Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My Dad requested an Appalachian Apple Stack Cake today for Christmas. It's a good thing there is still time to buy dried apples and all the ingredients, plus the cake has to rest for a couple of days before you eat it. So now that I am in planing mode for Christmas baking it got me to thinking (hahaha)... What kind of desserts are y'all whipping up for Christmas? Or if you aren't baking what kinds of goodies are you buying or hoping for?

527.jpg

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your apple cake looks so good. Next time I visit, I want a slice :D

I made a gingerbread bunt cake (to be frosted with cinnamon cream cheese frosting) for Christmas Eve. We usually have an assortment of cookies for the holiday season and cannoli ( family recipe). My mom usually makes a steamed Christmas pudding as well.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Dad requested an Appalachian Apple Stack Cake today for Christmas. It's a good thing there is still time to buy dried apples and all the ingredients, plus the cake has to rest for a couple of days before you eat it. So now that I am in planing mode for Christmas baking it got me to thinking (hahaha)... What kind of desserts are y'all whipping up for Christmas? Or if you aren't baking what kinds of goodies are you buying or hoping for?

527.jpg
Ive never heard of Appalachian Apple Stack Cake! It sounds and looks delicious! I am not sure what kind of desserts my mom will be buying for Christmas, but likely it will be an apple pie. :)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I made a gingerbread bunt cake (to be frosted with cinnamon cream cheese frosting) for Christmas Eve. We usually have an assortment of cookies for the holiday season and cannoli ( family recipe). My mom usually makes a steamed Christmas pudding as well.
Sounds wonderful :)

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ive never heard of Appalachian Apple Stack Cake! It sounds and looks delicious! I am not sure what kind of desserts my mom will be buying for Christmas, but likely it will be an apple pie. :)

They are wonderful, they are full of apples and spice. The smell when one is baking and the apples are cooking is amazing!

Next time you come in I will try my hardest to have one made!

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Best. Thread. Ever. =)

I don't really bake. But, my nephew loves my salsa recipe, and requested for me to make more for Christmas Day, lol. Also definitely getting some pumpkin pie; Christmas just ain't Christmas without pumpkin pie.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Best. Thread. Ever. =)

I don't really bake. But, my nephew loves my salsa recipe, and requested for me to make more for Christmas Day, lol. Also definitely getting some pumpkin pie; Christmas just ain't Christmas without pumpkin pie.
Well, that's still awesome!

• Agree
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

527.jpg
Ummmm... delicious. Apple pie and Pecan pie. God bless :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

You are INDEED a Yankee girl! I LOVE gingerbread and have my Yankee mother-in-law's recipe. I just don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't love it. I don't think my mother liked it because she never made it, even though her grandmother had a recipe for sorghum molasses cake which is similar. I like steamed pudding, too.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For several years I ordered a red velvet cake. I like to make a giant gingerbread boy for some of the grandkids to decorate. One year I made gingerbread cakes. A few years I baked a spice cake in a Nordic Ware Christmas wreath pan. I have all sorts of cake pans.

Christmas Cookies 001.jpg Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Cookies 30 October 2010 001.jpg I want to bake these with red and green M&Ms.
Gingerbread Boys 4 Dec 2010 001.jpg I'm hunting for one that my young grandson decorated; it should be on my computer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well that's what the fat old coot gets for not giving me that transformer toy I wanted when I was seven years old!

Oh, you better watch out, you better not cry
You better not pout, I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
Oh, he's making a list and checking it twice
He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice
Santa Claus is coming to town

Oh, he sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well that's what the fat old coot gets for not giving me that transformer toy I wanted when I was seven years old!

I know what you mean. I never ever got my bicycle.

Upvote 0