✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
TLKValentine said:
Spiritualwarrior77 said:
Here's a brief primer...
The goal of Islam is to convert the entire world to Islam.
This is done via sword or covert means.
They are very successful at this are making huge strides in the Middle East via sword and in the West via convert means.
Sounds like people who manage to get things done -- unlike certain Christians I know...

How have you been doing with the conversions, friend? Don't you have a Great Commission or something to be working on?
So ... Christianity isn't aggressive enough for you?

TLKValentine said:
How is the big bad sharia going to make my life miserable in any way, shape, or form that you wouldn't do if the Establishment Clause wasn't an obstacle?
The Great Commission involves spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ. Sharia law means having separate religious courts for muslims which do not have to comply with UK laws. And last time I checked no UK minister was calling for people who insult Jesus to be prosecuted.

TLKValentine said:
They probably are -- those people have been fighting tooth and nail against religious fascism for quite some time now... the only time anyone else notices is when it's some other religion's fascism makes some headway. Afraid of a little competition, perhaps? Worried someone might convert the masses before they get the chance?

This is what I call the "NO U!" rebuttal: our criticisms on the problems caused by other religion are wrong / irrelevent because our own religion can sometimes cause problems. You can cut the sarcasm too.

The impression I get from many (though certainly not all) irreligious people is that they only complain about theocracies and religious indoctrination when it involves Christianity. Criticising other religions - especially Islam - automatically makes you a "racist" bigot who is unwilling to tolerate other people's beliefs and habits.

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
876.jpg

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wonder if the same people who say "So what?" when they hear that Britain is becoming more Islamic are the same people who get in such a twist when they hear about creationism being taught in schools in the US or the church refusing to allow gay marriage ... ?

Islam is still a small percentage, and doesn't do much harm. That is why people who are against creationism don't care as much about the small rise of Islam.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
So ... Christianity isn't aggressive enough for you?

The Great Commission involves spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ. Sharia law means having separate religious courts for muslims which do not have to comply with UK laws. And last time I checked no UK minister was calling for people who insult Jesus to be prosecuted.

This is what I call the "NO U!" rebuttal: our criticisms on the problems caused by other religion are wrong / irrelevent because our own religion can sometimes cause problems. You can cut the sarcasm too.

The impression I get from many (though certainly not all) irreligious people is that they only complain about theocracies and religious indoctrination when it involves Christianity. Criticising other religions - especially Islam - automatically makes you a "racist" bigot who is unwilling to tolerate other people's beliefs and habits.

I for one am totally happy to call Islam a totally made up fantasy which promotes and defends dangerous behaviour. Just like Christianity.

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Islam is still a small percentage, and doesn't do much harm. That is why people who are against creationism don't care as much about the small rise of Islam.

*cough* *cough* *choke* *splutter* :confused:

We must be researching in different libraries!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.