Christians, have you seen this!

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The preclusion is against the government making an official state religion.
All government buildings are owned by the people. If the majority of constituents have no problem with the statue then let it be built. If the majority don't want that monument to the condemned to contaminate their property, then ban it.
That's not how the 1st Amendment works. It doesn't cater to the whim of the majority.

What many people want to continue to deny is that we are primarily one nation under God, even if we have differing opinions how we worship or by what name we call Him.
What makes you think we have God's blessing? We're a war mongering, filthy rich Empire who slaughters innocents. Nothing about America is Godly.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Epic trolling, 10/10

Long may it continue.

Interestingly, due to this rule:

• Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

...we have to treat anyone who might appear to be a Poe as presenting the opinion of a genuine Christian expressing a truly held opinion, no matter how outrageous, alarming, or seemingly inimical to accepted Christian belief. Historically, the lack of this rule resulted in people who did truly consider themselves Christians being hurt. It's a sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What an awesome statue!

Though I don't think it will last, I would love to see this happen. The idea of being able to sit on Satan's lap to contemplate? Love it! What practical use is there for a cross or a stone tablet?

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

• Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

...we have to treat anyone who might appear to be a Poe as presenting the opinion of a genuine Christian expressing a truly held opinion, no matter how outrageous, alarming, or seemingly inimical to accepted Christian belief. Historically, the lack of this rule resulted in people who did truly consider themselves Christians being hurt. It's a sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

To clarify, I'm not saying the OP is trolling.

I'm saying the proposition to build the statue is trolling.

And it's good trolling at that - it makes a good point.

Besides, nothing stopping Christians from trolling here so even if I was referring to the OP I wouldn't exactly have been denying they were a Christian either ^_^

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

While I cannot speak for the poster to whom you are replying I think that it is clear that the people doing the trolling here are the Satanists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Epic trolling, 10/10

Long may it continue.
A troll of biblical proportions ^_^
Christians should be rejoicing that now there will be a reminder in Oklahoma that Satan is real and a seducer.
Right? It's not like it denies the existence of their God. In fact, I've always felt Satanists are even sillier for believing Satan to be real than Christians for believing Jesus to be the Son of God.

I flat out reject the entire myth. Not just the parts I don't like.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
A troll of biblical proportions ^_^

Right? It's not like it denies the existence of their God. In fact, I've always felt Satanists are even sillier for believing Satan to be real than Christians for believing Jesus to be the Son of God.

I flat out reject the entire myth. Not just the parts I don't like.

I get the feeling Satanism is for the most part also trolling to put the wind up Christians, and it does so very well. Certainly LaVeyan Satanism doesn't actually involve a belief in Satan existing.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I get the feeling Satanism is for the most part also trolling to put the wind up Christians, and it does so very well. Certainly LaVeyan Satanism doesn't actually involve a belief in Satan existing.
This is true. From what I can tell, they seem to be very organized atheists who've adopted Satan as more of a symbol than an actual deity they worship.

But there are also the weirdos who like to sacrifice animals and stuff. I can see stuff like that happening at the only monument to Satan in the country. That's why I feel if they do build it, it won't last.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is true. From what I can tell, they seem to be very organized atheists who've adopted Satan as more of a symbol than an actual deity they worship.

But there are also the weirdos who like to sacrifice animals and stuff.

The helpful distinction is to call the first group satanists and the second luciferians. The first being a group of smart aleck atheists following an interesting philosophical bastard child of Ayn Rand and Fredric Nietzsche with spooky window dressing, the second are just heretical Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.