Christians stop blaming the world for your sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
intricatic said:
That's why you change the cultural ideals that people embrace. Like I said, those people use their God-given tallents in a way to glorify themselves. They're still given by God, though, and God has a use for everything on this Earth.

But by going after the ppl making it your not chinging the culture people embrace. You simply make them look for that culture some place else. If you go after the person embracing the culture you can then change the culture.

when a child craves rebelion from his parents and society in general what type of music do they go after? How does satan influacne a child?

Now look back also at times when things were "simpler" sex was rarely if ever mentioned and was far from TV. Families prayed together and sat togther at meal time. And only a few teenage girls got pregnant every year.

Now look toward the present at these same things. Sex is mentioned nearly every where adds of scantily clad men/women are every where. Families what few there actualy are don't embrace each other or God as they used to. And hundreds if not more teenage girls get pregnant every year.

Why is that? Because the family went away, because more ppl started craving things of the world, because we were not watching what was coming into our homes.

If our home is like it should be let us help fix our neighbors. If our neighbors home is in good shape they can join us in fixing the guys across the street.
You can't just take away the sin from ppl and expect that to fix them you have to remove them from the sin in the way of getting them to Christ.

God bless!
Raist

Upvote 0

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As a Christian saved and restored by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus yet living in an as yet fallen world, I have come to accept that there will always be sinful temptations around us.

However, we are called to live "in the world but not of the world" and to be "lights to a fallen world". That says to me that I want to live my life as a shining example of the life-changing power of my Lord.

Recognizing that the things that are thrust inro our faces either by TV, internet, print or billborard are usually driven by one of two forces; greed or passion, I can attack those that are drive by greed by letting the distributors know that I will not use their products. If the force is passion, then we must lean on reason. In either case, it is only through the power of the Holy Spirit working in us that we have the power and the desire to do anything about it in the first place.

This is part of the perceverance of the saints, and it is a blessing in and of itself.

Upvote 0

CardinalBaseball

Cardinals > Cubs
Sep 22, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Raistlinorr said:
The world is already saturated with filth. We are to be apart from the world it is our being apart from the world that will let others see Christ in us. Those who are in Christ are to be a light to others. The world will not change but we can lead ppl to change.
So we should just let it get deeper into it?

Upvote 0

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
CardinalBaseball said:
So we should just let it get deeper into it?

This shows you did not read every post I wrote.

I'm saying stop blaming the world, stop going after the company who is only after money. Go after the sinner and get them saved.

You can not take the sin from the sinner you must take the sinner from the sin. If I get one show cancled or one placed closed another will come back to replace it because the ppl want sin. If on the other hand I get the ppl to stop wanting sin I get rid of the sin and eventualy close the place down or get the show cancled.

The drug addict will go after more drugs if you remove the dealer, but if you remove the addict from the drugs get them out of his system you not only get him clean but you take away a dealers cash. These places will sell sin as long as ppl are craving sin. Get the ppl to stop craving sin.

Is it the TV stations fault my child sees sex on TV or mine of allowing it in my house?

God bless!
Raist

Upvote 0

NeoScribe

This is it.
Apr 12, 2006
That one place...
✟16,206.00
Faith
Christian
I think i see what the Raist guy is saying. Stop going to the big stations and sites to stop their sinnful stuff becuase as long as people want what they have, they'll keep showing it. but by bringing in your nieghbors and the people around you to the Lord you stop the flow of sinful media becuase the people will stop watching the stuff that carries such dark messages. the media puts on what the people want, if the people become more Christ-like, then their interest are going to change and the media will change whats on to what the people want, that is, less sin embracing TV and websites and books.
Think of it this way, Christians are a lumberjack taking down a rotten tree. does the lumberjack start at the top (the media) or will he go to the roots and the bottom of the trunk (the people who haven't come to Christ). without the roots, the top has nothing to grow from and dies. Same as, without alot of people watching their stuff, the media's sinfull programs wither and die. I know its a wierd analogy but English isnt my best subject and im still a freshman. i just put what came to mind.
Did i get the point right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.