Christians are terrorists according to the US goverment!

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wonder how many people realize Christians are considered terrorist by our own US goverment? Thank you to send bill "S. 1867" that was passed(last I heard). Some of the items on the list suggest things such as this make you a possiblie terrorist:

• Provide identification that is inconsistent or suspect or demand identity “privacy”
  • Insist on paying with cash or uses credit card(s) in different names
  • Make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, radical theology, vague or cryptic warnings that suggests or appear to endorse the use of violence in support of a cause
  • Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased
  • Believe in the return/coming of a god
  • Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items
  • Make bulk purchases of items to include:
  • -Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles Store up to 7 days worth of food
  • -Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
  • -Meals Ready to Eat
  • -Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
  • -High capacity magazines
Look up the bill online and you will see the full list somewhere. Or lots of stories about it. Lets assume you don't think thats bad. Further more the bill allows them to arrest you and take you to places like guantanamo. Oh and you cannot question them and have no rights to anything like a fair trial.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Look up the bill online and search through it?

The table of contents is well over 10 pages. In skimming that I did not see one with terrorists in the name.

I'm no tgoing to search 1000s of pages of the bill to find out that it either is not there at all or is just a specification of reasons to SUSPECT someone might be a terrorist.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No insult meant to Christians, but people who look forward to the soon coming end of the world aren't necessarily the safest people ever. I'm not saying that all Christians like that are dangerous or delusional, but that it could lead to people being ok with things like global warming or world war to set up the conditions for the end.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't hijack the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

plindboe

Feb 29, 2004
In my pants
✟10,498.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Look up the bill online and you will see the full list somewhere.

Why don't you provide a link to the bill and quote the section you're referring to, instead of demanding that the tens or hundreds of people who click your thread all have to go and look it up themselves? It should be the obvious thing to do when you're the one starting a thread about it.

Some people... *sigh

Peter :doh:

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Diesel fuel is a fairly innocuous substance. I would find it odd if someone were arrested for filling the tank of a diesel-powered car.

Likewise, it would be odd to arrest someone for buying a 5 pound bag of garden fertilizer.

But if someone was ordering several drums of diesel and hundreds of pounds of a high-nitrate fertilizer, especially one not appropriate for average back-yard gardens, and the government did not at least consider the fact that together the make a powerful ANFO bomb (Oklahoma City powerful), then that government must share in the guilt if such a bomb explodes.

I will not worry about this bill until and unless you can show that it goes beyond the kind of diligence I expect from the government.

I have no doubt that this law can be abused, or that it can be written broadly in order to embed behaviors that should otherwise be considered to be abuse of power, but you have shown nothing that indicates this is the case.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, there's not a single reference to Christianity (or religion) I can find in the entire bill.

Also, section 1032: Read it. Actually reading things tells you a lot more than hearing about it from sensationalists who obviously can't. The bill is here for those interested. Just use the old "Ctrl+F" to skip down to section 1032. I'd quote it but it's pretty long and the fun thing about legal documentation is that you always have to read it in context. Basically, if you're a legal resident, you're fine.

I'm not defending the bill, but paranoia is bad.

Upvote 0

The Paul

Jun 17, 2011
✟8,077.00
Faith
Atheist
I wonder how many people realize Christians are considered terrorist by our own US goverment? Thank you to send bill "S. 1867" that was passed(last I heard). Some of the items on the list suggest things such as this make you a possiblie terrorist:

• Provide identification that is inconsistent or suspect or demand identity “privacy”
  • Insist on paying with cash or uses credit card(s) in different names
  • Make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, radical theology, vague or cryptic warnings that suggests or appear to endorse the use of violence in support of a cause
  • Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased
  • Believe in the return/coming of a god
  • Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items
  • Make bulk purchases of items to include:
  • -Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles Store up to 7 days worth of food
  • -Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
  • -Meals Ready to Eat
  • -Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
  • -High capacity magazines
Look up the bill online and you will see the full list somewhere. Or lots of stories about it. Lets assume you don't think thats bad. Further more the bill allows them to arrest you and take you to places like guantanamo. Oh and you cannot question them and have no rights to anything like a fair trial.

Don't worry. The people making the power grab are Christians themselves. They won't come down on you for being Christian.

...Of course, being the wrong flavor of Christian or not worshiping in the state-approved manner is another thing entirely.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, there's not a single reference to Christianity (or religion) I can find in the entire bill.

Also, section 1032: Read it. Actually reading things tells you a lot more than hearing about it from sensationalists who obviously can't. The bill is here for those interested. Just use the old "Ctrl+F" to skip down to section 1032. I'd quote it but it's pretty long and the fun thing about legal documentation is that you always have to read it in context. Basically, if you're a legal resident, you're fine.

I'm not defending the bill, but paranoia is bad.

Did you find any of the things the OP mentioned? I did not see them in either section 1032 or 1031 which 1032 references.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Diesel fuel is a fairly innocuous substance. I would find it odd if someone were arrested for filling the tank of a diesel-powered car.

Likewise, it would be odd to arrest someone for buying a 5 pound bag of garden fertilizer.

But if someone was ordering several drums of diesel and hundreds of pounds of a high-nitrate fertilizer, especially one not appropriate for average back-yard gardens, and the government did not at least consider the fact that together the make a powerful ANFO bomb (Oklahoma City powerful), then that government must share in the guilt if such a bomb explodes.

I will not worry about this bill until and unless you can show that it goes beyond the kind of diligence I expect from the government.

I have no doubt that this law can be abused, or that it can be written broadly in order to embed behaviors that should otherwise be considered to be abuse of power, but you have shown nothing that indicates this is the case.

Thankfully terrorists seem impatient. I guess I should not say too much, but getting the diesel is very easy, diesel car and pay cash at assorted arco stations. No flags there are a good percentage pay cash to avoid the debit card fees.

I can think of similar ways to be not suspicious purchasing high nitrogen fertilizer. But then I garden and know how such is used in gardening. That part would be much easier to screw up and trip alarms so I'll provide no hints here.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well a few people I knew mentioned the christian end of it. I didn't read the whole bill. But from what I understand it looks like anyone that believes the end of the world is soon can be seen as a threat. Which would include christians because while we see things diffrently, to the outside world we are just as nutty as any cult.

I don't care entierly about the bill though. The goverment can think what they want. I do not fear my government, I only fear God. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did you find any of the things the OP mentioned? I did not see them in either section 1032 or 1031 which 1032 references.

Not that I could see, although I didn't read the whole thing; I just searched for relevant words. There doesn't appear to be any section suggesting methods of detecting potential terrorists. The vast majority of it is military specific, with the detainee section being largely devoted to how the military deals with prisoners, as opposed to domestic counter-terrorist organisations.

Besides, section 1031-2 made the fears in the OP redundant - that's why I pointed it out. Legal residents are not affected, so even if you're doing these things, you cannot be indefinitely detained under this bill. Mind you, anyone doing some of the things mentioned in the OP (offering inconsistent ID, endorsing violence, and so on) would be considered suspicious anyway, and rightfully so. Even if you're not a terrorist, you should not be handing out fake IDs.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I wonder how many people realize Christians are considered terrorist by our own US goverment? Thank you to send bill "S. 1867" that was passed(last I heard). Some of the items on the list suggest things such as this make you a possiblie terrorist.

Do you see any distinction at all between 'US government considers Christians as terrorists' and 'some people who behave in some of these ways may be terrorists'?

Probably not, from what you have said. It is a matter of patterns and probabilities.

Anyone buying the stuff on that list is going to have to explain why they want it. If they can't then it doesn't really matter what religion that person claims to follow, they have to be checked out.

Believing the Lord will return would not be a problem on its own. Believing this while constructing bombs in the garden shed would be, regardless of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should Christians be exempt from terrorist profiling because they are Christian? I don't see how that makes any sense.

None of the things in the list of the OP had anything to do with being Christian.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Should Christians be exempt from terrorist profiling because they are Christian?

Of course they should! With all the persecution American Christians must endure on a daily, nay, HOURLY basis... these poor, unfortunate souls deserve a break!^_^

Upvote 0