• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Christianity in Britain Losing Ground to Islam, Secularism

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Caesars Ghost, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notedstrangeperson

Notedstrangeperson Well-Known Member

+99
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    So ... Christianity isn't aggressive enough for you?

The Great Commission involves spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ. Sharia law means having separate religious courts for muslims which do not have to comply with UK laws. And last time I checked no UK minister was calling for people who insult Jesus to be prosecuted.

This is what I call the "NO U!" rebuttal: our criticisms on the problems caused by other religion are wrong / irrelevent because our own religion can sometimes cause problems. You can cut the sarcasm too.

The impression I get from many (though certainly not all) irreligious people is that they only complain about theocracies and religious indoctrination when it involves Christianity. Criticising other religions - especially Islam - automatically makes you a "racist" bigot who is unwilling to tolerate other people's beliefs and habits.

2. Creech

Creech Senior Veteran

+234
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    Just like how I would not move to different countries, I do not want a large amount of third world immigrants coming here and changing the culture and government of the country.

3. abdAlSalam

abdAlSalam Bearded Marxist

+142
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

4. Paradoxum

Paradoxum Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!

+618
    Humanist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Islam is still a small percentage, and doesn't do much harm. That is why people who are against creationism don't care as much about the small rise of Islam.

5. marshlewis

marshlewis Well-Known Member

+167
    Atheist

I for one am totally happy to call Islam a totally made up fantasy which promotes and defends dangerous behaviour. Just like Christianity.

6. Notedstrangeperson

Notedstrangeperson Well-Known Member

+99
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    I gather you missed my earlier post (link).

7. spiritualwarrior77

spiritualwarrior77 Senior Member

+6
    Agnostic
    Private
    *cough* *cough* *choke* *splutter* :confused:

We must be researching in different libraries!!!

8. whitebeaches

whitebeaches Legend Supporter

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    Mod Hat On
    [​IMG]
    This thread is being closed at OP's Request.

Documentation is here for staff only
    Mod Hat Off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.