Not open for further replies.

Kalanit

Aug 8, 2006
✟15,697.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I've encountered several Christians lately who do not support Israel... and I was thinking that maybe a 'split up' is occuring in the Church- and it's all based on Israel & the Jews....

I've heard some say that this disagreement over Israel is not worth causing disunity in the Church.

I think this is crazy- if it causes disagreement, so be it. It is more important than unity in the Church, IMO. In fact, that perspective (fear of causing disunity over Israel), I believe, inhibits the unity that ought to take place between the Christian and the Jewish population.

I see lines being drawn between those who support Israel and those who do not (I'm not talking those who support the specific government of Israel at any paticular time... but those who support Israel as a Nation and the Jewish people.)

...and I'm wondering if those who turn Anti-Israel are part of the 'apostate church'... Anyone have thoughts on this?

MattyJames

Aug 13, 2005
✟8,944.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Kalanit said:
I've encountered several Christians lately who do not support Israel... and I was thinking that maybe a 'split up' is occuring in the Church- and it's all based on Israel & the Jews....

I've heard some say that this disagreement over Israel is not worth causing disunity in the Church.

I think this is crazy- if it causes disagreement, so be it. It is more important than unity in the Church, IMO. In fact, that perspective (fear of causing disunity over Israel), I believe, inhibits the unity that ought to take place between the Christian and the Jewish population.

I see lines being drawn between those who support Israel and those who do not (I'm not talking those who support the specific government of Israel at any paticular time... but those who support Israel as a Nation and the Jewish people.)

...and I'm wondering if those who turn Anti-Israel are part of the 'apostate church'... Anyone have thoughts on this?

Let me stick my neck out on a chopping bock...is Chrisitanity the Church at all??

I am begining to have my doubts.

We're getting awful close to the bone Kalanit. :)

MJ

Upvote 0

Ivy

Pray for President Barack Obama
Oct 26, 2005
NY State
✟17,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, I think God is using our attitudes toward the Jewish people as a plumb line, to be sure. I don't know if it's a salvation issue, though-- I wouldn't say anti-Jewish Christians aren't saved, but I would say they are lacking sense.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with Ivy. A friend of mine since I was saved was a pastor with the United Methodist Church. They got liberal and he left. He substitute pastors and preaches open air and is wonderful, filled with the Holy Spirit, a warm loving man with solid doctrine ---- and a total blind spot so far as Israel during the end times. :o I couldn't believe it. His wife is Jewish also - her mother was saved first and raised her as a Christian. Let me make it clear that he's not anti-Semitic, but he does not think that Israel and the Jews still have a special place in the Father's heart. :eek: Pray for him.

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
The way I see it, this is Yeshuas prophecy coming true ( many don't see this as prophecy but I do)

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, accompanied by all the angels, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33 The `sheep' he will place at his right hand and the `goats' at his left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, `Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36 I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' 37 Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?' 40 The King will say to them, `Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!' 41 "Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, `Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they too will reply, `Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?' 45 And he will answer them, `Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!' 46 They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life." Matthew 25

They are separated by how they treated the least of his brethren ( the Jews). But He doesn't really separate them, they separate themselves, they make the choice to treat well Yeshuas brothers, or not. And I see that happening more and more and more. And more churches fall away from Israel, and soon, who will be left standing? I think those with a Messianic mindset. A true love for the Jews because they are Yeshua's brother only comes from one who is filled with his spirit. It does not come naturally from the human mind. Only from above.

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
It is prophectic that all will turn their back on Israel at the end. It is then that all Israel will fall to their knees and meet their Messiah. Then all Israel will be the preisthood of Yeshua to all nations. So I say praise the Lord for even hardening of the hearts is prophectically a blessing to the remnant.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Kalanit said:

this is not the first time the Body of Messiah has split because of Israel....

That is how Christianity became what it is today anyway. That is how the first Messianic Believers became split off from both Judaism and Christianity. We can thank Marcion, John Chrysostom, even Martin Luther, and others for carrying on and infesting the Body with lies that perpetuate even today. This is not the beginning and not the end.

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
When the discussion comes up about the halocaust and how many christians aided or turned a blind eye to what Hilter was doing, someone is always quick to say "but they weren't REAL chrisitans".

So when "christians" today are calling for the destruction of the Jewish nation and its people, (and supporting Hamas, Hizbollah etc is the equivalent of wanting to see all Jews destroyed - because that is their stated purpose.) are they "real" christians? Do we actually share the same faith?

How can I call some one "brother" or "sister" if they are calling for the destruction of my family and the family of my Messiah?

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Wags said:
When the discussion comes up about the halocaust and how many christians aided or turned a blind eye to what Hilter was doing, someone is always quick to say "but they weren't REAL chrisitans".

So when "christians" today are calling for the destruction of the Jewish nation and its people, (and supporting Hamas, Hizbollah etc is the equivalent of wanting to see all Jews destroyed - because that is their stated purpose.) are they "real" christians? Do we actually share the same faith?

How can I call some one "brother" or "sister" if they are calling for the destruction of my family and the family of my Messiah?

I could never call them "brother" or "sister" who desired this, Wags. Can't see the Holy Spirit teaching this.

Upvote 0

SweetDaisyMae

country bumpkin at heart
Aug 19, 2006
California
✟8,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry to intrude, but if this is missplaced, let me know and I will delete the comment.

My observation is this... the media is committing wholesale lying against Israel, so is it any wonder this would "trickle down" to the churches?

By the way, this makes me very angry at the media.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
karen freeinchristman said:
Can I please also say this: there are many Christians who are for Israel, and praying for Israel and Jewish people. Please do not tar us all with the same brush. :prayer:
:hug: Please forgive any harsh words you've seen. They are not directed towards those who we know are standing beside Israel.

There seems to be alot of negativity going around and no one is immune.

This thread didn't say all Christians were against Israel and I hope no one else misunderstands it. I think that will give a very bad impression of this forum

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
eirene said:
:hug: Please forgive any harsh words you've seen. They are not directed towards those who we know are standing beside Israel.

There seems to be alot of negativity going around and no one is immune.

This thread didn't say all Christians were against Israel and I hope no one else misunderstands it. I think that will give a very bad impression of this forum
It's OK :hug:

Upvote 0

Sevryn45

Dec 11, 2004
✟565.00
Faith
Catholic
It's not that christians don't support Israel, personally Jews can have a state in the middle east no one is saying that Israel should be destroyed. What most christians disagree with is the Israel's policy of annexation which has been going on since it's existance.

I am sorry but I don't believe that Israel is the New Heavens and the New Earth or New Jerusalem.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
There is a real fear in the world today that the USA will turn it's back on Israel and thus become a part of the nations who stand against this tiny country that God said this about: I will bless those who bless and curse those who curse...

The prophesy is out there that ALL nations will one day go against Israel....I dont think it can happen that the USA will turn against Her as long as the Church always stands beside her

The fear is that the tide is beginning to turn, and we are getting worried thats all...:sigh:

Upvote 0

Sevryn45

Dec 11, 2004
✟565.00
Faith
Catholic
The fear is that the tide is beginning to turn, and we are getting worried thats all...:sigh:

Why? What Tide, Israel is being criticized and so are the arabs and rightuflly so; Jews and the arabs are both responsible for the ongoing Middle East crisis.

Israel's foreign policy should not be run and based on false bible interpretations. Why can't the arabs and jews just stop this insanity, Arabs want Israel because Quran says so and Israel and the zionists want to enlarge and annex large parts of land because God said so.

People need to stop using the God excuse, it's time to grow up. Play nice, the conflic can easily be resolved but people need to stop being so fanatical about interpretations that have already been fulfilled thousands of years ago.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes here, I just think it's time for people on both sides of the fences to come together.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.