Christianity in Britain Losing Ground to Islam, Secularism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Less Non-British people in Britain.

Are you saying that Muslim, secular, and other assorted non-Christians are somehow "non-British"?

I didn't see anything in the article that touched on citizenship status -- until I'm shown otherwise, the British Muslims and secularists are just that -- British.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if Sharia Law Zones will ever become PC in the United States?

Jealous?

Or if we'll witness burka clad women marching with screaming Islamist men as they protest one of their own was seized on suspicion of terrorism? And the screaming chant will be; hands off Muslims!

I see burqua-clad women in my neighborhood all the time; there's a pretty noticeable Middle-Eastern neighborhood not too far away.

What's the problem? Do Christians have a monopoly on persecution complexes?

No doubt there will be a liberal front in this country who will say, that's perfectly fine.

More like "nothing we haven't seen before."

God save you Great Britain.

But only Great Britain -- God forbid He save anyone unauthorized...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the UK looks just fine. Disarmed and Sharia-fied.
Perhaps you're just kidding when you claim to be in the UK.

And you are from...?

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Calling people names doesn't change the fact that even the news in GB is reporting on the Islamification of GB.

Nonsense is the last words said by those who are more than willing to inhale sand as their head goes under and their hind quarters are warmed by the sun.
What a tragedy. GB use to have guts.

I don't think he's kidding - we Welsh are after all the original Britons who were here long before all the sausage eaters arrived from Germany, Holland and Denmark. Not sure about the disarmed bit? We introduced tighter firearms laws after a maniac killed 16 five year old children in a school in 1996. Other than the Cumbria shooting a few years ago, we have not had a repeat and the fact that the commonest weapon seized from criminals are converted blank firing 8mm Baikals brought in from E. Europe (and even these have to be hired) speaks volumes for the general lack of firearms in this country. Most police officers still do not want to carry firearms. On the guts front maybe you want to speak to some folk who have served in Afghanistan - they'll tell you that the young men and women in our armed forces fighting Islamic terrorism on the front line have no less guts than did my father and grandfather in WW2.
I wouldn't believe all you read in the UK media - right wing papers like the Daily Mail and Express are probably on a par with Fox and fit really only for use if you run out of paper for the smallest room in the house or stoking up the fire. The other tabloids are only interested in stories about people who are sexxxxyyyy (so hence don't like all those Burqas anyway!)

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that Muslim, secular, and other assorted non-Christians are somehow "non-British"?

I didn't see anything in the article that touched on citizenship status -- until I'm shown otherwise, the British Muslims and secularists are just that -- British.
Non-British people meaning people not "native" to Britain. Which, given Britain's history is rather laughable.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh sure. Drat! I still have my labia! What a shame. If only there was a Sharia Law that insured that didn't happen!
:doh:

I see burqua-clad women in my neighborhood all the time; there's a pretty noticeable Middle-Eastern neighborhood not too far away.
Great! Bet they're not marching and telling your local police force to go to hell! There's a video about that in these forums. Go check it out.
Then research Honor killing in the U.S.
Radical Islamists. Hey, it's all about freedom right? Nothing speaks louder for peaceful religions like committing first degree murder in the name of restoring honor to the murderer. :)
Gotta appreciate Muhammad. Murderer, Rapist, Pedophile, Thief. What a mouthpiece for god that was. Talk about great judge of character. :thumbsup: "splains a lot" Lucy!

What's the problem? Do Christians have a monopoly on persecution complexes?
^_^

More like "nothing we haven't seen before."
Or read before. :wave:

But only Great Britain -- God forbid He save anyone unauthorized...
Context agnostic. It's a trend. ;)

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
And you are from...?
A nation that will never let it's government disarm the people! :) Thank God.

I don't think he's kidding - we Welsh are after all the original Britons who were here long before all the sausage eaters arrived from Germany, Holland and Denmark. Not sure about the disarmed bit? We introduced tighter firearms laws after a maniac killed 16 five year old children in a school in 1996. Other than the Cumbria shooting a few years ago, we have not had a repeat and the fact that the commonest weapon seized from criminals are converted blank firing 8mm Baikals brought in from E. Europe (and even these have to be hired) speaks volumes for the general lack of firearms in this country. Most police officers still do not want to carry firearms. On the guts front maybe you want to speak to some folk who have served in Afghanistan - they'll tell you that the young men and women in our armed forces fighting Islamic terrorism on the front line have no less guts than did my father and grandfather in WW2.
I wouldn't believe all you read in the UK media - right wing papers like the Daily Mail and Express are probably on a par with Fox and fit really only for use if you run out of paper for the smallest room in the house or stoking up the fire. The other tabloids are only interested in stories about people who are sexxxxyyyy (so hence don't like all those Burqas anyway!)

I should have clarified the gut's remark. The government demonstrated incredibly poor judgment in disarming the people under it's care. I have an old school friend who moved to Scotland a year ago for the foreign arm of their study. An option they jumped at the chance for because they'd always wanted to see their families original homeland.
There the most common weapon after firearms were outlawed among the law abiding is knives.

I've heard about the Daily Mail before. And the one paper, maybe the Mail, who has a centerfold woman in most every issue? :doh: Quality journalism!

It's a shame that people think stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms is what will make for a peace filled non-violent environment. Rather than realizing it sends an alert to the criminal element that it's open season due to a reduction in self defense options amid their prey.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist

I should have clarified the gut's remark. The government demonstrated incredibly poor judgment in disarming the people under it's care. I have an old school friend who moved to Scotland a year ago for the foreign arm of their study. An option they jumped at the chance for because they'd always wanted to see their families original homeland.
There the most common weapon after firearms were outlawed among the law abiding is knives.

I've heard about the Daily Mail before. And the one paper, maybe the Mail, who has a centerfold woman in most every issue? :doh: Quality journalism!

It's a shame that people think stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms is what will make for a peace filled non-violent environment. Rather than realizing it sends an alert to the criminal element that it's open season due to a reduction in self defense options amid their prey.

Well what was the effects of gun restrictions in the UK. Gangs armed with guns should have become a problem since then. Im interested to know what you find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Christianity in Britain Losing Ground to Islam, Secularism

Religion Today
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

By sheer birthrate alone, Europe will be Islamic in a few decades.

Coupled with the rise and rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East, and the talk of new Islamic Caliphate centred in Turkey, we are in for a very sharia future.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Non-British people meaning people not "native" to Britain. Which, given Britain's history is rather laughable.

You are correct, except for the last part. I think a little immigration is healthy for everyone, but not to the point of the host country looking like an entirely different country then what it once was.

Upvote 0
C

Caesars Ghost

Coupled with the rise and rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East, and the talk of new Islamic Caliphate centred in Turkey, we are in for a very sharia future.
That's depressing.
Though I can see how it's possible. The push by the zealous is hard to miss as it seems to be creeping across the globe and affecting every non-Muslim country in some way or other.

I wonder how far American government will allow it to go or what ground it may achieve?
Isn't it Michigan that's said to have the second largest Muslim population in all of the U.S.?
Lansing I think it is, is where it is said if someone doesn't speak Arabic they stand to feel like the minority.

Could be wrong.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Calling people names doesn't change the fact that even the news in GB is reporting on the Islamification of GB.

Nonsense is the last words said by those who are more than willing to inhale sand as their head goes under and their hind quarters are warmed by the sun.
What a tragedy. GB use to have guts.
There's no Islamification of Britain. Muslims make up about 4-5% of the population. Non-Religion is growing far quicker than anything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. Concerning Britain alone if birthrates and demographic trends continue Islam might reach 8-10% in the UK in the next few decades.

The trends favour an overwhelming non-religious 'takeover' not Islamic.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Not sure what you're so thankful for -- the 2nd Amendment applies equally to Muslim Americans as it does to you.

And being armed doesn't mean squat without the will to use those arms -- you talk a good fight, but if the excrement were to actually hit the air conditioner...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are correct, except for the last part. I think a little immigration is healthy for everyone, but not to the point of the host country looking like an entirely different country then what it once was.

America in 1776:

images

America today:

image-422737-panoV9free-bstq.jpg

Looks entirely different to me -- am I the only one who thinks it's an improvement?

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That's depressing.
Though I can see how it's possible. The push by the zealous is hard to miss as it seems to be creeping across the globe and affecting every non-Muslim country in some way or other.

I wonder how far American government will allow it to go or what ground it may achieve?
Isn't it Michigan that's said to have the second largest Muslim population in all of the U.S.?
Lansing I think it is, is where it is said if someone doesn't speak Arabic they stand to feel like the minority.

Could be wrong.

This series of excellent talks will give you all the info you need re. the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into both sides of the political spectrum in the US.

Muslim Brotherhood in America, Part 1: The Threat Doctrine of Shariah & the Muslim Brotherhood - YouTube

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.