Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - Outside the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem's Old City, Christians from around the world celebrated Good Friday. Lucynoi Skalska and her friend, both Catholics from Poland, were wearing plaited crowns of thorns, identifying with Jesus, whose crucifixion was marked on Friday.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/religiontoday/1320505.html

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
I'm heading there mid-May. I understand from CBN News that the outlook is not so rosy 4 months from now when the handover of the West Bank should have been accomplished. :(

Hmmm, I wish peace would finally come to the area. It is so sad all the problems that they have over there. :(

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NFSteelers said:
If there was more peace in the region I would definitely head out that way. The Community College I used to attend said they would have a sponsored trip there if the region ever became more safe.

Awesome! I'd love to go to the Holy Land someday. At this point in time, it is merely a dream. I definitely don't have the kind of money to afford such a trip at this point in time. But, if it is God's will, it will happen. :)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
What's interesting is that 10 days in Israel, even with a single supplement, is cheaper than Europe, but with the benefit of 5-star hotels, 3 wonderful meals daily, and being in a direct line to God! :D

The trip is about $2400. Not bad! Let's hear it for early retirement! :clap:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
What's interesting is that 10 days in Israel, even with a single supplement, is cheaper than Europe, but with the benefit of 5-star hotels, 3 wonderful meals daily, and being in a direct line to God! :D

The trip is about $2400. Not bad! Let's hear it for early retirement! :clap:

What do you mean about "being in a direct line to God"? God's presence is equal throughout the earth isn't it? :confused:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
You bet, Holly. But there's something about the quality of sunlight in Jerusalem. It seems as though it's pearly and all one has to do is look straight up and see heaven. Just a figure of speech! :wave:

Ah ok. Well, I guess there would be something special about being in the holy land where Jesus once walked. :)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Holly3278 said:
Ah ok. Well, I guess there would be something special about being in the holy land where Jesus once walked. :)

That's exactly what I mean. We were walking around Jerusalem and came to these stone steps which Jesus PROBABLY walked up and down to and from the Mount of Olives. All I could do was sit on one and touch it! :bow:

Most of the city that Jesus knew is 10' under the current level, but they are making many archeological digs below current buildings and streets and finding all kinds of wonderful things! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.