the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Be careful. Satan doesn't joke around. If you approve of him in anyway, he'll follow you around. Exorcisms are up due to people taking the occult lightly and that includes symbols. It took my entire life to learn how to get rid of him and stay alive at the same time. When you have anything to do with him, resisting him as the Bible says, will have no effect. He's out to kill and destroy.
I don't get the logic of: exorcisms are up .. but the occult is taken lightly. Surely, if the occult is taken lightly, then no-one would be pursuing exorcisms? Or is that just me?

Please provide scripture for "if you approve of [satan] in any way, he'll follow you around." I have never heard anything like that before. I thought that satan dogged the footsteps of all - regardless of whether they "approved of him" or not.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whats interesting is non-believers are saying this is ok since we shove our religion down their throats (how I don't know). Well if God is not real then why put up a statue of the devil? After all wouldn't that mean you must believe God is real if you feel the need to put up a statue of the devil.

Please provide scripture for "if you approve of [satan] in any way, he'll follow you around." I have never heard anything like that before. I thought that satan dogged the footsteps of all - regardless of whether they "approved of him" or not.
I know I was raised with if your not a christian you more easily allow the devil into your life. Where as if your a christian hes still there but he has to try harder but overall you can avoid him more.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Is Satanism an already-recognised religion in the US?

As I understand it, the 'original' Anton LaVey Church of Satan has never asked for tax exempt status as a religion, but other Satanic groups have received it. Some military personnel have Satanism on their military dogtags.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Just checked out "Crusaders", came onto a link about, "The dark history of the Templars, a long, long read, ended up by just looking at the pictures.
There was a picture identical to the statue in question, under it, it says,
"The Templars worshipped the idol Baphomet, thought to symbolize satan".

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I know I was raised with if your not a christian you more easily allow the devil into your life. Where as if your a christian hes still there but he has to try harder but overall you can avoid him more.
How? I mean, that sounds like magic or something. Just by being a Christian, you can avoid the devil? And atheists - they don't believe in the devil, so how can they allow a non-existent being into their lives?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Whats interesting is non-believers are saying this is ok since we shovte our religion down their throats (how I don't know).

Erm....in this case the issue is having religious displays on public land. If it's ok for one religion to do that, then it's ok for another to do the same.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
As I understand it, the 'original' Anton LaVey Church of Satan has never asked for tax exempt status as a religion, but other Satanic groups have received it. Some military personnel have Satanism on their military dogtags.

I prefer my point-making religions to be more fun, myself ;)

Would you be interested in joining the British religion of Jediism? ^_^

Jediism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think perhaps you haven't read the thread, particularly where a fellow Christian said:

I don't believe that Jesus ever used dynamite.

No, I didn't see that. But you know, Hetta, many Christian churches are being burned and Christians slaughtered in the Middle East and Africa and there are no threads about those things.

I'm not in favor of bombing anything simply because innocents could be killed. But Baphomet can do nothing but destroy. My God can bless this country or destroy it so I place no value on the statue and wouldn't mind if it were destroyed. It's not like a business which sells inappropriate contentography or a drug house. It is a replication of a vile, heinous creature who inhabits people and persecutes and tortures until the demon is either exorcised or the person dies and is thrown into hell. Beyoncé wears constumes with Baphomet on then and the lights went out after the two of them performed at the Super Bowl, she and her demon, Sasha Fierce. Madonna is a fan of Baphomet. These people influence the young. There is a generation which will grow up being totally okay with Baphomet. If you have read about child sexual abuse that is often the means by which Satan enters children so the fact that children are in the statue with this vile creature is no accident. I'm not talking about laws here. I'm talking about Satan and his influence on our culture. I'm concerned for my country and the people who live here. We are already going to be destroyed for our sin, but I pray that we will not be guilty of idolatry and Satan worship too.

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Whats interesting is non-believers are saying this is ok since we shove our religion down their throats (how I don't know). Well if God is not real then why put up a statue of the devil? After all wouldn't that mean you must believe God is real if you feel the need to put up a statue of the devil.

^_^ Well, at least we know this NYC satire atheist group are more into humor than knowledge.
First, they want people to get the impression they worship a naked god that clearly bred with a human and seeks to entice children onto his lap.
That indicates zoophilia is an object lesson here. The obscenity of the symbolism would preclude this being errected.

Secondly, but most importantly, is that the "satanic" symbol these NYC comedians elected to sketch out as a proposed statue for their spoof satanic faith, is not satanic in the least!
That is a representation of the Baphomet! Originated by Eliphas Levi. And all of its symbolism, from the top to the cloven hooves, are intended to represent the pre-Christian mystery religions.

Which means, pre-Satan mystery traditions. Because the satan these NYC people think to represent in direct opposition and mockery of the Christian's and Jews 10 commandments statue in Oklahoma's city area is not what the Baphomet in any wise represents.

The NYC satire satanists aren't very smart! But they are very intent on upsetting Christians in Oklahoma.
Until now. When those Christians in Oklahoma realize NYC stupid isn't really a threat! ^_^

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
No, I didn't see that. But you know, Hetta, many Christian churches are being burned and Christians slaughtered in the Middle East and Africa and there are no threads about those things.

Erm.....yes, there are. Frequently.

I'm not in favor of bombing anything simply because innocents could be killed. But

See, there's where you start to go wrong. There isn't any justification for a "but" there.

Baphomet can do nothing but destroy.

Baphomet in this case is a statue of an entity effectively concocted so that the Templars could be shut down and absorbed into the lands of the French crown several centuries ago.

If you have read about child sexual abuse that is often the means by which Satan enters children so the fact that children are in the statue with this vile creature is no accident.

Satanic ritual abuse is a long-debunked myth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Then start them - but you better have facts and not YouTube videos.

I'm not in favor of bombing anything simply because innocents could be killed. But Baphomet can do nothing but destroy. My God can bless this country or destroy it so I place no value on the statue and wouldn't mind if it were destroyed. It's not like a business which sells inappropriate contentography or a drug house. It is a replication of a vile, heinous creature who inhabits people and persecutes and tortures until the demon is either exorcised or the person dies and is thrown into hell. Beyoncé wears constumes with Baphomet on then and the lights went out after the two of them performed at the Super Bowl, she and her demon, Sasha Fierce. Madonna is a fan of Baphomet. These people influence the young. There is a generation which will grow up being totally okay with Baphomet. If you have read about child sexual abuse that is often the means by which Satan enters children so the fact that children are in the statue with this vile creature is no accident. I'm not talking about laws here. I'm talking about Satan and his influence on our culture. I'm concerned for my country and the people who live here. We are already going to be destroyed for our sin, but I pray that we will not be guilty of idolatry and Satan worship too.
I think it's appalling that you think that children who are sexually abused automatically become 'vessels' of satan. As if it isn't bad enough to be raped and abused, but then someone tells you, oh well, you have the devil in you now too. OMW. I am just sitting here shaking my head.

Either God is all powerful then he's not. Either we believe that He overcomes or He does not - and if He overcomes, then what does a statue matter?

You know, atheists have the same objection to having Christian images out on public land. They don't want their kids influenced by Christianity, and they have a right to that.

p.s. I have no idea who Sasha Fierce is, and that stuff about Beyonce just ... well, it's just plain silly.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Look in the Christian Persecution forum.

It is a replication of a vile, heinous creature who inhabits people and persecutes and tortures until the demon is either exorcised or the person dies and is thrown into hell.

You know that there's no such being as Baphomet, right? It is a fabrication made for political expedience, and it has never been anything more.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
The NYC satire satanists aren't very smart! But they are very intent on upsetting Christians in Oklahoma.
Until now. When those Christians in Oklahoma realize NYC stupid isn't really a threat! ^_^

Really? Christians are beating "NYC stupid?" So there's no controversy over this whatsoever?

You might want to let Psalm 91 know, she's having a bit of a conniption over this Baphomet statue, as well as half the other Christians having the heebie-jeebies over this.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you have read about child sexual abuse that is often the means by which Satan enters children

I don't know that I've ever read a more reprehensible thought.

I dearly hope that you've misspoken.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't get the logic of: exorcisms are up .. but the occult is taken lightly. Surely, if the occult is taken lightly, then no-one would be pursuing exorcisms? Or is that just me?

People don't take it seriously when they play with Ouija boards and get into occult activity. But Satan takes it very seriously. I know from personal experience and also the reason why they said exorcisms are increasing is because so many are getting into the occult just for "the fun of it" and they end up with serious demonic oppression.

Anyone who doesn't believe in God are wide open for oppression or even possession. People who drink a lot or take drugs are open to it. I don't think you've maybe read much about it? When you show an interest or get involved in the occult, you're inviting Satan in. Drugs make people unaware and less protective and they become susceptible. Scripture never says how all of the demoniacs Jesus healed were possessed in the first place but there was a lot of idolatry going on at that time. Many of the idols were demonic beings. Did you think that a person had to tell Satan he could enter them or oppress them? No. He follows all of us as the Bible says he wanders the earth, seeking whom he may destroy. So he takes advantage of each opportunity. Of course, he has to have God's permission to taunt people, but I think we all, at some time, whether it's due to oppression or self destructive sin in our life, have to make a choice of who we will follow.

Reactions: AFM
Upvote 0