Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is interested in salvation verses or salvation at all until he sees he is lost and needs saving.A contrite heart is just another word for a repentant heart.The repentant man is he who has finally come to the end of himself.....no more excuses, no more rationalizations.....he is a lost sinner , he deserves Hell and only by the Grace of God can he ever be served.There are seven different types of repentance.This is the only type of repentance or contrite ness that will lead to looking for a Savior.Only the Gospel saves.Only the contrite will look for it.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God spiritually calls/draws ALL men to a "free will" ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES decision: ACCEPT unto salvation...OR...REJECT unto separation: the gracious provisions: Grace + spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF.

The "work" of "on your own" Being contrite is not a pre-requisite of salvation.

REPENT / REPENTANCE

OT:

Number 23:19
“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

"that He should repent;" ...Hebrews 5162...nacham...
to be sorry, console oneself, regret, comfort, be comforted

"to repent."...Hebrews 7725...shuwb...to return, turn back

NT:

Matthew 3:2; 4:17 ; Mark 1:15
Repent, for the "kingdom of heaven" (God) is at hand.” (Jesus the Divine Messiah has come!...good news!)

"Repent,...Greek 3340...metanoeo...to change one's mind / to change one's mind for the better; heartily to amend with abhorrence one's past sins

Repentance (metanoia, 'change of mind') involves a turning with contrition from sin to God;
the repentant sinner is in the proper condition to ACCEPT the divine forgiveness." (SALVATION)

To Me, repent simply means:
RE-THINK...spiritually turning to God when He calls / draws you.

Repentance in context has TWO meanings:

1. repent UNTO salvation...God calls/draws you to Him from sinful self...turning to God to ACCEPT THE GIFT!

e.g. Jesus preached:

Mark 1 (NASB)...Jesus Preaches in Galilee
14 Now after John (the Baptizer) had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel (good news) of God, 15 and saying,
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; (Jesus the Divine Messiah had come!)
repent AND believe in the "gospel".” (Jesus the Divine Messiah had come!)

Luke 24...Jesus: AFTER The Resurrection
47 and that repentance for (because of?) forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Romans 2 (NASB)
4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness (GRACE!) of God (the Holy Spirit) LEADS you to repentance?

2 Cor. 7:10
For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret,
leading to salvation, (NOT a condition of!)
but the sorrow of the world produces death.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, (unbelievers?)not wishing for ANY to perish
but for ALL to come to repentance.

2 Timothy 2:25
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, (NOT a condition of!)

2. repent BACK into fellowship after sinning...e.g. The Parable of the Prodigal Son

Luke 15 (NASB)...Jesus and the Parable of "The Lost Coin"
10 In the same way, I tell you,
there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Repentance for believers involves CONFESSION
and claiming cleansing and forgiveness of sins purchased by Jesus' completed work on the Cross.

1 John 1...God Is Light
9 If we confess (AGREE WITH GOD ABOUT) our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0

Gary Davis

Feb 19, 2018
New Orleans
✟16,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't see a link but I looked it up on YouTube, I assume you mean the Mario Martinez video where he describes his vision of hell. The reasons were things like teens being disobedient to parents, Pastors who don't teach tithing, lazy Christians who didn't want to do anything for God. He describes the flames being higher for Christians and demons sexually attacking and torturing them.

It's a load of baloney. Hell is a holding cell, so to speak, that is apparently in the vicinity of the lake of fire. There is no indication that demons torture anyone only that they can suffer hunger and thirst and are somehow tormented by the flames. I think he has an over active imagination.

Now professing Christians can go to Hell but they were never in Christ in the first place. On the last day Jesus will tell them, Depart from me you that work lawlessness, I never knew you.
I wish what you wrote were true!!
Never in Christ in the first place is what you wrote! Well, Just confessing Christ in a sinners prayer is not sufficient!!! Be not deceived God is not mocked!! Whatsoever a man sows so Shall he Reap! If he Sows to the Flesh he Shall Reap Corruption or Hell,. If he Sows to the Spirit he Shall Reap Eternal Life!!!! You can be a carnal Christian and go to hell believing in Christ. WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE WILL SE GOD!! Only those with Clean hands and a Pure Heart will See GOD!!!

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Never in Christ in the first place is what you wrote! Well, Just confessing Christ in a sinners prayer is not sufficient!!! Be not deceived God is not mocked!! Whatsoever a man sows so Shall he Reap! If he Sows to the Flesh he Shall Reap Corruption or Hell,. If he Sows to the Spirit he Shall Reap Eternal Life!!!! You can be a carnal Christian and go to hell believing in Christ. WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE WILL SE GOD!! Only those with Clean hands and a Pure Heart will See GOD!!!
Your talking about professing Christians, I'm talking about being in Christ. Two different things.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS !

2 Corinthians 5:21
He (FATHER) made Him (SON) who knew no sin (SINLESS) to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God IN Him.

SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Isaiah 64:6(NASB)
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Ephesians 4:24
and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Q: are we saved if we believe in The Gospel taught by Paul in 1cor15:1-4 ?
A: no

MY Q:
Are we saved if we believe in the FACTS of the Apostle's Creed? John 3? Ephesians 2?

Is Paul lying? He says believing his Gospel given to him by Jesus will save if it is believed.What do you claim one must do to be saved ?

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is Paul lying?
No. He is reciting the FACTS upon which spirit-led FAITH/BELIEF must be based to be saved. SEE: Ephesians 8!

John 11:25
Jesus said to her (Martha, sister of Lazurus),
“I am the resurrection and the life;
he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Acts 23:8
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.

1 Corinthians 15:13
But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;

Philippians 3:10
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’ll ask again.....what does one have to do to be saved? Please answer simply so I can pass it on to my unsaved friends....I need to know if I have been mistaken referring them to a Gospel thAt Paul says will save if believed .Thank you . (1cor15:1-4)

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God spiritually calls/draws ALL men to a "free will" ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES decision: ACCEPT unto salvation...OR...REJECT unto separation: the gracious provisions: Grace + spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF.

The "work" of "on your own" Being contrite is not a pre-requisite of salvation.

REPENT / REPENTANCE

OT:

Number 23:19
“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

"that He should repent;" ...Hebrews 5162...nacham...
to be sorry, console oneself, regret, comfort, be comforted

"to repent."...Hebrews 7725...shuwb...to return, turn back

NT:

Matthew 3:2; 4:17 ; Mark 1:15
Repent, for the "kingdom of heaven" (God) is at hand.” (Jesus the Divine Messiah has come!...good news!)

"Repent,...Greek 3340...metanoeo...to change one's mind / to change one's mind for the better; heartily to amend with abhorrence one's past sins

Repentance (metanoia, 'change of mind') involves a turning with contrition from sin to God;
the repentant sinner is in the proper condition to ACCEPT the divine forgiveness." (SALVATION)

To Me, repent simply means:
RE-THINK...spiritually turning to God when He calls / draws you.

Repentance in context has TWO meanings:

1. repent UNTO salvation...God calls/draws you to Him from sinful self...turning to God to ACCEPT THE GIFT!

e.g. Jesus preached:

Mark 1 (NASB)...Jesus Preaches in Galilee
14 Now after John (the Baptizer) had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel (good news) of God, 15 and saying,
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; (Jesus the Divine Messiah had come!)
repent AND believe in the "gospel".” (Jesus the Divine Messiah had come!)

Luke 24...Jesus: AFTER The Resurrection
47 and that repentance for (because of?) forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Romans 2 (NASB)
4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness (GRACE!) of God (the Holy Spirit) LEADS you to repentance?

2 Cor. 7:10
For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret,
leading to salvation, (NOT a condition of!)
but the sorrow of the world produces death.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, (unbelievers?)not wishing for ANY to perish
but for ALL to come to repentance.

2 Timothy 2:25
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, (NOT a condition of!)

2. repent BACK into fellowship after sinning...e.g. The Parable of the Prodigal Son

Luke 15 (NASB)...Jesus and the Parable of "The Lost Coin"
10 In the same way, I tell you,
there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Repentance for believers involves CONFESSION
and claiming cleansing and forgiveness of sins purchased by Jesus' completed work on the Cross.

1 John 1...God Is Light
9 If we confess (AGREE WITH GOD ABOUT) our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we

The "work" of "on your own" Being contrite is not a pre-requisite for salvation

“Being contrite” is no more a work than being happy or being sad.It is a state of mind, brought about by the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. “......nobody comes
Lest the Spirit draw him”

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I sin every hour of every day.So do you.We all have secret thoughts that would shame hell.God will impute us with the perfection ofHis Son If we put our faith in the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"will be" = is certain to be!!

Saving FAITH = BELIEVE!

Acts 2:21
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Acts 16:31[ The Jailer Converted ] They said,
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law".
Find the truth in the Bible NOW!
Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved FROM ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD!?!
Spiritually discern John 3 + Ephesians FIRST!
then Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.
So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus) who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him;
and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;

9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR: Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!
Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body(/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"will be" = is certain to be!!

Saving FAITH = BELIEVE!

Acts 2:21
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Acts 16:31[ The Jailer Converted ] They said,
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law".
Find the truth in the Bible NOW!
Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved FROM ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD!?!
Spiritually discern John 3 + Ephesians FIRST!
then Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.
So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus) who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him;
and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;

9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR: Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!
Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body(/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)
J

“Being contrite” is no more a work than being happy or being sad.It is a state of mind, brought about by the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. “......nobody comes to the Father
Lest the Spirit draw him

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Contrite, ~="crushed," is only the superlative of "broken"; "a contrite heart" is "a heart broken to pieces.". In Holy Scripture, the heart is the seat of all feeling, whether joy or sorrow. A contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.

REF: Topical Bible: Contrite

What does it mean to be contrite? What is contrition?

An RCC act of contrition is a WORK!

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Contrite, ~="crushed," is only the superlative of "broken"; "a contrite heart" is "a heart broken to pieces.". In Holy Scripture, the heart is the seat of all feeling, whether joy or sorrow. A contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.

REF: Topical Bible: Contrite

What does it mean to be contrite? What is contrition?

An RCC act of contrition is a WORK!

Please......what is an RCC act of contrition?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Lol.....well I didn’t have to read more than a sentence or two of that to recognize that for the false teaching that it is.I never knew such nonsense existed.That is waaaaay different from the contrition I am talking....I agree with all of the verses you posted for salvation....I am a huge proponent for what some blind guides refer to as “ easy believism”. “ Lord have mercy on me a sinner” or “ save me Jesus “ is all that is necessary to save anybody.
I have been saved for many years. My best friend of over 50 years reads the same verses for salvation that both you and I do . They mean absolutely nothing to him.we both
Used to be atheists.....now only he is.what happened to me that did not happen to him?The Holy Spirit convicted me, opened my eyes to tha fact that I was a wretched Hell- deserving sinner that had to have a Savior to be forgiven for all my sins. My heart was made contrite and has remained that way since I was delivered from the Fools Paradise of thinking I was “good enough” because I wasn’t one of those guys that were in the Penitentiary. My friend is still where I used to be.We are vastly different now.The origin of our difference, the point of our departure? My contrite heart. Not a work on my part,it was a gift.It has made all the difference.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once Saved Not Always Saved!!!!

If you are not sure you are saved......you’re probably not.
Faith plus nothing for salvation.works will follow.Abounding grace cover sins until we get Home.. chastisement will be used as Our Loving Father sees fit .Learn the true meaning of Sabbathing—— rest in the finished work of Christ.His works,not yours.

Upvote 0