not feeling well last Sunday. It's at Www.berkshirehillsbaptist.com

Based on Isaiah 66, the book I just finished. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have a happy mother's day, Mayflower and all.

Foggy brain today due to 2nd vaccine yesterday. Will be back soon. :)

Hope you feel better soon Peter, and thanks!

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope you feel better soon Peter, and thanks!

Good morning Mayflower! I hope you and your family are doing well. I've been watching more Perry Stone recently; I like him, he gets excited with the things he really believes.

Do you believe in a rapture and tribulation and stuff like that? Just wondering, I have always wanted to do an RPG based on those things as well. :)

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good morning Mayflower! I hope you and your family are doing well. I've been watching more Perry Stone recently; I like him, he gets excited with the things he really believes.

Do you believe in a rapture and tribulation and stuff like that? Just wondering, I have always wanted to do an RPG based on those things as well. :)

I tried tribulation and rapture type stuff before, but think my focus was off. I go backs and forth between pretrib and midtrib, but it sure feels like tribulation now in the world. I love the Left Behind series. And good morning Peter! I listened some to your lesson. I didn't get through it though, so will have to go back and listen to it more. I have to multitask during the day

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Peter! Responsed in the story thread. Hope you are well today. Been a bit busy in Indiana, but all is well here.

Hi Mayflower! Thank you, I responded to in the RPG. I took a couple of days off and my wife and I did some work around the house.

Thank you for always reaching out to me especially if I appear to go distant. It's nice having a friend like you and I hope we get more friends like that here on CF. I didn't realize you were from Indiana; I have an acquaintance who used to work with me who went down to Divine Mercy University to get her masters and now her doctorate in counseling. She is from Indiana also. Many blessings on you, your husband, your family. :)

Upvote 0