Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oops. I should have said that is unless you're over sixty and have been faithful to your hubby. Regardless, much love to you.

Edit: I don't think these verses make much of a difference here anyway.

I thought we were talking desserts, not verses.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am very curious about mince pies. I'd attempt to make some but since I have never tried them and no one in my family has either then I am cautious about attempting them. I'd hate to make a batch and then no one like them, including myself. Has anyone ever had mince pies?

recipe-image-legacy-id--3645_12.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am very curious about mince pies. I'd attempt to make some but since I have never tried them and no one in my family has either then I am cautious about attempting them. I'd hate to make a batch and then no one like them, including myself. Has anyone ever had mince pies?

recipe-image-legacy-id--3645_12.jpg

Absolutely! It's an acquired taste. I love the None Such Mincemeat with Brandy and Rum; the one without brandy and rum is so so. I don't drink or allow alcohol in my house, but it sure makes the mincemeat better. And the alcohol gets baked away.

One of my late husband's favorites from my recipe collection:

Mincemeat Squares

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
½ c. chopped walnuts
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
½ t. ground cinnamon
½ c. cooking oil
1/4 c. orange juice
1 28-oz. jar “None Such Mincemeat with Brandy and Rum”

Combine flour, sugar, nuts, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in oil and juice. Reserve 1 and ½ cups flour mixture; press remainder into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.

Spread mincemeat over mixture in pan; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake in a 400F. oven about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Better Homes and Gardens Complete Quick and Easy Cookbook, p. 283

Some people don't want to taste new foods. There are a lot of very moist raisins in this.
Mincemeat.jpg

Upvote 0