Christians being Persecuted in North America?

Healed_IHS

May 5, 2007
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And THAT is where America is (and has been going wrong). Their house, their rules.

I go to a Roman Catholic Mass, I don't insist on taking communion because I know they have a rule against non Roman Catholics taking communion. Rather than complaining about it (or being a wuss and demanding my way), I accept it.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
XtianAgain said:
No gray area. Either gay people have equal rights or they don't. What's the gray area?

Text of Section One of the Fourteenth Amendment ends with Equal Protection clause

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Every state MUST give equal protection to ALL citizens under this Amendment. Therefore, laws which deny the right to marriage equality are inherently unconstitutional.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
No, supporting what He says (in His word) is supporting Him, not what man says....

And some issues are not as clear as people want to believe they are. Hebrew and Greek say nothing about homosexuality. There are thousands of translations over 2000 years and they don't all agree.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Great post. The way I would answer the question (as I am white) if I would mind if a hotel turned me down because I am white, my answer is "that would be fine". It is like being a smoker. If a restaurant caters to people who don't smoke by not allowing smoking, that is fine. The restaurant who caters to smokers will gain that much more trade while non-smokers will visit the first.

Prejudice doesn't need to be a govt/civil rights affair. We can simply let free trade take over.

To relate it back to a place refusing to serve homosexuals. That is fine, a company can just open up and refuse to serve heteros. Which company would gain all the profit from the homosexual community.
This didn't work in the 50s, because hotels and restaurants that catered to interstate travel were refusing blacks access to their facilities, which meant blacks could not travel across state lines easily. Congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce, which is why they can stop discrimination.

Upvote 0
Quit blaming God for your own bigotry. The people who opposed civil rights thought they were on "God's side" too. Turns out now they are laughed at by those of us who knew different.

Huhhh, I did not blame God for anything???? Ur statement makes no sense.

U asked me a question of whose side do I want to be on, and I stated God's side. So how in the world do u twist that into blaming God??????:confused:

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And THAT is where America is (and has been going wrong). Their house, their rules.

I go to a Roman Catholic Mass, I don't insist on taking communion because I know they have a rule against non Roman Catholics taking communion. Rather than complaining about it (or being a wuss and demanding my way), I accept it.

And I think it is where America gets it right. It is your property, you can choose to do with it what you want. If you dont want a business no one should be able to make you. If you choose to have a business then you have to follow the laws concerning businesses. Your choice to have that business or not.

A church is not a business, but if you want to donate your property to a church or to make a church, that is your choice as well.

Upvote 0