newburgh
✟115,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is Christmas? It serves as both a memorial and a lesson. It’s a memorial of Jesus making his appearance on earth to save mankind as told in John 3:16-17, but within that memorial is a lesson on how mankind can be saved. And the memorial and the lesson of Christmas is repeated from generation to generation, similar to why the events in the Old Testament are repeated...so people don’t forget.

Within the lesson lies the mystery. The mystery is coined by writings such as the Catechism of the Catholic Church, revised in accordance with the official Latin text promulgated by Pope John Paul II. In there, Section 512 says, “All that Jesus did and taught is to be seen in the light of the mysteries of Christmas and Easter.” And Section 526 says, “Only when Christ is formed in us will the mysteries of Christmas be fulfilled.”

Where is the mystery? It is a mystery to the extent of how each person receives the holy spirit of God through Jesus. That spirit is mentioned in Joel 2:28-29 which says “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit.” This is realized in Acts 2:1-4 which says “When the [fiftieth day after Passover] arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and hit filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested1 on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues las the Spirit gave them utterance.”

The mystery conjures up questions. One question is whether the effect of the Spirit is the same on everyone in terms of the degree of their acceptance of it. In a sense, it’s analogous to a lesson that is taught in a classroom. The teacher doesn’t know if each of the students are understanding the lesson in the same manner as the next one. Even a test might not bring out the thoughts of each student in hearing the lesson and relating it to their own experiences and what they know. In real life, perhaps, the test is in the form of how people who have received the Spirit may act.

But every year, Christmas comes around and as each generation is growing up, it hears of Jesus’ birth and what he stands for...It invokes peace on earth and goodwill toward eachother. The peace part is described in John 14:27 in which Jesus says “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” The goodwill part is in Jesus Second Commandment, described in Matthew 22:39 which says, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Sort of inspired other mysteries which are If, and when, the world together will engage in such peace and goodwill? and Who will be around to enjoy it?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is Christmas? It serves as both a memorial and a lesson. It’s a memorial of Jesus making his appearance on earth to save mankind as told in John 3:16-17, but within that memorial is a lesson on how mankind can be saved. And the memorial and the lesson of Christmas is repeated from generation to generation, similar to why the events in the Old Testament are repeated...so people don’t forget.
Within the lesson lies the mystery. The mystery is coined by writings such as the Catechism of the Catholic Church, revised in accordance with the official Latin text promulgated by Pope John Paul II. In there, Section 512 says, “All that Jesus did and taught is to be seen in the light of the mysteries of Christmas and Easter.” And Section 526 says, “Only when Christ is formed in us will the mysteries of Christmas be fulfilled.”
Where is the mystery? It is a mystery to the extent of how each person receives the holy spirit of God through Jesus. That spirit is mentioned in Joel 2:28-29 which says “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit.” This is realized in Acts 2:1-4
In the NT, mystery is not something that is hard to understand, but rather something that has never before been revealed:
incarnation (1Ti 3:16, "appeared in a body").
death of Christ (1 Co 2:1, "secret wisdom"),
God's purpose to sum up all things in Christ (Eph 1:9),
God's purpose to include both Jews and Gentiles in the NT church (Eph 3:3-6),
the change that will take place at the resurrection (1 Co 15:51),
the plan of God by which a remnant of both Jew and Gentile will by his mercy be included in his kingdom (Ro 11:25).

Since how each person receives the Holy Spirit is previously revealed in Joel 2:28-29, it is not a mystery in the NT sense of the word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the NT, mystery is not something that is hard to understand, but rather something that has never before been revealed:
incarnation (1Ti 3:16, "appeared in a body").
death of Christ (1 Co 2:1, "secret wisdom"),
God's purpose to sum up all things in Christ (Eph 1:9),
God's purpose to include both Jews and Gentiles in the NT church (Eph 3:3-6),
the change that will take place at the resurrection (1 Co 15:51),
the plan of God by which a remnant of both Jew and Gentile will by his mercy be included in his kingdom (Ro 11:25).

Since how each person receives the Holy Spirit is previously revealed in Joel 2:28-29, it is not a mystery in the NT sense of the word.
2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Revelation 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the mystery of god is finished the same moment that the mystery of iniquity is taken out of the way, then god takes his great power to himself and rules.

Revelation 11:17
Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sort of inspired other mysteries which are If, and when, the world together will engage in such peace and goodwill? and Who will be around to enjoy it?
the spirit is holy, truth, meekness, of the fear of the lord, if anyone has the spirit of christ they are taught by him.

the world wonders after the beast, all of the wo rld.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 11:2
And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the whole of the book speaks in a mystery ... for example Jesus said

"As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so also the one feeding on Me, he also will live because of Me."

and no coincidence at birth he was laid in the feeding trough of beasts ....

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
Yes, we know some things about evil only as God reveals it.
Revelation 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
And this mystery (secret) revealed by God is that he has won the victory over the forces of evil and will reign forever and ever (Rev 11:15).
We are simply in the mop-up phase of the victory now.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we know some things about evil only as God reveals it.

And this mystery (secret) revealed by God is that he has won the victory over the forces of evil and will reign forever and ever (Rev 11:15).
We are simply in the mop-up phase of the victory now.

we know all these things about evil and we know they are also the victory over the beast, which is a lot more than mopping up, that is also when the mystery of god shall be finished, when all the ungodly workers of iniquity/tares flourish, [letting both grow together until the harvest] which is also until the mystery of iniquity does work. [these two mysteries began together, and they both end together.]

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Psalm 92:7
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

its made clear now for all, that the mystery of iniquity ends the moment the deceiver of the whole world. [victory is when it is over the deceiving beast] is taken out of the way by the brightness of Christs coming, which is when the lords wrath is come, to judge the nations, which tells of course, [as this is very simple] that god now will reign taking his great power to himself, [destroying the last enemy which is death] and the mystery of god is finished as declared to his servants. [ who are declaring the mystery now]

2 Thessalonians 2.7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Revelation 11.17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

1 Corinthians 15.23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Upvote 0