California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
May Abba Yah, strengthen these brethren and Breathe His Holy breath deeply into their lives, that they would be raised up in Yahshua ha Mashiach as they seek His Face and testify against the darkness. Amen.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Black Christian lives not so important, so it seems.
Thank you for this comment. I was going to say something similar.

If black lives really mattered the world would be demonstrating against the atrocities against Christians in Africa and governments would be working to stop these massacres. At the very least the media would be interested.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The media generally ignores Christian persecution and that has been true for decades. What about the black people that are being turned into slaves, sometimes just slaughtered, by Muslims in Africa and elsewhere? Even the black community in this country has not been protesting about that. But the media doesn't just ignore persecution by Christian blacks, but persecution of anyone who is Christian as for example in Latin America.

All the media is run by about 7 "elites". It seems to me they play good media/bad media, but underneath they are basically the same.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is so horrible. Lord Jesus please give them a divine resolve to stand firm in the faith. Please Lord help them and strengthen them as they are martyred. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are Christian charities helping Christians in persecuted areas. Open Doors USA is one of these charities.
Charities are essential. But our brothers and sisters need a lot more than that. They need peace and safety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Is Allah meant to be like Christ in the muslim community?
Allah is supposedly like God the Father. Muslims believe Mohamed to be superior to Christ, although they accept Christ as a true prophet. They teach that Jesus did not die on the cross, but that Judas took His place. They claim that Mohamed, a mass murdering paedophile, is the "ideal man". Don't say that you don't agree in public. The religion of peace thinks nothing of killing anyone who "insults" their prophet. I don't know how it is possible to insult Mohamed. Unless people consider truth an insult.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Charities are essential. But our brothers and sisters need a lot more than that. They need peace and safety.
When you pray do not show people you are praying (Matthew 6:5-6). In John 20 the disciples were meeting behind closed doors for fear of the Jews. If you want peace in a persecuted area, you should make efforts to hide your Christian activities from the enemy. After spending years in Soviet prisons, Pastor Richard Wurmbrand was ransomed out of Romania by Western Church members and founded Christian Missions to the Communist World. That later became Voice of the Martyrs. Before there was an Internet they smuggled a printing press into China. They hid it in an underground tunnel to print Bibles until the authorities discovered its location and destroyed it.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Bible does tell us to be discrete in evil times and to not give what is holy to the dogs and swines. We are told to beware sometimes even of our closest relatives. So often I have seen well meaning Christians wanting to witness to anyone and everyone. That does not seem wise.

Also, Messiah said that "few" would take the narrow path to salvation. If there was a room of 50 people and someone told you take "a few" outside, what percentage would that be? We need to only witness as the Holy Spirit leads.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible does tell us to be discrete in evil times and to not give what is holy to the dogs and swines. We are told to beware sometimes even of our closest relatives. So often I have seen well meaning Christians wanting to witness to anyone and everyone. That does not seem wise.

Also, Messiah said that "few" would take the narrow path to salvation. If there was a room of 50 people and someone told you take "a few" outside, what percentage would that be? We need to only witness as the Holy Spirit leads.
Some people will want to meet with other Christians. In China there are house churches. Some were more visible to the authorities than others. The current Chinese Communist Party administration is secular atheist. They have been arresting house church pastors and closing unregistered churches.
Will Chinese House Churches Survive the Latest Government Crackdown? — Religious Freedom Institute

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Allah is supposedly like God the Father. Muslims believe Mohamed to be superior to Christ, although they accept Christ as a true prophet. They teach that Jesus did not die on the cross, but that Judas took His place. They claim that Mohamed, a mass murdering paedophile, is the "ideal man". Don't say that you don't agree in public. The religion of peace thinks nothing of killing anyone who "insults" their prophet. I don't know how it is possible to insult Mohamed. Unless people consider truth an insult.[/QUOTE

Ok! Do you think it would be a bad idea, if a Christian purchased a copy of the Koran though? I get tempted sometimes, only so i can have a read through its teachings. Just being a nosy neighbour really.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ok! Do you think it would be a bad idea, if a Christian purchased a copy of the Koran though? I get tempted sometimes, only so i can have a read through its teachings. Just being a nosy neighbour really.
You can read it online. The problem is that most translations are made by Muslims who translate the Quran in a way that's less offensive to the modern mind than the original. The translation by Arberry is the most scholarly. The following website has several translations, which is an advantage:

The Quran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can read it online. The problem is that most translations are made by Muslims who translate the Quran in a way that's less offensive to the modern mind than the original. The translation by Arberry is the most scholarly. The following website has several translations, which is an advantage:

The Quran
Ok that's great. I'll have a look at it thanks.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Allah meant to be like Christ in the muslim community?

"Allah" isn't a name any more than "God" is a name. Indeed, "Allah" was used by Arab-speaking Christians before Islam existed. It's just the Arabic word that would correspond to "God" or "Ho Theos". Generally, when Christians refer to "God" as such, they refer to the Father. This is a rough correspondence in Islam. However, Islam admits to no "Christ" (God-Man). Instead, they reckon that Mohammed was the messenger of God, hence the proclamation: There is no god but God, and Mohammed is the messenger of God. Muslims consider it a blasphemous idea that God might condescend to also become human.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The media generally ignores Christian persecution and that has been true for decades. What about the black people that are being turned into slaves, sometimes just slaughtered, by Muslims in Africa and elsewhere? Even the black community in this country has not been protesting about that. But the media doesn't just ignore persecution by Christian blacks, but persecution of anyone who is Christian as for example in Latin America.

All the media is run by about 7 "elites". It seems to me they play good media/bad media, but underneath they are basically the same.

Even within Christian media, there is a hierarchy of who is deemed worthy of being covered. St. Thomas (Eastern and Oriental Orthodox in India) Christians? Nope. Wrong kind of Christian.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Police brutality is the biggest issue to most blacks in America only because the media tells them it should be. When in reality this is a bigger issue in the world, and even in America abortions take more black lives then police do. I would also say the music industry and hip hop music destroy more black lives then police do

But again police brutality shouldnt be forgotten about and it certainly has been a problem going back to when slavery was abolished

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.