✟8,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Christianity is under attack by Ken Ham, President, AiG–USA
I wouldn't trust the man to feed my hamster, and he certainly isn't doing the gospel any favours, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he is attacking Christianity. Just making it look stupid.

Upvote 0

deana1003

Angel of God
Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
✟8,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't trust the man to feed my hamster, and he certainly isn't doing the gospel any favours, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he is attacking Christianity. Just making it look stupid.
what did he do that was so bad? I would like to know, so I don't refer this to anyone, if its that bad, and the article isn't refering to him attacking Christianity, It was about how non-christians are making it hard on the rest of us, and that we (Christians) are under attack, by non-christians.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
what did he do that was so bad? I would like to know,
so I don't refer this to anyone, if its that bad,
This isn't the appropriate forum to discuss my opinion of the man's views and methods - there are 'origin's' forums for that.

and the article isn't refering to him attacking Christianity,
I don't have a hamster anyway.

It was about how non-christians are making it hard on the rest of us, and that we (Christians) are under attack, by non-christians.
The article is not about Christianity under attack, but about evolution and so any discussion of that also belongs to "origins".

Christianity should be under attack if the church were doing it's job right. But being attacked doesn't prove you are doing your job right.

Reactions: gluadys
Upvote 0

CShephard53

Somebody shut me up so I can live out loud!
Mar 15, 2007
✟13,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what did he do that was so bad? I would like to know, so I don't refer this to anyone, if its that bad, and the article isn't refering to him attacking Christianity, It was about how non-christians are making it hard on the rest of us, and that we (Christians) are under attack, by non-christians.
Sorry, but the guy has to point it out to the world? It's not a state secret. Jesus stated quite openly that we'd have trouble. So why on earth should anyone be complaining about it? Jesus says we're blessed when we're persecuted...

Upvote 0

Technocrat2010

Relax - it's the Cross of St. Peter
Dec 18, 2007
✟16,798.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
More creationist lies from our dear Ken Ham? If anything, Christianity is under attack by his type. Claiming evolution is a religion is ridiculous and dishonest, because it ignores the vast amount of observable, TESTABLE evidence that evolution is happening before our very eyes. His so-called "arguments" that allegedly disprove evolution are merely classic cases of weasel-wording and argumentative fallacies. Evolution is not an attack on Christianity; it's dishonesty on the part of creationists like Ken Ham that discredit Christianiy better.

This is the same guy who stupidly claimed evolution was responsible for Stalin's policies that killed millions - while ignoring that Stalin killed and exiled Darwinists because Darwinism's "Survival of the fittest" ideologically contradicted with communism's collective revolutionary views (which is similar to the mistakes made by creationists in assuming evolution is some sort of ideology/religion, etc). Stalin then began to implement Lysenkoist pseudoscientific tactics in areas of biology and agriculture. Thanks to Stalin's idiotic move, the USSR experienced widespread crop failures and famine for many decades afterwards. China was no better, as Mao came to a similar conclusion - again, resulting in widespread famine, because of failed Lysenkoist applications to crops. Thanks to Stalin and Mao's rejection of evolution, even MORE people died, (not just the evolutionists and geneticists like Georgii Nadson, Nikolai Vavilov and many others who were executed or died in Communist death camps) and this time from famine.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You might want to read about the history of Christianity. It has been persecuted since day one as others have said. Especially read about the first two or three centuries, when thousands of Christians were martyred, especially by the Roman emporers. My patron saint, St. Katherine (or Catherine--I've seen it spelled both ways) of Alexandria is one of them. I hope that I'll have the courage that she did to die for Christ if that is what it comes to and to never betray Him. Remember what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount (Mark 5:3-12:

10. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11. Blessed are you when they revile you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

12. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Christians are so spoiled. If we are not kowtowed to as we used to be, we think we are being persecuted. Christ said that Christians would be persecuted; and that if He was persecuted, then we would be also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand. Why do Christians think they can't also believe in evolution? It is just God's tool to create us...
Because that says human evolved from ape. That is not Christian.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If anything, Christianity is under attack by his type.
Bingo. The conflation of Ham's brand of YECism with Christianity (TM) is what should be under attack -- by Christians of all stripes. Opposing anti-evolutionism isn't an attack on Christianity; it's an attack on a narrow, concordist view of Scriptures. Not all Christians hold such a view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Technocrat2010

Relax - it's the Cross of St. Peter
Dec 18, 2007
✟16,798.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, according to taxonomy we would be grouped in the family hominidae - which means "great apes". Please show how that is not Christian.

Upvote 0

JasperJackson

Sinner and Saint
Dec 31, 2007
Adelaide
✟16,893.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

Genesis tells us that man was created out of dirt, and animals out of the ground. So physically, we had the same origin. But humans are different in that God "breathed" life into Adam. I'm told that the Hebrew word for breathe is the same as spirit. So until the first "human" (Adam) evolved was born all his ancestors did not have the spirit breathed into them by God. Once God had guided evolution to create Adam He then chose to breathe the spirit into him.

I obviously take a metaphorical interpretation of Genesis. Some Christians will say that you need to take the Bible literally. But there are some parts that you just have to take metaphorically. Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth. Now we're not literally salt so it's a metaphor. Why can't Genesis be metaphorical too?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.