Christians are terrorists according to the US goverment!

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Using my Ipod to reply to this. After a GREAT sermon today I felt God telling me I should be focusing on the reason I am at this forum, which is to help struggling, lost and new christians. Which I've done well with so far.

With that said I will not respond to any Atheist comments unless they are seriously wanting help. You know about God already and his message of salvation, now he has to work in you to get you to change, I can do no more for you but pray.

I'll lastly say perhaps this is why I am annoyed at what you are doing here. Many here have questions, are looking for help and just want to socialize with others who have the same beliefs. You have no real reason to be here unless you really are looking for change.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll lastly say perhaps this is why I am annoyed at what you are doing here. Many here have questions, are looking for help and just want to socialize with others who have the same beliefs. You have no real reason to be here unless you really are looking for change.

This is a discussion forum. I and pretty much every other non-Christian member are here to discuss things. Discussing involves bringing up opposing views; you seem to mistake this for trolling.

What you're looking for is available on this forum, but you're in the wrong section. What you want is the Christian-Only section; all the society forums have equivalents there, just without atheists. Where and what you post is entirely your choice, but I'd suggest that if you want to be less annoyed, you post in the places that we can't.

Upvote 0
J

Jeneshisu

Some people just like discussion?

There are people out there in the world that enjoy discussion/debates with people of different backgrounds and beliefs.. rather than spoon feeding themselves ideas that they already agree with/believe in. Fellowship is great, but after a certain point, you would be doing a disservice to yourself mentally and spiritually.

Upvote 0
J

Jeneshisu

Where are you seeing this? I can't find any reference to this in the bill.

• Provide identification that is inconsistent or suspect or demand identity “privacy”
  • Insist on paying with cash or uses credit card(s) in different names
  • Make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, radical theology, vague or cryptic warnings that suggests or appear to endorse the use of violence in support of a cause
  • Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased
  • Believe in the return/coming of a god
  • Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items
  • Make bulk purchases of items to include:
  • -Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles Store up to 7 days worth of food
  • -Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
  • -Meals Ready to Eat
  • -Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
  • -High capacity magazines
?

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That's the OP. The bill itself (I've found various versions, but I think this is the final one) seems to have no reference to anything mentioned in the OP at all. All mention of the word food is in relation to the state providing it.

Upvote 0
J

Jeneshisu

That's the OP. The bill itself (I've found various versions, but I think this is the final one) seems to have no reference to anything mentioned in the OP at all. All mention of the word food is in relation to the state providing it.

Alright then, I didn't know that. I just remember seeing it a while back as well and as clear as day, it listed if you have 7 days worth of food, you'd be suspect.

And people weren't happy about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SithDoughnut

Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Alright then, I didn't know that. I just remember seeing it a while back as well and as clear as day, it listed if you have 7 days worth of food, you'd be suspect.

I can't help but wonder if it were actually listed in a piece of legislation or whether someone had decided to just claim that it was. I've seen plenty of the latter.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they should just have an athiest section. Where athiest can make topics but no one can see them but other atheists. Problem solved. :)

Atheists don't need to censor the opposition for their ideas to make sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again I have to ask why are so many athiests here? How are christians suppose to talk about things while these guys are making comments to stir a the pot into chaos?

by discussing it in one of the Christians Only sections of the forum?

And whats sad is I see to many take their sides as christians. Which is exatly what they want.

I'm taking the side of the people who suggest you READ and RESEARCH before you declare something like the US government considers Christians to be terrorists; regardless of what faith they do or don't profess.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I wonder how many people realize Christians are considered terrorist by our own US goverment? Thank you to send bill "S. 1867" that was passed(last I heard). Some of the items on the list suggest things such as this make you a possiblie terrorist:

• Provide identification that is inconsistent or suspect or demand identity “privacy”
  • Insist on paying with cash or uses credit card(s) in different names
  • Make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, radical theology, vague or cryptic warnings that suggests or appear to endorse the use of violence in support of a cause
  • Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased
  • Believe in the return/coming of a god
  • Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items
  • Make bulk purchases of items to include:
  • -Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles Store up to 7 days worth of food
  • -Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
  • -Meals Ready to Eat
  • -Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
  • -High capacity magazines
Look up the bill online and you will see the full list somewhere. Or lots of stories about it. Lets assume you don't think thats bad. Further more the bill allows them to arrest you and take you to places like guantanamo. Oh and you cannot question them and have no rights to anything like a fair trial.
There is not a single item on that list that has absolutely anything to do with being a Christian.
I'll tell you, if you live in the city and you buy several hundred pounds of fertilizer and electronics equipment, I WANT the government to be curious about what you got goin' on. I really don't care if you are a Christian or not. I don't care if you attend my church or not. IF you partake in suspicious behaviour, why wouldn't law enforcement agencies be suspicious?

xfreak...., it seems that you are incredulous that everyone doesn't agree with your stance. Is that fair to say?

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
According to the government, if you have 7 days worth of food, you're suspect for terrorism.

What general household doesn't have that?

After something like that, I think that ascribing to abrahamic religion would be one of the least shocking on the list.

No, until the poster gives some evidence that any government agency actually said that it is according to unsupported claims.

And they worded it as 'Up to 7 days of food' which is rather strange. So strange that few here bothered to realize that this implied that those with more than 7 days of food are not suspect. So I'm good!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums