Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Huh, I would of thought the violin. More a traditional devil instrument I would think.

This being a pack of Lavey satanists I would think they would appreciate their philosophies founders favored instrument.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering: Is that a caduceus over the statue's abdomen? With wings, it's the staff of Hermes, (and the Army Medical Corps insignia) but I was unaware of any Satanic connection.

$(KGrHqZHJCIFGrK,y68!BRywCd4v0Q~~60_35.JPG

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering: Is that a caduceus over the statue's abdomen? With wings, it's the staff of Hermes, (and the Army Medical Corps insignia) but I was unaware of any Satanic connection.

$(KGrHqZHJCIFGrK,y68!BRywCd4v0Q~~60_35.JPG

I would guess more an atheistic connection as it symbolizes waking the sleeping.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Christians are going to go out of their way to get the government to endorse religions, no fair complaining when the government does exactly that.

This is a perfect example of why the government is supposed to stay out of the business of advertising for various brands of religion. Now that OK leaders have decided it is part of the state's job, it is open season for all of the varieties of religion to use government property to get their message out to the people.

And yeah, that statue looks rockin'. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation." Love it. Unfortunately the people who most need to understand the irony of some groups being offended by this will be too busy getting offended by it to appreciate the effort.

Meanwhile the quotes from the R lawmakers are pretty much making the outcome of the court case a done deal. I'm sure that's what they are going for - when SCOTUS knocks this law down they get to pretend they're fighting the good fight for Jesus against liberal activist judges. Too bad their followers don't see the contradiction between "small" government republicans and wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on publicity stunts like this.

Be careful. Satan doesn't joke around. If you approve of him in anyway, he'll follow you around. Exorcisms are up due to people taking the occult lightly and that includes symbols. It took my entire life to learn how to get rid of him and stay alive at the same time. When you have anything to do with him, resisting him as the Bible says, will have no effect. He's out to kill and destroy.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Be careful. Satan doesn't joke around. If you approve of him in anyway, he'll follow you around. Exorcisms are up due to people taking the occult lightly and that includes symbols. It took my entire life to learn how to get rid of him and stay alive at the same time. When you have anything to do with him, resisting him as the Bible says, will have no effect. He's out to kill and destroy.

Really?

Because according to another Christian in this thread all we need to get rid of him is some sticks of dynamite ^_^

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whose mocking.

The only point of any public display is to garner attention. Roadside crosses for accident victims, public nativity scenes, billboards, message boards outside churches, etc. are all public displays for attention. Advertisement.

You prefer allusions to acts of terrorism. Try not mocking your own professed faith.

Insert stupid little waving smiley here.

Not true. We put crosses on the roadside for accident victims in their memory and to convey the message that they are in heaven or were Christians in their lifetime and have passed on. It also is meant to warn people of the dangers on the road.

Public nativity scenes are to honor the birth of our Savior.

Message boards outside churches are to welcome members and visitors or to make announcements to members and visitors. That is the only one that comes close to being an advertisement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The VA allows the atheist atom symbol, and the Wiccan pentangle on military headstones. Some people might think that's objectionable. Though, the Satan statue is much more in-your-face.

I've always heard there's a lot of occultic/Masonic imagery on the reverse side of the Great Seal. And the motto, "A New Order For the Ages," was taken from Virgil (a pagan.) I wonder if it would pass muster with some Christians if it were being designed today.

pyram.gif

Upvote 0