Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No verse says to go online either. Just because we are not told to do something does not make it wrong. It's to do with the heart.
Ok well if your heart is into pagan celebrations then I guess its ok The indicator is that Santa is Satan and the celebration of worldly things. Jesus would not want commercial gifts that cost money being given in His honor. All He would want is your holiness. That would be the best gift you could give Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Biblical references to celebrate Christmas?

Includes "Away in a Manger," "Angels We have Heard on High", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", "It came upon a Midnight Clear," "Joy to the World", "Do You Hear What I Hear?" ++++

Yeshua, who came down from the sky, with angels proclaiming His birth which the prophets seen of old and that time had come as foretold. His birth was proclaimed to shepherds in the field by night. The lyrics tell the story including The Star and wise men bearing gold and other gifts. He came to save us from Satan's power. This newborn King brings tidings of comfort and joy; comfort and joy. Good will to men. There's wonders of His love and glories of His righteousness. Let earth receive her King. Joyful all ye nations rise. He rules the world with truth and grace. Come worship our Emmanuel! We worship heaven's all gracious King ever and ever.

All that sounds good but is it wise for us to think Satan hasn't laid as many traps and tricks for us as possible since his goal is to drag us to hell? God never told us to celebrate Christmas, never gave us a birthdate, so the chances of this holiday which began as pagan worship, getting twisted to add Christs name to it to get Christians celebrating something they shouldn't be is high. That is my point. We cannot be so naive to assume satan is going to lay idle and allow us a harmless holiday celebration without deception. He does not work that way. He despises us. We cannot assume satan takes December 25th off and loves us on Christmas! No, we will be punished for worshipping Him on a day of pagan festival and following the masses. It is the blind leading the blind. If it were truly a holy holiday it would not include Satan, I mean Santa, and be commercialized by things of this world.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
First, no one here says "where is the promise of His coming?", so you're misusing that Scripture. Apart from that, ridiculous notions should be scoffed at.
No, Jesus would not want a holiday dedicated to Him celebrated by giving each other worldly things when he tells us to leave the things of this world. He would want you to give Him holiness. That is all.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That it does. Which says nothing at all about not celebrating our Savior's birth. The Host of Heaven did, didn't they? I don't think the devil was on board with that, do you?

Yes, do what the Bible tells us. It does not tell us to make up rules and regulations forbidding the worship of our Lord at random times. That in itself is diabolical.

What is diabolical is celebrating Him by the giving of worldly goods when all He would want is your holiness.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok well if your heart is into pagan celebrations then I guess its ok The indicator is that Santa is Satan and the celebration of worldly things. Jesus would not want commercial gifts that cost money being given in His honor. All He would want is your holiness. That would be the best gift you could give Him.

No my heart isn't into pagan celebrations. My heart is into spending time with my family and thanking God for sending Jesus.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The names of the planets, months, and days of the week are based on pagans. Wish they weren't. But we continue to live here and know what day it is. We thank God for what He created and still creating. "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psa 118).

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok well if your heart is into pagan celebrations
So now celebrating the birth of our Lord itself is pagan, is that your belief? I reject that as absurd on its face.

The indicator is that Santa is Satan and the celebration of worldly things.
More baloney.

Jesus would not want commercial gifts that cost money being given in His honor.
Did Mary and Joseph throw away the gifts of the Maji?

All He would want is your holiness. That would be the best gift you could give Him.
Holiness excludes me giving my daughter a gift card? Really? Strange religion you have there sis. Can't worship our Lord Christ on days "owned" by long-dead pagans, can't give gifts to our loved ones, can't do anything that the Bible doesn't explicitly grant us permission to do, can't use a tree as a decoration, blah blah blah. Whole lotta rules laid down by men there, that we're presumably supposed to treat as though they were part of the Bible, which they most emphatically are not. The net effect of most of them is to tell us when we are not allowed to worship Christ. That's nasty stuff, IMO.

I don't care about pagans. I don't care about what they did, or when they did it. I don't care about their non-existent "gods". I don't care what non-Christians do or believe now. None of that is relevant to anything that I believe.

So here's the deal: if you don't believe that the birth of our Lord is not worth celebrating, then don't celebrate it. Most of the world agrees with you. Join right in with them in not observing the birth of our Lord, I'm sure they won't mind. Same with observing our Lord's glorious resurrection. The world doesn't think it's important enough to celebrate, so if you find yourdelf in agreement with them, join 'em! While the rest of the Church is proclaiming "He is risen indeed!" you can be studiously ignoring it.

• Winner
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All that sounds good but is it wise for us to think Satan hasn't laid as many traps and tricks for us as possible since his goal is to drag us to hell?
SCuse me, but you seem to be more concerned with Satan and a binch of dead pagans than with our Lord Himself.

God never told us to celebrate Christmas
The Host of Heaven did, and God didn't tell them to stop.

, never gave us a birthdate
So? Nothing magic about the date, is there? That's simply when the Western Church celebrates His birth.

this holiday which began as pagan worship
It did not. Repeatimg a lie doesn't make it true. The worship of our Lord at Christmas never had a thing to do with any pagan religion.

We cannot be so naive to assume satan is going to lay idle
A pox on Satan! Are we to concern ourselves with what that whipped dog does or wants to do? Luther said it well: "The Prince of Darkness grim, We tremble not for him; His rage we can endure, For lo! his doom is sure, One little word shall fell him.".

We cannot assume satan takes December 25th off and loves us on Christmas!
Who cares? Are we to suppose that Old Nick is idle the rest of the year? The reasoning is addle-pated.

No, we will be punished for worshipping Him on a day of pagan festival and following the masses.
Ah, so now we'll be punished for worshipping Christ. Interesting. Reckon who's most interested in stopping Christians fro offering worship to our Lord? Hmmmm? Could it be... Satan? Is that who y'all are ignorantly carrying water for?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, Jesus would not want a holiday dedicated to Him celebrated by giving each other worldly things when he tells us to leave the things of this world. He would want you to give Him holiness. That is all.
And seems to be mutualy exclusive because...? Have you given up your 'puter yet? Sent off to the Amish for some brochures?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No my heart isn't into pagan celebrations. My heart is into spending time with my family and thanking God for sending Jesus.
Yeah, how dare someone . . . worship the Lord.

/s
In what way? Is that what you are doing? Worship Him with holiness, not with earthly goods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch this and give me your thoughts please

Historians may say what is true regarding how christmas have developed.
At the moment, many may have not known when the date of Christ’s birth. Even if people may eventually know the date, many people may still have unhealthy cravings for controversy and quarreling for words.

What is of importance? Is what the Lord consider important? First love !
If we love to celebrate His birth, that we recognize the Heavenly Father’s love for giving His Son. Why concern with the date ?

Though there is no command to celebrate Christ’s birth ! Why we couldn’t rejoice together what His birth brought forth !

For we have heard and received this encouragement:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. -Philippians 4:8

If we think how we can adore our Lord Jesus Christ in holy adoration on December 25, I don’t think the Lord would mind.

Why go about December 25 and retelling controversy and quarrel? What that could amount ? Do that bring holy adoration toward Christ? Do that bring more hate toward paganism ?

It is true that many in the world choose the date of the Lord’s birth, imagining godliness as a means of gain. They are not doing the right thing. True. Is it also a chance for us to bring them to know the true message of Christ Jesus according to the gospel that they may repent? For the message of the gospel that sinners may find repentance in Christ Jesus and be reconciled to the Father. Let us guide them through the right spirit in us.

Let the world know how we are made right through Christ’s sacrifice — truly rejoice in Him ! Let us shout for joy in true holy adoration that Christ was born.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Historians may say what is true regarding how christmas have developed.
At the moment, many may have not known when the date of Christ’s birth. Even if people may eventually know the date, many people may still have unhealthy cravings for controversy and quarreling for words.

What is of importance? Is what the Lord consider important? First love !
If we love to celebrate His birth, that we recognize the Heavenly Father’s love for giving His Son. Why concern with the date ?

Though there is no command to celebrate Christ’s birth ! Why we couldn’t rejoice together what His birth brought forth !

For we have heard and received this encouragement:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. -Philippians 4:8

If we think how we can adore our Lord Jesus Christ in holy adoration on December 25, I don’t think the Lord would mind.

Why go about December 25 and retelling controversy and quarrel? What that could amount ? Do that bring holy adoration toward Christ? Do that bring more hate toward paganism ?

It is true that many in the world choose the date of the Lord’s birth, imagining godliness as a means of gain. They are not doing the right thing. True. Is it also a chance for us to bring them to know the true message of Christ Jesus according to the gospel that they may repent? For the message of the gospel that sinners may find repentance in Christ Jesus and be reconciled to the Father. Let us guide them through the right spirit in us.

Let the world know how we are made right through Christ’s sacrifice — truly rejoice in Him ! Let us shout for joy in true holy adoration that Christ was born.

I think that since other deities are celebrated on Dec. 25th, that day is already taken and our Lord should not have to share a day with The Sun god, and Santa Claus, and Saturn, and Rudolph . December 25 was a day the pagans celebrated and they wanted to trick the Christians into celebrating with them so they said it was Christs birthday. I think the Lord knew this would happen so He purposely did not tell us to see who would follow the ways of the world and fall for it. Are we all so naive at this stage of the game to think satan is going to let us have a happy wholesome innocent holiday without stumbling blocks? Heres a news flash- satan does not love us on Christmas! However he is awfully quiet on that day- almost too quiet which is why it could be a trap. We must not let our guards down. Our souls are at stake.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that since other deities are celebrated on Dec. 25th, that day is already taken and our Lord should not have to share a day with The Sun god, and Santa Claus, and Saturn, and Rudolph . December 25 was a day the pagans celebrated and they wanted to trick the Christians into celebrating with them so they said it was Christs birthday. I think the Lord knew this would happen so He purposely did not tell us to see who would follow the ways of the world and fall for it. Are we all so naive at this stage of the game to think satan is going to let us have a happy wholesome innocent holiday without stumbling blocks? Heres a news flash- satan does not love us on Christmas! However he is awfully quiet on that day- almost too quiet which is why it could be a trap. We must not let our guards down. Our souls are at stake.
Dear Jaxxi,
Do you remember that the Lord have spoken the parable of the wheat and the weeds ?
Even if you can convince the whole world on the right date of birth of Christ, or the whole world has found the right date of the birth of Christ —- do you think the enemy would not sow weeds ? do you think that there will be no weeds or evildoers ?

These evildoers will have unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

But we have been told :
But godliness with contentment is great gain, -1 Timothy 6:6

Let us be contend and pursue godliness.

This is also what we have heard:
This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalms 118:24

Can we not recount the deeds of the Lord everyday including December 25 ?
Yes, we can recount the deeds of the Lord including His birth every day including December 25.

Dear Jaxxi, Satan doesn’t only hate on Christmas, and I think you should know that he hates us everyday. But don’t that let make us afraid. Let us be concerned with being in union with Christ.

Jaxxi, I will be more concerned with people teaching tolerance and solidarity that is contrary to the Lord’s teachings.
For that, we must not let our guard down !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Watch this and give me your thoughts please

The beginning of the video it brought to mind these scriptures....."Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might. Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? For to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee. But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities. Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men. But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. Thus shall ye say unto them, the gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightning’s with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish". (Jeremiah 10:1-15)

Upvote 0